Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Edinburgh
- Our saving
- US $ 164
- Spend two nights on the rugged Isle of Skye
- Snap a photo of Britain’s highest mountain, Ben Nevis.
- Step back in time with a visit to Eilean Donan Castle
- See the Black Houses - ancient dwellings of the Scots
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- ELElizabethWritten on October 17, 20184.0 - GoodMartin was a great tour guide - I don't know how he managed it all. From driving to telling many interesting stories about the places we went to, to keeping us all in check, having timely stops along the way (for toilet breaks while seeing interesting towns) so it didn't feel tiring at all. The whole tour was very pleasant. The accommodation was also good - I stayed at someone's home and it really felt like home. Martin was also very flexible - when the weather took a turn, he would always have a hatch plan in place and always made sure he did all he could to give us the best experience ever. Thank you Martin - you were great!Show detailed ratings
- SBSarahWritten on October 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentGood value for what you pay for. 3 days is a good intro tour to Isle of Skye. I liked the fact that we stayed in Portree for 2 nights - this allowed us to explore Skye for 2/3 days. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who is looking for something short, but covers most of what Isle of Skye has to offer. Our guide Martin was also very good. Provided a lot of commentary along the way which was great!Show detailed ratings
- PpatlueckhotmailcomWritten on October 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had a wonderful 3 day trip to the Isle of Skye in September 2108. Jim was our guide and was great. He took us to all kinds of fantastic spots and kept us entertained with stories of the Highlands and good Scottish music and trivia games while riding in the van. We all had a such wonderful time, the highlight of our trip to Scotland.Show detailed ratings
- KMKathyWritten on September 25, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy tour to the beautiful Isle of Skye and the Scottish Highlands was a longtime dream come true and exceeded my expectations! Dom was our outstanding and fun guide, and thankfully he was also an excellent driver. If it was raining in one area, he knew other places to go, where the sun was shining with rainbows to guide us. He was full of information about the whole country of Scotland, and he answered our many varied questions. The Isle of Skye was full of gorgeous sites with mountains, lochs, bays and waterfalls, not to mention the wildlife, everywhere we went. Our group suggested extra places, that we wanted to see, and he did his best to make time and get us there. I also loved his choice of music throughout the trip, which added even more mystique to the Scottish highlands. This is truly a worthwhile trip, that maybe someday, I can repeat.Show detailed ratings
- WoodlandWritten on September 24, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was very informative. Jennifer was very pleasant and knowledgeable and kept the tour on schedule while dealing with difficult weather conditions.We would recommend the tour.Show detailed ratings
- RBRaymaWritten on September 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentLoved having a small group and Eddie did a fantastic job. Cool music.Show detailed ratings
- RBrobinWritten on September 7, 20184.0 - GoodAlison was just great!!! kept us engaged even if it rained... had all kinds of things for us to see and do. Very flexible to keep everyone happy... loved it, recommended it and thanks for a great time.Show detailed ratings
- AGAmitkumarWritten on August 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentSuperb....everything was lovelyShow detailed ratings
- CRCourtneyWritten on August 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentTour guide was knowledabgle and hilarious! Beautiful highlands. Disappointed that the Harry Potter train was advertised for this tour and not on the agenda once in session.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat tour guide! Knowledgeable and hilarious! Little disappointed that the Harry Potter train was advertised but wasn’t on the agenda.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Edinburgh
Start point Green Ensign Ewart Pub, 521 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH1 2PG, United Kingdom 09:00
- Day 2: Portree, Skye
Day 3: Portree, Skye
End point Waverley Train Station, Market Street, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH1 1QB, United Kingdom 19:30
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour cost, but they can be arranged for additional cost. If you require airport transfers please contact our Customer Support team to do so.
What are the optional excursions?
The optional excursions for this tour are:
Eilean Donan Castle
Please be aware that this list is a guideline only and once you are on the tour your tour guide will be able to organise them for you.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Edinburgh
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$6USD $189
- SundayOct 28, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysTuesdayOct 30, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$6USD $189
- TuesdayOct 30, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysThursdayNov 1, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$6USD $189
- ThursdayNov 1, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSaturdayNov 3, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$5USD $164
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$5USD $164
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysTuesdayNov 6, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$5USD $164
- TuesdayNov 6, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysThursdayNov 8, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$5USD $164
- ThursdayNov 8, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$5USD $164
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$5USD $164
- SundayNov 11, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysTuesdayNov 13, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$5USD $164
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Timberbush Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 December 2018 the full payment of $164 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $164 for Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Edinburgh, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Timberbush Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Timberbush Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 67 km
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 119 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 7 km
- Ben Nevis (Scotland)
- 99 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Fort Augustus (Scotland)
- 19 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 32 km
- Laggan (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $164 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,573 tours in Europe
- covered by 260 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Edinburgh via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 64 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Skye, The Highlands & Loch Ness - from Edinburgh