Essential Europe 2018 (Rhine Valley)
- Explore the streets of Rhine Valley
- Sample brews in Munich
- See the beauty of the Alps
- Walk the winding canals of Venice
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Discovery, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- AKAmyWritten on April 18, 20184.0 - GoodThe full days - Rome and Paris particularly. Lucerne was also beautifulShow detailed ratings
- NNatalieWritten on October 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentTop Deck was such an amazing experience. It was my first time in Europe and loved every second of it! Jacinthe our group leader was the greatest!! She was so fun and made everything seem so natural - love love loved it!Show detailed ratings
- KKekeWritten on October 25, 20174.0 - GoodIt was my first overseas experience. The trip leader was so awesome and made all of us feel like family. I left the tour not only richer by knowing more places but richer by making connections with people around the world. I now have friends in Canada, Austria, America and I surely have a friend who is galloping around the world aka my topdeck trip leader JassShow detailed ratings
- LLauraWritten on October 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentAbsolutely the trip of a lifetime!! The essential europe tour has to be one of the best ways to take in the hotspots of europe and an appropriate duration as well which allows you to continue on exploring europe or return to the parts of the trip you loved the most. Top deck does an amazing job in creating an inclusive environment where you are left feeling like the group is your family! The tour guide and bus driver were amazing guides and were able to share their knowledge, hot tips and stories to make sure we got the most out of the trip. Our tour guide Jass was amazing. Her attention to detail was remarkable in terms of everything was organised with never any issues and the group was kept super well informed about all of the activities, options and recommendations. She did an amazing job at bringing the group together despite the variations in age groups and preferences. We always felt like we were part of a family! Jays is professional, kind and caring and absolutely genuine. She made such an effort to get to know everybody by name and their interests and a little bit about them and even shared a personal postcard with everyone relevant to them at the end of the trip - such a beautiful and heartfelt gesture. Jass is amazing!!Show detailed ratings
- JJessieWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was an amazing experience touring beautiful places. Our guide, Jacinthe, was extremely nice and bubbly, and was always keen to talk to the group. I thought that enhanced the Topdeck experience because it made the group feel like a family. The transportation and accommodation were also spectacular.Show detailed ratings
- BBrittanyWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had such an amazing time! Jacinthe (jass) was very knowledgeable and very kind. She made everyone feel very welcome and comfortable. The European trip was just unbelievable so many amazing activities and it's so hard to put into words how much I loved it. It open my eyes to new possibilities. 110% want to book my next trip with topdeck again. Jess made such an amazing first impression :)Show detailed ratings
- EEmmaWritten on October 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentWhole experience was awesomeShow detailed ratings
- JJasminWritten on October 23, 20174.0 - GoodHad a great time on the Essential Europe trip, accommodations were good and all the experiences were great. My tour leader Jass was such a lovely person and made the trip amazing, wouldn't have been the same without her!Show detailed ratings
- TOThomasWritten on October 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy experience was the Essential Europe tour with Topdeck and I had a great time. My tour driver was Filipe Ferreira and my tour manager was Jacinthe Mercier-Paquin. The tour exceeded expectations and both Filipe and Jacinthe were awesomeShow detailed ratings
- ADAlexWritten on August 9, 20172.0 - Rather poorThe trip was not what I expected. A lot of delays on the bus and therefore lost a lot of time in the cities. The AC went out on the 1st day and we were stranded at a gas station for almost 5 hours. I wanted to experience different cuisine, but I ended up eating mostly gas station food. Our tour guide was WAYYYY too laid back and I felt like he wasn't proactive at all. I felt like I was chasing him down more than he was actually "helpful." I have read reviews before going on this trip and most of them say that the tour guide and driver really "make the trip." We had a great trip despite our tour guide because we had a stellar group of people. No drama whatsoever. The hotels on the first 5-6 days didn't have AC which was horrible for me since I can't sleep in a hot room. The hotels got slightly better as we went on, although the breakfasts got worse. The itinerary for this trip does not paint a realistic picture of what actually goes on. While I understand that some things can't be avoided, the loss of time in several cities due to traffic, AC being broke, and a tunnel being closed off, really put a damper on the trip. Our tour guide could have been A LOT more clear on meetup times and places. He said he would post them on the fb group, but there wasn't follow through on that the last 6 or 7 days. Because of this I was stressing out figuring out where to go. Not what I want on my vacation. He seemed like he didn't care. I spoke with numerous other people toward the end of the trip and they were just as dissatisfied as myself. There was a situation where a girl lost her passport and his response was something along the lines of "shit happens?" or something to that effect. It was only after her mother called the company and complained that he actually did anything to help (go to the embassy). It was also extremely clear that we didn't have a Top deck bus. We had some second hand crap bus with a top deck sticker on it. Only 2 tvs on the whole thing and the sound kept cutting in and out on my speaker in the back The bus toilet also broke down the last 3 days so we couldn't use it at all. That sucked for me because I drink a lot of water to stay healthy and I had to purposely go thirsty so that I wouldn't get stuck having to take a piss while on the bus. Our driver Piot (sp?) was fantastic though. And the picnic at the end was tasty. Although we were shuffled out of there quick to make room for the 70th other top deck tour apparently scheduled after us. I feel like I was done a huge disservice by the tour guide I was provided. Do with that info what you want, but when someones spends money with a company for a vacation, they want to feel they are in good hands. I didn't have that feeling.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley, Germany
- Day 4: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 5: Munich to Venice, Italy
- Day 6: Venice to Rome
- Day 7: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 8: Rome to Florence
- Day 9: Florence to Lucerne, Switzerland
- Day 10: Lucerne to Paris, France
- Day 11: Paris
- Day 12: Paris to London, England
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does this include accommodation?
Yes, this tour includes accommodation.
Can I start the tour in Paris? Would it be any cheaper if I did that?
Yes, you can join this tour in Paris. Unfortunately, it does not affect the tour price.
What is the age range of this tour?
This tour is operated by Topdeck and they operate tours for travellers between ages 18 to 39. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gregory6th September 2018
Essential Europe 2018 (Rhine Valley)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
See dates of tour versions available to you below.
- TuesdayApr 2, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to London10+ seats left$135USD $2,024Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to London10+ seats left$135USD $2,024Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayMay 14, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to London10+ seats left$144USD $2,155Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayMay 28, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to London10+ seats left$144USD $2,155Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to London10+ seats left$144USD $2,155Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to London10+ seats left$144USD $2,155Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 18, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to London10+ seats left$153USD $2,296Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 25, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to London10+ seats left$153USD $2,296Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJul 2, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to London10+ seats left$153USD $2,296Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJul 9, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$153USD $2,296Based on Twin-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands , Germany and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Essential Europe 2018 (Rhine Valley).
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Essential Europe 2018 (Rhine Valley), but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 262 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 669 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 431 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 488 km
- Paris (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,842 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 33 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Europe 2018 (Rhine Valley)