Spain, Portugal & Morocco
- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Places You’ll See
- Ait Benhaddou
- Explore the charming Salamanca, Spain's 'Golden City'
- Be amazed by the medieval University of Coimbra
- Soak up the vibrant atmosphere of the beautiful Lisbon
- See Chefchaouen, one of the prettiest cities in Morocco
- Visit the ruins of the Palais Badi and the Saadian Tombs
- Day 1: Madrid
- Day 2: Salamanca
- Day 3: Coimbra
- Day 4: Coimbra
- Day 5: Lisbon
- Day 6: Lisbon
- Day 7: The Algarve / Olhao
- Day 8: The Algarve / Olhao
- Day 9: Seville / Tarifa
- Day 10: Chefchaouen
- Day 11: Chefchaouen
- Day 12: Fes
- Day 13: Fes
- Day 14: Marrakech
- Day 15: Marrakech
- Day 16: Aroumd
- Day 17: Ait Benhaddou
- Day 18: Ouarzazate - Zagora
- Day 19: Tamegroute - Erg Chigaga
- Day 20: Oulad Berhil
- Day 21: Taroudant - Essaouira
- Day 22: Essaouira
- Day 23: Marrakech
- Day 24: Marrakech
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Intrepid Travel
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They travelled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles including basix, original and comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveller no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown but their mission remains the same: to change the way people see the world through sustainable, experience-rich travelRead more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Jenna· January 31st, 2020Amazing tour but not much time in Spain. The 2 weeks spent in Morocco were incredible seeing mountains, beach and desert. Accomodation was good as were the tour guides.Intrepid Travel commented on this reviewThanks so much Jenna :)Trip date: April 2019
- JJennySlade· September 26th, 2018Our tour guide was excellent plus,plus , plus she went above and beyond to make our tour fantastic and brought the group together as a family. Her knowledge and expertise were impeccable. We could not fault her.Trip date: August 2018
- AAnonymous· November 27th, 2010I travelled for the 1st time with Intrepid in 2008 through eastern Europe. I could not fault it. This time through Spain/Portugal/Morocco great itinerary but Lisbon accommodation was disgusting.Trip date: September 2010Review collected by Intrepid Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Thursday30 Mar, 2023Saturday22 Apr, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$5,825
- On RequestSaturday15 Apr, 2023Monday8 May, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,855
- On RequestThursday20 Apr, 2023Saturday13 May, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,855
- 2 Other Unavailable Departures
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday22 Apr, 2023Monday15 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,855
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday27 Apr, 2023Saturday20 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,855
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday29 Apr, 2023Monday22 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,855
- Saturday6 May, 2023Monday29 May, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,665
- Thursday11 May, 2023Saturday3 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,665
- Saturday13 May, 2023Monday5 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,665
- Saturday20 May, 2023Monday12 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,665
- Saturday27 May, 2023Monday19 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,665Only Pay $99 Deposit
- Saturday3 Jun, 2023Monday26 Jun, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,955Only Pay $99 Deposit
- Thursday8 Jun, 2023Saturday1 Jul, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,830Only Pay $99 Deposit
- Saturday17 Jun, 2023Monday10 Jul, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$4,665Only Pay $99 Deposit
- 7 Other Unavailable Departures
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday22 Jun, 2023Saturday15 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,2550% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday24 Jun, 2023Monday17 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$4,8300% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where and when does the tour end?
The tour ends in Marrakech, on Day 24 of your trip. After breakfast and check out (12am) you are free to depart. Continue on to your next destination, or extend your stay and tick off some of our listed optional activities! Please be aware that the finishing point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- Where and when does the tour start?
The adventure begins in Madrid on Day 1 of the tour, when you check into your joining point hotel, the Gran Legazpi. There are no activities planned for this day aside from an important Welcome Meeting in the evening, the details of which can be found at your Hotel reception. This is a chance to get to know your guide and fellow travellers, as well as to review important tour details. For the rest of the day you're free to settle in and explore the city.
Gran Legazpi Hotel
71, Paseo de la Chopera
Phone: +34 915 39 66 00
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
We are happy to pre-book your departure and arrival transfers, however this is not included in the tour price and will be an extra charge. Please contact our travel experts to arrange this once you have a confirmed booking. Below are the public transport link information to the joining point:
From the airport take metro line 8 from Nuevos Ministerios and then metro line 6 (circular line clockwise) to Legazpi. The hotel is just off the plaza next to the Gas Station. Journey time is approx. 30 minutes and cost of a one way ticket should be around 3 Euros.
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course we can! If you wish to arrange additional accommodation then please contact our travel experts once you have a confirmed booking.
- What is the age range?
This tour accepts travellers between ages 15 - 99, however the general age range of participants is from early 20's to late 30's.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Many solo travellers join this trip, and you will be roomed with a member(s) of the same gender for no additional cost. This is an amazing way to bond with your fellow travellers and enrich your travel experience! If you did want a little more privacy then a single supplement can be paid in most cases, and we can arrange you a private room for the duration of the trip. Please contact our travel experts for more information.
- Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, therefore the tour operator cannot confirm a set hotel list. Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour:
Camp site (1 night), Gite (1 night), Hotel (16 nights), Pension (2 nights), Riad (3 nights)
This trip is classed as one of Intrepid's Originals style tours, and the accommodations are selected to provide travellers with an authentic local and cultural experience.
- Are the flights included?
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and you need to arrange these separately by yourself once your tour is guaranteed. As we specialise in organising the best tours around the world for you, we are unable to advise on flight prices or book flights on your behalf. If you have not already booked your flights we recommend checking out the following link which is powered by Skyscanner - https://flights.tourradar.com
Good to Know
- EuroPortugal and Spain
- Moroccan DirhamMorocco
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CMorocco, Portugal and Spain
- Type EMorocco, Portugal and Spain
- Type FMorocco, Portugal and Spain
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Morocco, Portugal and Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Morocco. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 22nd, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 22nd, 2023, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intrepid Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Intrepid Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Europe
- Morocco Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Complete Safari Packing List: Clothes, Medicines, Gear & Essentials
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Europe from Madrid
- Europe In-depth Cultural
- 24 days Europe
- From Madrid to Marrakesh
- Operators in Europe
- Spain, Portugal & Morocco Tours in Morocco
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Morocco Tours
- Africa Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Spain tours
- Portugal tours
- Morocco tours