7 day The Grand Tour of Ireland (small group tour)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,494
- +10 Destinations
- Southern Ireland
- Drive the Ring of Kerry
- Kiss the Blarney Stone
- Stay overnight in Kinsale
- Go on a quirky pub crawl
- Age range
- 18 to 75 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- JjoanmeadWritten on May 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was the first time I ever took a tour & I would book another one with them tomorrow, no today if I could . We had a good group, Jimmy our guide was the best, went out of his way to please. Ireland is a magical country & this was a great way to see it.Show detailed ratingsOverland Ireland - Small Group Tours commented on this reviewHi Joan, Many thanks for your great and kind review. We are really happy that you had such a fantastic tour and that Jimmy was an excellent guide. We hope that you arrived safe home and wish you all the best on your future travels. Kindest Regards, Clodagh
- PFPatriciaWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentWould have loved a paper itinerary on a daily basisShow detailed ratings
- JohnWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentDid a 7 day tour around Ireland and it was amazing! I would highly recommend this small group tour! Jimmy, our tour guide, was excellent. Jimmy was able to accommodate everyone’s needs. All the B&B’s we stayed in were clean and friendly. I hope to be able to use this tour group again.Show detailed ratingsOverland Ireland - Small Group Tours commented on this reviewHi John, We are glad you enjoyed your tour and it was a pleasure to you have you on board. If you are ever back in Ireland please give us a shout. We wish you all the best on your future travels. Thanks a million, Clodagh
- CACatherineWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentBeing in Ireland. . .Show detailed ratings
- DDDavidWritten on October 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentAwesome tour! The small group size makes it easy to change plans on the goShow detailed ratings
- AMagnieszkaWritten on September 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhere do I begin? Let's start with our tour guide Shauna not only is she a wealth of information about the history, culture, and traditions of Ireland, but also like the rest of the natives extremely friendly very helpful and always went out of her way to make sure we had the best experience possible. She honestly made it feel like we were on a road trip with a friend from Ireland. The fact that she drove a van with 8 people thru the tiny streets of Ireland with such confidence and focus and managed to keep up a conversation the entire time definitely take's a certain kind of personality trait. To be honest when I booked this small tour I was very nervous about the places we would stay and who would be guiding us but I can say that for sure I would never do another larger tour again (like I did the previous year in Italy), this by far surpassed that vacation and my go to will be with the Overland Tour company. The best analogy I can think of is when you find a great hair stylist you stick with her and never shop around!! All of the B&B's we stayed at the hosts were awesome and the rooms great (clean, right size, and the breakfast's were all good). The variety of activities that we had booked were not too extreme but also kept us involved and weren't too conservative. The only complaint I could possibly have is that I didn't have enough time to explore more of the smaller towns throughout but that just means I will have to return and trust me that is 100% fine by me and definitely in the near future. I am going to recommend this company to any one that I know that is planning on a trip to Ireland.Show detailed ratings
- RDRobertWritten on September 27, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis tour visits some wonderful towns that have great restaurants, pubs, activities and/or shopping. The accommodations were generally excellent, quiet, comfortable and good breakfasts. The tour guides on this tour don't talk about the towns much and you can't hear in the back seat of the van. The guide was fun, wanted to ensure that we had a great experience and helpful. The transport was a 9 passenger van that had poor visibility, seats were uncomfortable and bouncy in the back. The activities were wonderful. Loved the biking, hiking and kayaking.Show detailed ratings
- JLJoanneWritten on September 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentOverall, great tour! We were a group of two couples, two solo travellers and a mom/daughter duo. The itinerary was well-planned with tours/activities but also time to rest and explore on your own. Our guide was knowledgeable and accomodating . Each day didn't start too early (~9 am). The accommodations were comfortable and clean.Show detailed ratings
- RVRianaWritten on August 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentAwesome tour of Ireland! I really liked kayaking in Dingle Bay and appreciated the small group. Reinier our tour guide was very accommodating and knowledgeable. I loved the whiskey tasting and the free time in each city. We were always given really great recommendations for food in the area! I will for be booking other tours with Overland in the near future!Show detailed ratings
- LCLaurieWritten on June 29, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy daughter and I did a 7 day tour in late May - and I can't say enough good things about it. Every detail was handled so well it exceeded our expectations. But the thing that made this trip so exceptional was our guide, Lisa. She was always cheerful, helpful and full of knowledge (and maybe a few corny jokes). She obviously loves her job and it shows. We would recommend Overland Ireland to anyone and would love to book with them again in the future.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day One – Dublin/Cork/Kinsale - Sunday
- Day Two - Kinsale/Ring of Kerry/DIngle - Monday
- Day Three - Dingle - Tuesday
- Day Four - Cliffs of Moher/Lahinch - Wednesday
- Day Five - Dunghuaire Castle/ Galway - Thursday
- Day Six - Aran Islands/Westport - Friday
- Day Seven - Westport - Saturday
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
Local Guest Houses
*Please note exact accommodation and details are re-confirmed at time of booking and subject to change up to 6 weeks prior to departure
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 4, 2018
Is there a single supplement on this tour?
If you are travelling alone you can either opt to share a room with another traveller of the same gender for no additional cost or choose to add a single supplement which will ensure you have a private room throughout the tour. To book a single supplement simply choose this rooming option once you have clicked 'Book Now on the departure date you are interested in.
- April 24, 2018
Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details.
This is a list of hotels that they typically stay at, but please be advised that they are subject to change:
Kinsale: Blindgate House
Dingle: Two nights in Dingle Marina Lodge
Doolin: Doolin Lodge
Galway: Merrion Townhouse or College Crest
Westport: Plougastel Lodge
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- April 11, 2018
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends between 4 pm & 6 pm opposite Abigails Hostel (7-9 Aston Quay, Dublin) on the last day of the tour.
Guides who have led this tour
7 travellers met before going on their Overland Ireland - Small Group Tours 7 day The Grand Tour of Ireland (small group tour) tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 22nd July 20181 comment"Hello"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
7 day The Grand Tour of Ireland (small group tour)
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- SundayMay 27, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJun 10, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJul 8, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJul 14, 2018to DublinOnly 3 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJul 15, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJul 21, 2018to DublinOnly 2 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJul 28, 2018to Dublin0 seats left$62USD $1,494
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayAug 4, 2018to DublinOnly 1 seat left$62USD $1,494
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Dublin.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Overland Ireland - Small Group Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 July 2018 the full payment of $1,494 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1494 for 7 day The Grand Tour of Ireland (small group tour), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Overland Ireland - Small Group Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Overland Ireland - Small Group Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 221 km
- Cork (Ireland)
- 21 km
- Kinsale (Ireland)
- 78 km
- Killarney (Ireland)
- 0 km
- Killarney (Ireland)
- 31 km
- Ring of Kerry (Ireland)
- 24 km
- Dingle (Ireland)
- 109 km
- Lahinch (Ireland)
- 42 km
- Galway (Ireland)
- 48 km
- Inishmore (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,494 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,987 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 7 day The Grand Tour of Ireland (small group tour) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 24 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 7 day The Grand Tour of Ireland (small group tour)