Start planning your tour
Start and end in Beijing! With the hiking & trekking tour Walking the Great Wall, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Beijing, China and 4 other destinations in China. Walking the Great Wall includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Arrive Beijing; free afternoon and Beijing duck dinner
- Day 2: Drive to Huanghuacheng Great Wall section; afternoon begin trekking.
- Day 3: Morning trek from Mutianyu to Jiankou, passing many watchtowers.
- Day 4: A challenging but beautiful morning trek at Jiankou’s ‘wild’ wall; transfer to Gubeikou and explore this section.
- Day 5: Hike the Great Wall Jinshanling section; transfer back to Gubeikou.
- Day 6: The most challenging walk today along the Panlongshan section; return to Gubeikou for the night.
- Day 7: Majiagou Hill walk with views of Crouching Tiger Great Wall; drive to Beijing via Niangniang Temple.
- Day 8: Beijing city tour visiting hutongs, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City.
- Day 9: Our trips ends today in Beijing after breakfast.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- NDNatalie· April 24, 2019The tour was absolutely incredible. Every day the hiking was so different and the wall incredible. The food was excellent. Accommodation is basic but that is all part of the experience.Trip date: April 2019
- ACAlison· April 27, 2018The trip exceeded expectations. Our guide in Beijing was exemplary and shared with us so many aspects about his culture and history. The range of activities was far reaching and the ability to appreciate two cities (we did the Xian extension) together... Show moreTrip date: April 2018
- SBSteph· April 15, 2017Just back from hiking the Great Wall of China and it has been awesome. From start to finish Exodus and Jerry the local tour Manager have made sure everything was taken care of so we could enjoy this once in a lifetime trip, The weather early April was... Show moreTrip date: March 2017
- AMartin Gregory· November 07, 2013This was a trip of a lifetime! Trekking the Great Wall was an amazing experience, led by a brilliant guide. Would highly recommend it!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Actually walking on the Great Wall is an incredible experience.... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARosanna Williamswood· October 08, 2013Outstanding local rep with Kevin (Great Wall of China). Trip was just as described.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Being in less tourist type places.What did you think of your group leader?Kevin really made the trip. Great sense of... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ANorman Maudsley· October 08, 2013The China trip was organised to perfection, those employed to make the trip a success in China worked hard and always with individuals interest - a credit to your partners.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Walking along the natural... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARobert Dyke· October 07, 2013the trek exceeded my expectations and encourages me to book another trek.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The Great Wall was amazing and each stretch confirmed that the Wall is well worth the visit.What did you think of your group... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ARachael Johnson· August 28, 2013An excellent trip, well organised, and a real experience! Each day brought a new challenge, and our Tour Leader Jerry was a fantastic leader - a real motivator on achey mornings! The food was the biggest culture shock, but if you aren't fussy it wont be... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ADeirdre O&#039;Connor· August 27, 2013A really enjoyable trip, with a great guide and a fantastic group of people. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I really enjoyed the variety of walks on the Great Wall. Each day brought different scenery, and different challenges,... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- APhilippa Last· August 25, 2013A rare treat of a trip which allows you to be at 'one' with the Great Wall, seeing expanses of countryside, staying in local, friendly guesthouses with a dash of Beijing at beginning and end!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The first... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Walking the Great Wall
From Beijing to Beijing
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 6, 2020MondaySep 14, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 13, 2020MondaySep 21, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 20, 2020MondaySep 28, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 11, 2020MondayOct 19, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 18, 2020MondayOct 26, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,799
- Get Instant ConfirmationFridayApr 2, 2021SaturdayApr 10, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayApr 11, 2021MondayApr 19, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayApr 18, 2021MondayApr 26, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayApr 25, 2021MondayMay 3, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayMay 9, 2021MondayMay 17, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,749
- How many miles per day?
- What are the inclusions of this tour?
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar