Start planning your tour
- See monkeys, iguanas, turles and more
- Enjoy a private boat tour to Golfito
- Hike Manuel Antonio National Park
- Bike down the Pan Am Highway
Start and end in San Jose! With the bicycle tour Costa Rica Coast to Coast Ride, you have a 14 day tour package taking you through San Jose, Costa Rica and 10 other destinations in Costa Rica. Costa Rica Coast to Coast Ride includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Start San Jose.
- Day 2: Ride to Rio Tarcoles.
- Day 3: Boat tour; cycle to Playa Bejuco.
- Day 4: Wildlife hike in Manuel Antonio N.P; to Ciudad Cortes.
- Day 5: To Osa Peninsula; ride to Puerto Jimenez.
- Day 6: Ferry to Golfito; ride to Rio Claro; transfer to Las Cruces.
- Day 7: Cycle to Paso Real; transfer to San Gerardo de Rivas.
- Day 8: Cycle to Perez Zeledon; transfer to the Orosi Valley; cycle to Tapanti Media.
- Day 9: Ride to Turrialba.
- Day 10: Cycle to the Caribbean side of Costa Rica.
- Day 11: To Tortuguero.
- Day 12: Boat trip; ride and transfer to La Fortuna near Arenal Volcano.
- Day 13: Cycle to Bajo Rodriguez; to La Garita de Alajuela.
- Day 14: End San Jose.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AMichael HodsonMay 21, 2013From coast to coast and everything in between, this tour will give you a pretty full exploration of Costa Rica. The riding is definately moderate skill level, with 2-4 climbs that will certainly test your lungs, but on the whole is very doable, even in... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AKelly McCroryApril 22, 2013I did the Cycle Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama trip last year and loved it so much I had to come back. Costa Rica is one of my favourite countries with beautiful scenery, amazing beaches, endless wildlife spotting opportunities and excellent riding.... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ADeana MurchsonApril 21, 2013This was an excellent trip. Although it was hot and humid, which was expected, the riding was great. Some days longer distances would have been nice, but understandably not possible due to bus transfers and lack of roads to cycle on. The... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- APenelope KenwardApril 13, 2013Because the country is small our bikes enabled us to see a variety of scenery, far more than a walking trek, and gave us time to visit National Parks, Botanical gardens, coffee and pineapple plantations.We also saw a huge number of birds, all... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ABruce MillsJanuary 16, 2013This was my first group holiday normally prefereing to travel independently however, I got to the last day and would have liked to have done it again straight away!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The cycling, the views, the wildlife... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJames MortimerJanuary 14, 2013An excellent bike trip taking in the highlights of Costa Rica its wildlife and cultures. However, in places I would say this trip verges on moderate to strenuous rather than purely moderate.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Being hosed... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ANeil ClaytonJanuary 03, 2013Excellent destination, however trip notes said moderate but as a club cyclist I thought that some days were very hard. As Costa Rica is a wonderful and exotic country, cycling at mountain bike pace was really good. Everywhere was colourful, even the... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AJoanna BrowningDecember 23, 2012A great introduction to Costa Rica. Cycling is a great way to explore this laid back, friendly, inspirational country. Despite its size, it has a huge amount to offer - friendly, hospitable, helpful people, beautiful beaches, spectacular views, lush... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AMarcus NicholsonJuly 04, 2012What a great country Costa Rica is! Really accessible for all, great wildlife everywhere, fantastic culure and to top it all off really suited to cycling.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Cycling along with one of the leaders who... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Costa Rica Coast to Coast Ride
From San Jose to San Jose
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- SaturdayMar 7, 2020FridayMar 20, 2020Sharing a twin room$4,199
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJul 11, 2020FridayJul 24, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$3,879
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdaySep 19, 2020FridayOct 2, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,049
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 17, 2020FridayOct 30, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,049
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 7, 2020FridayNov 20, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,049
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 21, 2020FridayDec 4, 2020Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,049
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayDec 19, 2020FridayJan 1, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,049
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJan 9, 2021FridayJan 22, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,349
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJan 23, 2021FridayFeb 5, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,199
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayFeb 6, 2021FridayFeb 19, 2021Sharing a twin roomHold space for 48h$4,199
- How far do we cycle each day and how experienced do you need to be on the bike?
- Is there an extra charge for bike hire?
- Is there a single supplement available on this tour?
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar