Dubrovnik & the Dalmatian Coast
- Our saving
- US $ 1,214
- Sample island life on beautiful Korcula
- Summit Mijet Island’s Montokuc peak
- Taste local wines of Peijesac Peninsula
- Explore the Old Town of Dubrovnik
- Age range
- 16 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- AAnonymousWritten on June 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe variety in the itineraryShow detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on November 10, 20135.0 - ExcellentOur first Exodus experience exceeded expectations and provided a superb introduction to Croatia and the cities, countryside and culture of the Dalmatian Coast. An ideal mixture of city tours, countryside walks, free time and jolly evening meals with the "team".What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Difficult to pick just one, but first entering Dubrovnik in the evening, with the walls floodlit and alpine swifts screaming overhead takes some beating.Â Trogir, Diocletian's PalaceÂ at Split, Korcula Island (Agroturismo Grubinjac evening mealÂ not to be missed!), Ston, and everything about Dubrovnik will linger long in the memory.Â What did you think of your group leader?Marija was extremely knowledgeable about the area (she lives in Split) and about Croatian culture and history in general. She inspired confidence from first meeting at the airport and kept everyone informed and supported individuals as and when required. Her varied choice of restaurants provided the venue for an entertaining group meal every evening if desired. She ensured that the group gelled from the first evening at the Tragos Hotel in Trogir Old Town.Â The city guides she fixed up for Split and Dubrovnik were excellent.Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?If you stay at the Hotel Liburna in Korcula, try to get a sea-view room from an upper floor; these were (reputedly) very nice.Â Our ground floor roomÂ facing in the opposite direction, lookedÂ out on anÂ overgrown grass bank and the bathroom was smelly, withÂ original communist era fittings and plumbing.Â The room itself was fine and the Hotel interesting in style and ideallyÂ located.Â Walking shoes/boots advisable for Korcula walk on loose stones for much of the way.Is there anything else you would like to add?Great fun from start to finish with an amazingly diverse gang of people who quickly blended into a sociable and entertaining group - a great advert for Exodus style holidays for our first venture.
- AnonymousWritten on August 1, 20134.0 - GoodA beautiful country with fantastic scenery,history in abundance , friendly people and good wine!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Trogir, Korcula and Dubrovnik are beautiful old cities. Korcula , Mijet and Lokrum are gorgeous islands with lovely walks and scenery. The wine tasting was excellent, such a wonderful building inside and plenty to taste. Walking round the walls of Dubrovnik was a highlight . The day I spent on Lokrum on the free day was lovely. It may be small , but it has a lovel restaurant in the grounds of the old monastery , lots of paths to walk on and barely see another person with good views,good swimming off the rocks and an interesting botanical gardensand peacocks! It was recommended to us by a couple of locals who said it was where they go to chill out, and it certainly delivered.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?The hotels were good and varied. The hotel in Dubrovnik is out of the old city but it is really easy to get a bus into town and they seemed to run every 10 minutes or so. Get a 3 day bus ticket , it will work out cheaper and includes free entry to various museums and the cable car.Is there anything else you would like to add?Hazelnut ice cream!
- AnonymousWritten on June 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentThis was my first time travelling on a group holiday, as a single traveller, and it lived up to all my expectations and more. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Too many to mention. The scenery, the people, the history, The exceptional well organised trip, with a good balance of pre arranged excursions and free time. The culture, The Italian Ice-Cream !!! Im addicted.What did you think of your group leader?Exceptionally caring, fun, knowledgable, and went the extra mile. Passionate about her role, and an inspiration. She was amazing, and a very special person. Thank you.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Yes, the walks tended to be more moderate than leisurely, with some really steep ascents and step climbing. Good walking shoes are essential. Avoid the sit down lunches that could be long and drawn out, Go into a bakery, order the local pastries, find somewhere nice, and walk or sit and soak up the ambience and culture.Have dinner with the group. Purchase the swimming shoes that are sold in abundance, to swim in the Adriatic Sea, as the beaches are stones not sand, if you are going in summer or at warmer times. And definitely do this trip, it is amazing !!!Is there anything else you would like to add?Thank you to Exodus........For a memorable adventure to an amazing country. I was very uncertain about arranged group holidays, and now am hooked, and am already planning my next one with Exodus. Everything was perfect, A good balance of exercise, History, relaxation and sun and sea. The documentation, detail and organisation of the trip was Fantastic, Thank you, thank you, thank you
- AnonymousWritten on June 17, 20135.0 - ExcellentI thought Croatia was a beautiful location to visit, and I was surprised at how Mediterranean the architecture was. Our guide Marija was exceptional and knew the areas well. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I loved swimming in the Adriatic. It was so refreshing!The fresh seafood was delicious!The narrow, winding corridors had a surprise around every corner!What did you think of your group leader?Marija was very prepared and well organised. She found fabulous restaurants for our group dinners each night and made sure we were comfortable and knew the plan for the day. Â Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Take hiking boots (and walking sticks) for the 2 hiking days. The paths are quite rocky and some are fairly steep. Take lots of water with you too!Â Is there anything else you would like to add?Have fun!
- AnonymousWritten on May 16, 20135.0 - ExcellentA great trip with stunning scenery, genuinely helpful and friendly locals & an excellent tour leader (Krsto). What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?My favourite part of this holiday was the boat trip to the beautiful island of Mljet and the island of Mljet with it's stunning lakes.Trogir, Split old town, Ston & Dubrovnik are also amazing.The whole trip was just great. What did you think of your group leader?Our tour leader was the best, so far, for me. He gave us enough information without overloading, has a brilliant sense of humour and is genuine with his care of the group.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?Although the trip notes say that trainers are fine for the walks you might want to take sturdier walking boots. I was fine in my trainers, however, the walk around Korcula island has a lot of loose stones and others of the group felt that they would have prefered to have better footwear.
- AnonymousWritten on May 14, 20134.0 - GoodEverything we expected and more. The Dalmatian Coast really is beautiful and this is a great introduction to the coast, country and towns. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Loved walking the walls of Dubrovnik. Great views and lots of history, ancient and modern.What did you think of your group leader?Always bursting with enthusiasm, KristoÂ was a friendly and knowledgeable leader.Â Made sure all the arrangements went super smoothly. Found us some really good places to eat too.Do you have any advice for potential travellers?If you like an early morning cuppa take a travel kettle - none of our rooms had tea or coffee making facilities.Is there anything else you would like to add?Look forward to someÂ great sights and fascinating history.Â Expect Dubrovnik to be very busy, especially if the cruise ships are in. Also, don't miss the optional trip to Mostar. It's a long drive but the scenery's interesting and Mostar's recent history make it a must.Â
- AnonymousWritten on April 19, 20135.0 - ExcellentCroatia is a gorgeous country and I have no idea why more people haven't discovered this. (shh..don't tell) This was my first trip with Exodus and I found it to be fabulous! It was well-organized, interesting, and provided a variety of activities and flexibility. It was wonderful to see a medley of places, without it being a huge tour group. Our guide Krsto was easy-going and made everyone feel like a friend. What did you think of your group leader?Our group leader, Krsto, had a great sense of humour and made everyone feel comfortable. Krsto had a natural ability of keeping the tour organized and on schedule, but without stepping on peoples' toes. He was patient and flexible when dealing with a variety of personalities. It was great fun traveling with Krsto and the trip wouldn't have been as much fun without him!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?I would definitely use this company. It was wonderful to have all of the logistics organized, yet not feel like you are part of a cattle herd being led around. I felt like I had simply joined some other people traveling around and we had luckily found a nice guy to show us all the cool places to go.
- AnonymousWritten on April 17, 20134.0 - GoodIt was a really good way of getting a flavour of the Dalmatian coast and Croatia without the hassle of researching and organising it myself. What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?I had no idea how lovely Dubrovnik is - until I got there.What did you think of your group leader?The group leader was an experienced and well-informed guide who never imposed but was always there when I needed information or help. He also had a good sense of humour!Do you have any advice for potential travellers?It is helpful to know that the season in these parts doesn't begin till May. In April you will miss the crowds but lots of the restaurants and tourist attractions are closed.Is there anything else you would like to add?My first group trip for several years and it was fun to be with likemindedÂ travellers again and a real treat to have someone else responsible for the organisation.Â I had forgotten, though, that there can be a downside to the praiseworthy approach of choosing 'local' hotels - but only one disappointing hotelÂ on this trip and the very helpful hotel staff made up for the slightly dreary surroundings.
- AnonymousWritten on January 4, 20134.0 - GoodExcellent trip from Split to Dubrovnik and will definitely go back to Croatia in the future.Guide was very knowledgeable about his countryWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?Dubrovnik city walls - and old city withinWhat did you think of your group leader?very good and helpful
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Start Split Airport.
- Day 2: Explore Trogir; transfer to Split, free time in Split before a ferry ride to Korcula.
- Day 3: Drive to the village of Pupnat and walk back to Korcula.
- Day 4: Travel by boat to Mljet Island; gentle walk to the peak of Montokuc for panoramic views.
- Day 5: Ferry to mainland; visit Ston en route to Dubrovnik.
- Day 6: Dubrovnik city tour.
- Day 7: Free day to relax in Dubrovnik, or take optional trip to Mostar in neighbouring Bosnia.
- Day 8: End Dubrovnik.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does the tour price include meals?
All breakfast and 1 picnic lunch are included on this trip.
Is this tour strictly for people within the age limit?
Our tours are suitable for anyone that is reasonably fit and has a sense of adventure!
Our average age is about 57 years old but we have people in their 20's and 70's booking so it varies departure to departure.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Dubrovnik & the Dalmatian Coast
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Split8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Dubrovnik7 seats left$151$1,365-11%USD $1,214
- SundayApr 21, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$153$1,435-11%USD $1,282
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$152$1,395-11%USD $1,243
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$153$1,435-11%USD $1,282
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$157$1,515-10%USD $1,358
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayJul 7, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$161$1,615-10%USD $1,454
- SundayJul 14, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayJul 21, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SundayJul 28, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayAug 4, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
- SundayAug 11, 2019from Split8 DaysSundayAug 18, 2019to Dubrovnik8 seats left$163$1,675-10%USD $1,512
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Split is the starting point and Dubrovnik is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Exodus Travels to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Exodus Travels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 November 2018 the full payment of $1,214 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1214 for Dubrovnik & the Dalmatian Coast, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Exodus Travels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 83 km
- Korcula Island (Croatia)
- 41 km
- Mljet Island (Croatia)
- 46 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,214 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,827 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 21,980 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours