- Our saving
- US $ 1,999
- Explore the streets of Rhine Valley
- Sample brews in Munich
- See the beauty of the Alps
- Walk the winding canals of Venice
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- NNatalieWritten on October 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentTop Deck was such an amazing experience. It was my first time in Europe and loved every second of it! Jacinthe our group leader was the greatest!! She was so fun and made everything seem so natural - love love loved it!Show detailed ratings
- KKekeWritten on October 25, 20174.0 - GoodIt was my first overseas experience. The trip leader was so awesome and made all of us feel like family. I left the tour not only richer by knowing more places but richer by making connections with people around the world. I now have friends in Canada, Austria, America and I surely have a friend who is galloping around the world aka my topdeck trip leader JassShow detailed ratings
- LLauraWritten on October 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentAbsolutely the trip of a lifetime!! The essential europe tour has to be one of the best ways to take in the hotspots of europe and an appropriate duration as well which allows you to continue on exploring europe or return to the parts of the trip you loved the most. Top deck does an amazing job in creating an inclusive environment where you are left feeling like the group is your family! The tour guide and bus driver were amazing guides and were able to share their knowledge, hot tips and stories to make sure we got the most out of the trip. Our tour guide Jass was amazing. Her attention to detail was remarkable in terms of everything was organised with never any issues and the group was kept super well informed about all of the activities, options and recommendations. She did an amazing job at bringing the group together despite the variations in age groups and preferences. We always felt like we were part of a family! Jays is professional, kind and caring and absolutely genuine. She made such an effort to get to know everybody by name and their interests and a little bit about them and even shared a personal postcard with everyone relevant to them at the end of the trip - such a beautiful and heartfelt gesture. Jass is amazing!!Show detailed ratings
- JJessieWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was an amazing experience touring beautiful places. Our guide, Jacinthe, was extremely nice and bubbly, and was always keen to talk to the group. I thought that enhanced the Topdeck experience because it made the group feel like a family. The transportation and accommodation were also spectacular.Show detailed ratings
- EEmmaWritten on October 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentWhole experience was awesomeShow detailed ratings
- JJasminWritten on October 23, 20174.0 - GoodHad a great time on the Essential Europe trip, accommodations were good and all the experiences were great. My tour leader Jass was such a lovely person and made the trip amazing, wouldn't have been the same without her!Show detailed ratings
- TOThomasWritten on October 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy experience was the Essential Europe tour with Topdeck and I had a great time. My tour driver was Filipe Ferreira and my tour manager was Jacinthe Mercier-Paquin. The tour exceeded expectations and both Filipe and Jacinthe were awesomeShow detailed ratings
- AHAndrewWritten on June 27, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was good. The tour guide was great and very helpful. The hotels were of varying quality from 2-4 stars. One thing that I didn't account for and I think people need to be aware of is travel time. Some days you don't get into the city until mid afternoon.Show detailed ratings
- DDanielWritten on March 18, 20173.0 - AverageSaw very little of lots of places. Too much bus time not enough to explore each location. Poor itinerary would recommend tour with at least 2 nights in each location.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Daniel, We are sorry to hear that some of the accommodation options and meals on this trip did not meet your expectations. We would love to hear from you and identify the accommodation properties you were not happy with along with the places the meals did not meet your expectations. Feel free to contact our team at email@example.com who will be able to assist you further. Many Thanks Team Topdeck
- CCCarissaWritten on December 18, 20164.0 - GoodI did an 11 day trip in Europe! Visiting places I had never been to before, Jonny was the perfect tour leader! He had great knowledge but more important he was fun! He made the trip what it was and I will have lasting memories! Thank you!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley, Germany
- Day 4: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 5: Munich to Venice, Italy
- Day 6: Venice to Rome
- Day 7: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 8: Rome to Florence
- Day 9: Florence to Lucerne, Switzerland
- Day 10: Lucerne to Paris, France
- Day 11: Paris
- Day 12: Paris to London, England
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Does this include accommodation?
Yes, this tour includes accommodation.
- September 1, 2016
Can I start the tour in Paris? Would it be any cheaper if I did that?
Yes, you can join this tour in Paris. Unfortunately, it does not affect the tour price.
- July 1, 2016
What is the age range of this tour?
This tour is operated by Topdeck and they operate tours for travellers between ages 18 to 39. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Megan5th November 2017
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- TuesdayApr 3, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayApr 14, 2018to London10+ seats left$50USD $1,999Based on Double
- TuesdayApr 17, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayApr 28, 2018to London0 seats left$50USD $1,999Based on Double
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayMay 12, 2018to London0 seats left$50USD $1,999Based on Double
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayMay 26, 2018to London10+ seats left$55USD $2,189Based on Double
- TuesdayMay 22, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to London10+ seats left$55USD $2,189Based on Double
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to London10+ seats left$55USD $2,189Based on Double
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to London10+ seats left$55USD $2,189Based on Double
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to London0 seats left$55USD $2,189Based on Double
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to London10+ seats left$59USD $2,379Based on Double
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from London12 DaysSaturdayJul 7, 2018to London10+ seats left$59USD $2,379Based on Double
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands , Germany and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Essential Europe.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 May 2018 the full payment of $1,999 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1999 for Essential Europe, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 262 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 669 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 431 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 488 km
- Paris (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,999 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,433 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 30 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Europe