- Our saving
- US $ 2,159
- Explore the streets of Rhine Valley
- Sample brews in Munich
- See the beauty of the Alps
- Walk the winding canals of Venice
- Rather Poor
- AKAmyWritten on April 18, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
The full days - Rome and Paris particularly. Lucerne was also beautiful
- NNatalieWritten on October 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Top Deck was such an amazing experience. It was my first time in Europe and loved every second of it! Jacinthe our group leader was the greatest!! She was so fun and made everything seem so natural - love love loved it!
- KKekeWritten on October 25, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was my first overseas experience. The trip leader was so awesome and made all of us feel like family. I left the tour not only richer by knowing more places but richer by making connections with people around the world. I now have friends in Canada,... Read more
- LLauraWritten on October 25, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Absolutely the trip of a lifetime!! The essential europe tour has to be one of the best ways to take in the hotspots of europe and an appropriate duration as well which allows you to continue on exploring europe or return to the parts of the trip you loved... Read more
- JJessieWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
It was an amazing experience touring beautiful places. Our guide, Jacinthe, was extremely nice and bubbly, and was always keen to talk to the group. I thought that enhanced the Topdeck experience because it made the group feel like a family. The... Read more
- BBrittanyWritten on October 24, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I had such an amazing time! Jacinthe (jass) was very knowledgeable and very kind. She made everyone feel very welcome and comfortable. The European trip was just unbelievable so many amazing activities and it's so hard to put into words how much I loved it.... Read more
- EEmmaWritten on October 23, 20174.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Whole experience was awesome
- JJasminWritten on October 23, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Had a great time on the Essential Europe trip, accommodations were good and all the experiences were great. My tour leader Jass was such a lovely person and made the trip amazing, wouldn't have been the same without her!
- TOThomasWritten on October 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My experience was the Essential Europe tour with Topdeck and I had a great time. My tour driver was Filipe Ferreira and my tour manager was Jacinthe Mercier-Paquin. The tour exceeded expectations and both Filipe and Jacinthe were awesome
- ADAlexWritten on August 9, 20172.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
The trip was not what I expected. A lot of delays on the bus and therefore lost a lot of time in the cities. The AC went out on the 1st day and we were stranded at a gas station for almost 5 hours. I wanted to experience different cuisine, but I ended up... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Heidelberg, Germany
- Day 4: Heidelberg to Munich
- Day 5: Munich to Venice, Italy
- Day 6: Venice to Rome
- Day 7: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 8: Rome to Florence
- Day 9: Florence to Lucerne, Switzerland
- Day 10: Lucerne to Paris, France
- Day 11: Paris
- Day 12: Paris to London, England
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Does this include accommodation?
Yes, this tour includes accommodation.
Can I start the tour in Paris? Would it be any cheaper if I did that?
Yes, you can join this tour in Paris. Unfortunately, it does not affect the tour price.
What is the age range of this tour?
This tour is operated by Topdeck and they operate tours for travellers between ages 18 to 39. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- William14th November 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- TuesdayApr 2, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayApr 13, 2019to London10+ seats left$86USD $2,159Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayApr 30, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to London10+ seats left$86USD $2,159Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayMay 14, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to London10+ seats left$92USD $2,299Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayMay 28, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to London10+ seats left$92USD $2,299Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 4, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to London10+ seats left$92USD $2,299Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 11, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to London10+ seats left$92USD $2,299Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 18, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to London10+ seats left$98USD $2,449Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJun 25, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to London10+ seats left$98USD $2,449Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJul 2, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to London10+ seats left$98USD $2,449Based on Twin-Share
- TuesdayJul 9, 2019from London12 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to London10+ seats left$98USD $2,449Based on Twin-Share
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands , Germany and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Essential Europe.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 1 February 2019 the full payment of $2,159 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2159 for Essential Europe, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 262 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 669 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 431 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 488 km
- Paris (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,159 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 10,089 tours in Europe
- covered by 310 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 33 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Europe