- Our saving
- US $ 1,591
- Cappadocia hot air balloon ride
- Hierapolis and Pamukkale Visit
- World-famous city of Troy
- Visit an underground city
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Home-stay, Berth / Cabin, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat, Private Vehicle
- Rather Poor
- DBDianaWritten on April 23, 20164.0 - GoodI went to Turkey & Peru (different trips) with G Adventures and both were superior. The guides were great and so were the fellow travelers. On both trips everyone had a fab time!Show detailed ratings
- DSDavidWritten on September 27, 20152.0 - Rather poorG Adventures tour: "Cattle Class"? Be warned! We have just finished the two week G Adventures "Absolute Turkey" tour and thought it would be helpful to others to share the experience. My first - and only - G Adventures tour: NEVER AGAIN! The tour was a 3200km 13 day circuit of Turkey by road starting and ending in Istanbul. THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED kilometres! That's a LOT of driving time - many hours each day (up to 8 hours) on the road. So you look for a tour with a comfortable coach. "Stretch out and enjoy the view from the comfort of your private ride" repeatedly effuses the honeyed language of the G Adventures literature. Stretch out? HAH! If you are four feet tall you might be able to stretch out in the van G Adventures hire for this circuit: normal sized adults are shoe-horned into tight (about 8" space from your seat squab's front edge to the back of the seat ahead) and narrow (about 15" as hip width space) seats - which also have negligible lateral support (making sitting through the winding roads a real effort). The seating would be OK for say a day-trip, an hour or so at a time: but is inappropriate and unacceptable for a circuit of THREE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED kilometres. Vans of this size are available in different configurations: the 14 seat layout (12 passengers plus guide & driver) offered in the Mercedes Sprinter (photo attached of another tour company's van at Kas) would be an comfortable ride. Four rows of passenger seats. Or the next larger size van up, with 20+ seats would probably be ok. But no, G Adventures use a VW crafter van crammed with five rows of seats to squeeze in the 15 passengers they book as standard on this tour. (See photo of G Adventures van, five rows of passengers squeezed in) As well as the poor tourists being crammed in, so is their luggage: so many people mean the cases tower over the rear row of seats - ready to slide forward and hit someone's head any time the driver has to do a fierce stop! (see picture of unsecured stacked high luggage free to fly forward onto the passengers) It would appear that G Adventures maximises profit from the tour by getting the most people on the cheapest/smallest van they can. But such penny-pinching is surely a step too far. Transport is cheap in Turkey - as are hotels. And throughout the tour this penny-pinching showed elsewhere in the arrangements too. "Good Tourist class hotels" honeyed the literature. "Barely OK Tourist class hotels" might be more honest. With hotels so cheap here (the "walk-in" rate where we stayed seemed around €20-€25 a person sharing a two person room including tax & breakfast. At "group" rates G Adventures no doubt paid far less per room) the tour could have been housed in GOOD hotels for very little extra. Hotels with nicer rooms and/or (for example) hotels where the air-con worked properly. With daily temperatures around 36 - yes THIRTY SIX degrees - cooling is NECESSARY to get the room down to a temperature at which cooler-climate foreigners can sleep. But air-con is expensive to run, so many inexpensive hotels (seemingly including two on our tour) reduce running costs by emasculating the system so it costs less to run - and as a consequence hardly emits any cool air. I could continue listing shortcomings of this G Adventures tour, but enough said. Instead of putting (say) 12 people in a comfortable space for 3,200km, G Adventures crammed in 15. They also skimped on hotels. Despite their so elegant and honeyed phrases in their literature, is this not suggestive of a company that views its guests with some contempt? Mere bums on seats? I hope they are happy with their profits. They'll get no more from me! To close, see the picture of the space and legroom offered by the CHEAPEST LOCAL BUS service in Selcuk, Turkey. 3TL (about $1 for a 30 minute ride). Much more generous than that in the G Adventures van. Maybe they should rent those? Photo: Ordinary local public bus in Turkey - look at the space! About me: I have travelled nine months a year for more than 20 years, with some ninety countries explored so far and I average 50-80 hotels stayed in a year. I also spent some years in Organisation and Methods for major companies including in the travel sector. P.S. Thinking I may have inadvertantly selected a "back-packers quality" of tour from G Adventures range, I checked their website. But no, this seems their "standard". More comfortable G Adventures tours in Turkey - eg with sections by air - seemed only to be short "taster" tours. Flying actually makes so much sense as a way of touring Turkey - a country as large as Germany & France put together - rather than spending umpteen hours in a van. The really interesting places are hundreds of miles apart. And domestic flights are SO cheap - eg only $40 a leg in many cases. Note: at this moment site will not upload the pics; will add laterShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewHi David, Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts about your recent tour to Turkey. I am very sorry to hear that that there were elements of your tour that caused disappointment, specifically regarding the less than comfortable design of the van that you used for long distance travel, and unsatisfactory hotel accommodations. We at G Adventures do all that we can to take care of the logistical aspects of a tour, so that our travellers can enjoy the sounds and sights of the destination they choose to visit. In order to cater to the tastes of the different explorers out there, we offer tours that range in comfort level and travel style. “Absolute Turkey” is a product in our Classic tour line that caters to the interests of those travellers who wish to see the “must-see” highlights of a destination, with comfortable accommodations, and a mix of public and private transport; this tour style is designed to keep value, and your budget in mind. That being said, for a tour that covers this many kilometres, we understand that a comfortable vehicle and accommodations are elements that are crucial to the enjoyment of this tour, and we are sorry that these services fell short of the standard that you expected. We constantly strive to find that happy balance between value and affordability for our tours, and as a seasoned traveller your feedback is very valuable in this regard. Please know that I have passed on your concerns to the Regional Manager for our Turkey tours. Based off of your feedback, it does seem like you would have better enjoyed our Comfort version of this tour, “Turkey Explorer”, which is also a 15 day tour that enjoys upgraded accommodations, and private transport that includes flights. We do hope that you are able to return on another tour with us again in the future, and we would be happy to work with you to find a tour that is more complimentary to your travel style. If you would like to engage us further about this matter - we would be happy to chat about it. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kind regards, G Adventures
- JennaWritten on October 28, 20145.0 - ExcellentAbsolute Turkey with G Adventures is an absolutely fantastic tour! I have done my fair share of tours with a variety of companies and in different countries and this has been my favourite. It covers everything you want to do in Turkey (and there's a lot to do!) with a great balance between activities, adventures and relaxing (if you choose to). It is a busy tour (only 1 night in most places) but done so well you don't feel rushed. Would and already have recommended it to friends!Show detailed ratings
- TomWritten on September 20, 20134.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour to Turkey with G Adventures. The tour was well laid out, our guide was top notch, and the time at the sites was perfect. G Adventures does a great job of dividing up time spent touring and free time. The small group approach of no more then 15 is also fantastic. You really get to know everyone rather well.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Istanbul
- Day 2 Istanbul/Bolu (1B)
- Day 3 Bolu/Göreme (1B, 1D)
- Days 4-5 Göreme
- Day 6 Göreme/Güneysınır (1B, 1D)
- Day 7 Güneysınır/Antalya (1B)
- Day 8 Antalya/Kekova (1B, 1D)
- Day 9 Kekova/Kaş (1B)
- Day 10 Kaş/Selçuk (1B)
- Day 11 Selçuk (1B)
- Day 12 Selçuk/Ayvalık (1B)
- Day 13 Ayvalık/Çanakkale (1B)
- Day 14 Çanakkale/Istanbul (1B)
- Day 15 Istanbul (1B)
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2017
How do I get the details of this tour on your website?
You can also click on the "what’s included" tab to find information about inclusions/exclusions and the "availability" tab to find the different departure dates, availability of seats and the price. I have attached the tour brochure which covers all the relevant information about the tour too. A trip note , which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
- June 14, 2015
What kind of hotels does this tour provide?
This tour uses mostly locally owned and operated accommodations selected for their cleanliness, location, and character. The starting/ending accommodation in Istanbul is a larger hotel. This tour also includes a village stay, where you get to stay with a local family (along with other members of your tour group).
- June 14, 2015
How long are the bus rides?
Time in transit varies from 1 - 6 hours. There is only one 6 hour drive-day on this tour, and there are frequent stops for toilets.
22 travellers met before going on their G Adventures Absolute Turkey tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
- Departs 22nd July 20181 comment"Hi! Just booked the tour, travelling solo. Would love to say hi to anyone coming too! Alison (Ali) x"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Amanda15th May 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayJun 17, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to IstanbulOnly 1 seat left$78USD $1,871Book Now Hold my
- SundayJul 1, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Istanbul6 seats left$78USD $1,871
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Istanbul0 seats left$78USD $1,871Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$359$1,949-18%USD $1,591
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Istanbul5 seats left$359$1,949-18%USD $1,591
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$80USD $1,919
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to IstanbulOnly 2 seats left$80USD $1,919Book Now Hold my
- SundayOct 21, 2018from Istanbul15 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Istanbul10+ seats left$76USD $1,823
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Istanbul15 DaysSundayMar 24, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$76USD $1,823
- SundayMar 24, 2019from Istanbul15 DaysSundayApr 7, 2019to Istanbul10+ seats left$76USD $1,823
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Turkey. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Istanbul.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 July 2018 the full payment of $1,591 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1591 for Absolute Turkey, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Istanbul (Turkey)
- 350 km
- Ankara (Turkey)
- 222 km
- Cappadocia (Turkey)
- 224 km
- Konya (Turkey)
- 191 km
- Antalya (Turkey)
- 122 km
- Kas (Turkey)
- 197 km
- Pamukkale (Turkey)
- 153 km
- Selcuk (Turkey)
- 164 km
- Ayvalik (Turkey)
- 78 km
- Troy (Turkey)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,591 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,980 tours in Europe
- covered by 211 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Absolute Turkey