Winter Adventure in Romania
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 14 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Day 1: Join trip in Bucharest
- Day 2: Tour of Bucharest and the Palace of Parliament; drive to Moieciu
- Day 3: Go wildlife tracking, visit Bran Castle and spend the afternoon in Brasov
- Day 4: Discover the Saxon fortified church at Viscri and UNESCO Listed Sighisoara
- Day 5: Visit Biertan Church before taking the cable car up to the Ice Hotel
- Day 6: Chance for more snow shoeing or tubing; cable car back to Lake Balea
- Day 7: Drive back to Bucharest for free time to explore
- Day 8: Trip ends in Bucharest
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for almost 40 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 12; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- AAndrew· March 3rd, 2020Where to next with Explore!Trip date: February 2020
- AMichael· February 3rd, 2020I highly recommend this trip, it covers a great range of the history and culture of Romania.Trip date: January 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CRomania
- Type ERomania
- Type FRomania
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before June 13th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after June 13th, 2023, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Romania
- 10 Best Backpacking Tours Europe 2023/2024
- Best 4 week Europe Itineraries [Train, Cruises & More]
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Romania from Bucharest
- Romania In-depth Cultural
- Operators in Europe
- Winter Adventure in Romania Tours in Romania
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Transylvania Tours
- Romania Tours
- Europe Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Historical Tours
- Romania tours