Cycling in Sicily
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends on 26 Sep 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 1,512
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Start and end in Catania! With the bicycle tour Cycling in Sicily, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Catania, Italy and 8 other destinations in Italy. Cycling in Sicily is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
2 ReviewsWrite a review
- AnonymousWritten on October 22, 20083.0 - AverageA very enjoyable trip which took in a lot of the sites and peaceful countryside of South Eastern Sicily whilst giving access to a couple of pleasant towns - Unesco town Noto and Siracuse. A number of challenging hills but nothing extraordinarily tough, leaving the satisfaction of having made it up that hill!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?On the journey from Palazzolo to Noto, as we came down from 500 metres or so we were able to cycle down a road which zigzagged down the hill face and which had views for several miles out to the towns below and out to sea.Â What did you think of your group leader?Whilst Sebastiano's English wasn't the best he was knowledgeable and helpful as far as possible, and stopped at all appropriate places to prevent cyclists from taking too wrong a turn if the direction wasn't clear.Â In all a good tour leader.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?If you enjoy the wine at Colle Acre in PallazoloÂ do try and arrange to buy it there.Â Make sure you visit the archeological sites in Siracuse at the end of the week, they are definitely worth the effort.Is there anything else you would like to add?The holiday was almost spoit by the fact that as our plane was delayed, no transfer from the Airport to our initial starting offÂ destination was waiting for us and we had to get there by taxi at some cost to ourselves.Â Â It took several days before we were reimbursed for this error as various parties would not accept responsibility.
- AnonymousWritten on May 27, 20084.0 - GoodA good relaxing holiday. Programme not too full, which allowed time to relax and chill out (literally, given the cold wet weather!).What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Coming down to Ragusa Ibla with the sun poking through the clouds, and the promise that the cold wind and rain might pass.What did you think of your group leader?Dario was excellent. Attentive to detail, sensitive, hard working, anticipating our every need.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Bring warm clothes and cycling gear, even though it's mid-May and Mediterranean.Is there anything else you would like to add?The hotel in Noto was clean and alright, but totally lacking in imagination. The other places where we stayed and ate were very good (though some of us have reservations about chocolate with prawns).
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Palazzolo Acreide.
- Day 2: Ride south to the hilltop Baroque town of Ragusa Ibla; cycle scenic roads to Modica.
- Day 3: Try the famous Modica chocolate with chilli; cycle to the architectural delight of Scicli, famous film set of Inspector Montalbano; on to the fishing village of Marzamemi.
- Day 4: Circular route through coastal wetlands to Isola delle Correnti, the southernmost point in Sicily.
- Day 5: Coastal ride to the Vendicari Nature Reserve; continue to the UNESCO-listed Baroque town of Noto.
- Day 6: Climb up to a view point overlooking the Cavagrande National Reserve and the deep Cassibile Canyon; continue to Syracuse.
- Day 7: Final morning ride north of Syracuse; free time to discover the historic town.
- Day 8: End Syracuse.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Cycling in Sicily
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Catania8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Catania0 seats left$82USD $1,973Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Catania8 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Catania5 seats left$166$1,745-10%USD $1,579
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Catania8 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to CataniaOnly 3 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Catania8 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Catania0 seats left$74USD $1,781Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMar 30, 2019from Catania8 DaysSaturdayApr 6, 2019to Catania8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
- SundayApr 21, 2019from Catania8 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Catania8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Catania8 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Catania8 seats left$169$1,825-9%USD $1,656
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Catania8 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Catania8 seats left$170$1,855-9%USD $1,685
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Catania8 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Catania8 seats left$170$1,855-9%USD $1,685
- SundaySep 1, 2019from Catania8 DaysSundaySep 8, 2019to Catania8 seats left$172$1,905-9%USD $1,733
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Start and end in Catania.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 November 2018 the full payment of $1,512 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1512 for Cycling in Sicily, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 216 km.
- Catania (Italy)
- 52 km
- Palazzolo Acreide (Italy)
- 22 km
- Ragusa (Italy)
- 7 km
- Modica (Italy)
- 35 km
- Marzamemi (Italy)
- 8 km
- Riserva Naturale Vendicari (Italy)
- 10 km
- Noto (Italy)
- 28 km
- Syracuse (Italy)
- 2 km
- Isola di Ortigia (Italy)
- 2 km
- Syracuse (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,512 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,876 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,980 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours