Classic Vietnam: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
- Tour Operator:
- G Adventures
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 12 to 90
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Halong Bay
- Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Stargaze as you sail through spectacular Ha Long Bay
- Treat yourself to tailor-made clothes in Hội An
- Learn how to cook traditional Vietnamese cuisine
- Visit the Imperial Citadel and Royal Tomb in Hue
- Explore traditional Hanoi and energetic Ho Chi Minh City
- Day 1 Hanoi
- Day 2 Hanoi/Ha Long (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 3 Ha Long/Huế (1B, 1L)
- Day 4 Huế
- Day 5 Huế/Hoi An (1B)
- Day 6 Hoi An (1B, 1L)
- Day 7 Hoi An (1B)
- Day 8 Hoi An/Ho Chi Minh City (1B)
- Day 9 Ho Chi Minh City (1B)
- Day 10 Ho Chi Minh City (1B)
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by G Adventures
G Adventures gives you the opportunity to explore interesting and unusual places at a great price. The G Adventures reviews show high ratings from satisfied customers for all aspects of the trip, so you can be assured that you will be in good hands. If you have any questions at any time during your trip, 24 hour support is offered, so there will always be someone to answer your queries. There are various styles of trip on offer to cater for different tastes, along with a wide range of destinations and departure dates. If you look at the G Adventures reviews you will see that you can travel far and wide, with enthusiastic and helpful guides to assist you during your trip.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- RGRICHARD· September 17th, 2022Was excellent.We really enjoyed itG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Richard! Thanks for the positive review. Our world deserves more you!Trip date: August 2022
- BSBarbara· July 14th, 2022This was my second G Tours experience and just as wonderful as the first (in norther India) Our CEO Son Pham was a legend. His knowledge and passion for his job and Vietnam was undeniable. He was very helpful to all on the tour and he went above and... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewHi Barbara, Thanks for the kind words about Son Pham! Our world deserves more you :)Trip date: July 2022
- AMichael Weiner· June 19th, 2022Awesome group, awesome CEO, very good destinationsTrip date: September 2022Review collected by G Adventures
- AFrancesca Macfarlane· June 19th, 2022A lovely experience that I will treasure forever! Will be looking at other G Adventure tours! High-quality hotels and and excellent transport links!Trip date: September 2022Review collected by G Adventures
- DJDavid· February 15th, 2020The Hanoi to HoChiMinh tour was very good,because of a good group of travellers and historical sites to visit,but the tour guide,Chen from Cambodia was superb,10 out of 10.Good English,clear information and good company.He added much to my trip.The... Show moreTrip date: February 2020
- David/Anne· September 18th, 2019The group mix was awkward. The CEO did his best to make it work. Vietnam not the most interesting country I have visited.G Adventures commented on this reviewAppreciate the review David.Trip date: August 2019
- Waqar· July 20th, 2019This was a decent tour to get an overview of the country. It was good value for the money. Hotels were nice and guide was helpful.G Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Waqar, we do appreciate it.Trip date: July 2019
- LLlinda· June 27th, 2019T as we called him was amazing. He is very articulate and has tons of knowledge about Vietnam. Probably the best guide i have had in my travels. The locations of the hotels were always perfect, nearby sights and comfy 3 star hotels. Thang went out of... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewWonderful review! Thanks Linda.Trip date: June 2019
- KMKlara· June 6th, 2019Great tour, great Guide, great group!!! Really enjoyable experience . All was so organized and smooth.G Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Klara.Trip date: May 2019
- Anibal· April 11th, 2019We asked for a extra night 31/3 , we didn’t. We received a email telling that our hotel was change during our trip to Hanoi, we arrived to Boutique Hotel without accommodation. Cabins train are for people under 30 years old not for people over 40,... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the balanced review here Anibal. Our world deserves more you.Trip date: April 2019
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Tuesday4 Apr, 2023Thursday13 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- Wednesday5 Apr, 2023Friday14 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- Thursday6 Apr, 2023Saturday15 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- Friday7 Apr, 2023Sunday16 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- Saturday8 Apr, 2023Monday17 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- 4 Other Unavailable Departures
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationSunday9 Apr, 2023Tuesday18 Apr, 2023English$1,079$917
- -15%Monday10 Apr, 2023Wednesday19 Apr, 2023English$1,079$917
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday11 Apr, 2023Thursday20 Apr, 2023English$1,079$917
- Wednesday12 Apr, 2023Friday21 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- Thursday13 Apr, 2023Saturday22 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- Friday14 Apr, 2023Sunday23 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- Saturday15 Apr, 2023Monday24 Apr, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,079
- 3 Other Unavailable Departures
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationSunday16 Apr, 2023Tuesday25 Apr, 2023English$1,079$917
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationMonday17 Apr, 2023Wednesday26 Apr, 2023English$1,079$917
Frequently Asked Questions
- When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends in Ho Chi Minh, on Day 10 of the itinerary. There are no planned activities for this day so you're free to leave at any time, however your CEO can assist with travel arrangements if you wish to extend your stay.
- When and where does this tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, so you can arrive in Hanoi at any time, and spend the day settling into your accommodation and exploring the city. In the evening you will be greeted by your trip CEO at a welcome meeting, so you can get acquainted with your fellow travellers and go over the final trip details before the adventure commences! After this you can head out for an optional dinner with the group. Please be aware that the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the price of this tour, however you can pay for an arrival transfer in advance. In this case a tour operator representative will be at the airport to greet you. To arrange this please contact our customer service team once you have a confirmed booking.
Alternately you can take the Vietnam Airline shuttle bus for 3USD, which will drop you at the downtown Vietnam Airline office. From here you can get a metered taxi to your hotel for around 3 - 4 dollars.
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course we can! If you wish to arrange additional accommodation then please contact our customer support team once you have a confirmed booking.
- What is the age range?
This tour has an age range of 12-70 years old. This means children under the age of 12 will not be eligible to participate in this tour. However, if you are over 70 years please contact us as you may be eligible to join the tour if you fill out G Adventures self-assessment form. Please be aware that you must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Solo travellers do not have to pay a single supplement as this is a group trip which includes shared accommodation. Solo travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip.
If you would prefer your own private room then you can book the "My Own Room" option for an additional charge. You can see the additional charge on the 'Book Now' page. Please note that private accommodation is not possible for the following stays:
Night 2, Halong Bay boat, Night 3, Sleeper Train
- Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, and your specific accommodation details will be listed in your final tour documents. This is a list of accommodations that the operator will typically use on this tour.
Church Boutique Hotel Lan Ong
Halong Bay Overnight Cruise
Basic overnight train with beds
Vinh Hung 2 Resort
Lotus Boutique Hotel
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- Are the flights included?
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and you need to arrange these separately by yourself once your tour is guaranteed. As we specialise in organising the best tours around the world for you, we are unable to advise on flight prices or book flights on your behalf. If you have not already booked your flights we recommend checking out the following link which is powered by Skyscanner - https://flights.tourradar.com
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, G. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F. As a traveller from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F, G.
- Type AVietnam
- Type BVietnam
- Type CVietnam
- Type EVietnam
- Type FVietnam
- Type GVietnam
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Vietnam. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 15th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 15th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 45 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and G Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "G Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Vietnam
- Vietnam Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Vietnam from Hanoi
- Vietnam In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 10 days Vietnam
- From Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
- Operators in Asia
- Classic Vietnam: Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City Tours in Vietnam
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Southern Vietnam Tours
- Vietnam Tours
- Asia Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Southern Vietnam
- Vietnam tours