Lands of Smiles Thailand & Vietnam in 16 Days - Bangkok / Chiang Mai / Hanoi / Halong Bay / Hoi An / Hue / Ho Chi Minh / Cai Be
- Tour Operator:
- Realistic Asia
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 1 to 95
- Operated in:
- English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Chiang Mai
- Halong Bay
- Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Mekong Delta
- Wander and explore the magnificent temples of Bangkok
- Enjoy the striking mountain landscapes of Chiang Mai
- Stay overnight on a cruise of the UNESCO Halong Bay
- Visit the famous floating market of the Mekong Delta
Ready-to-book adventures, personalized
Make your adventure more you
Enjoy a tour focused solely on your travel group
Access our Travel Experts’ insider knowledge
Travel within your own bubble
- Day 1: Welcome to Thailand - Bangkok Arrival
- Day 2: Bangkok - Grand Palace and Temples Tour (B)
- Day 3: Bangkok - Flight To Chiang Mai (B) - Flight Included
- Day 4: Chiang Mai Leisure (B) - With Optional Tour
- Day 5: Chiang Mai Leisure (B)
- Day 6: Chiang Mai - Flight To Hanoi (B)
- Day 7: Explore the Magnificent Halong Bay (B/L/D)
- Day 8: Halong Bay - Back To Tranquil Capital (B/L)
- Day 9: Hanoi - Flight To Hoi An (B) - Flight Included
- Day 10: Cherish Your Leisure Time In Ancient Town (B)
- Day 11: Travel From Hoi An To Hue (B)
- Day 12: Explore Vietnam's Most Picturesque Old Town Hue (B/L)
- Day 13: Travel From Graceful Hue To Ho Chi Minh (B) - Flight Included
- Day 14: Discover The Mighty Mekong River (B/L/D)
- Day 15: Experience The Cai Be Floating Market (B)
- Day 16: Time To Say Goodbye - Ho Chi Minh Departure (B)
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Realistic Asia
COMPANY OVERVIEW We are one of the leading tour operators in Vietnam and have been offering exceptional and memorable travel experiences in Southeast Asia since 2011. With our local knowledge, we are proud to provide an excellent service and a wide range of activities: from a one-day trip to long multi-country tours; and from a leisure beach break to trekking adventure in jungles. OUR STORY Our story started in 2011 as a small family business offering authentic trips around Vietnam. Our founder Hien Do has always had a passion for travel and a big love for her country, this inspired her to share the true beauty of Vietnam with others. Now Realistic Asia is a well-established tour operator arranging trips throughout South East Asia, including Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Thailand. But we still keep the spirit of a small family company treating our clients as our dearest friends. WHAT WE OFFER First-hand knowledge We are locals and know every corner of the destinations we offer. Our team personally checks all the accommodations you will stay in, all activities you will do, and all the places you will visit. We are continuously developing and looking for something new to offer, meeting the demand of any traveler. Our team is always ready to give comprehensive advice about trip planning to any part of Indochina. A passionate team Everyone in our company is a passionate traveler and loves what we are doing. You could expect creativity and deep destination knowledge in our tour itineraries. Our team will always be with you from your first request till the time you are back home from the trip. We also guarantee 24/7 support during your tour. High-Quality Service We are dedicated to offering the highest quality of service possible. We carefully select and regularly check all the accommodations, transport, and activities we offer. We have built a strong partnership with our suppliers to give you the best quality and price. Our experienced and regularly trained guides will take the best care of you. Personal Touch We operate on the customer-centric core and pay attention to the details. We are always available for you and dedicated to creating a perfect holiday. We carefully listen to and follow any special request from our travelers. Any trip from our catalog could be customized to meet your needs. Feel free to discuss with us your dream vacation, and we will make it.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Eileen M· January 23rd, 2023We worked with Tho who was frequently in touch to make sure our hotels and scheduled activities were enjoying. She was really great. All of the scheduled activities were great, and everything we expected. Our only criticism was that we only had one... Show moreRealistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Eileen, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in Vietnam. Thank you for your opinion about Mekong Delta trip, we passed it to the product team. Thanks for your kind words about Tho, she... Show moreTrip date: January 2023
- HLHarvey· December 4th, 2022Visiting the Mekong delta is a waste of my time and money. Drove 2.5 hours from Ho Chih Minh to Cai Be (town in Mekong delta) to see a dump. Not impressive at all. The Mekong River is murky and so so dirty. I would NOT consider a tourist place... Show moreRealistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Harvey, We are very sorry that you didn't enjoy the Mekong Delta tour and hope that it didn't spoil your entire trip. Mekong Delta is an important part of Vietnam and a nice place to see the local farming lifestyle. The color of the river can be... Show moreTrip date: November 2022
- RPRobert· November 18th, 2022Well planned, organized and executed. This tour uncovered many of the hidden natural wonders of these two countries. The transportation and lodgings were wonderful and while a few of the guides could have had a slightly better grasp of the history of... Show moreRealistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Robert, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re over the moon to hear that you’re happy about your holiday! Your feedback is highly appreciated, as it enables us to further develop our services and organize memorable... Show moreTrip date: October 2022
- Noah· October 30th, 2022It was an amazing tour, we enjoyed every day of it. Visiting elephants, cruising in Halong Bay, and palaces in Bangkok and Hue - all of this I will remember. I couldn't imagine how rich history these countries have, and we learned many new things during... Show moreRealistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Noah, Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to know that you have enjoyed your trip to Thailand and Vietnam and that everything went smoothly. It was a big pleasure for us to organize your holiday. Thank you again for... Show moreTrip date: September 2022
- Allison· February 17th, 2020We couldn't have asked for a better arrangement. Good accommodation, tour guide and transport. Thank you.Realistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Allison Cordell, We are pleased to know that you had a good time with our arrangement. We hope for more chances to bring you a great trip. Best regards, Realistic Asia team.Trip date: January 2020
- Anamaria· February 14th, 2020My family have been abroad for the first time. It seemed quite new with us but we were kept in touch 24/7 for support. I'd love the way you took care your clients. Thank youRealistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Anamaria Pharr, It’s glad to hear that you are satisfied with our service. We hope for more chances to accompany you. Best regards, Realistic Asia team.Trip date: December 2019
- Alton· February 14th, 2020This tour was interesting from start to finish.We had received a clear and detailed itinerary in advance. All activities were so fresh and fir explorers.Realistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Alton Raymond, Thanks for your time to drop us such favorable review. We would love to bring you high quality services. See you soon. Best regards, Realistic Asia team.Trip date: January 2019
- Alton· February 14th, 2020Our guides were excellent. They were knowledgable and helpful.Realistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Alton Pipkin, Thanks for your nice words. We can choose good tour guides partially thanks to reviews from travelers. Hope to be your companion in further trips. Best regards, Realistic Asia team.Trip date: January 2019
- Alexandra· February 12th, 2020Transport was mainly sharing and the distance was considerable to travel but the bus was so convenient. Liked it. The hotel staff pleased us. Love their care and advice for nearby locations.Realistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Alexandra Deville, We are pleased to know that you had a good time with our arrangement. We hope for more chances to bring you a great trip. Best regards, Realistic Asia team.Trip date: January 2020
- Alton· February 11th, 2020It’s the first time I have been in Vietnam and Thailand. A local agent was one of my best decision ever. Realistic Asia knows all things in their countries. A great arrangement.Realistic Asia commented on this reviewDear Alton Damico, We are pleased to know that you had a good time with our arrangement. We hope for more chances to bring you a great trip. Best regards, Realistic Asia team.Trip date: January 2020
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -50%Saturday1 Apr, 2023Sunday16 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Sunday2 Apr, 2023Monday17 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Monday3 Apr, 2023Tuesday18 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Get Instant ConfirmationTuesday4 Apr, 2023Wednesday19 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday5 Apr, 2023Thursday20 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Get Instant ConfirmationThursday6 Apr, 2023Friday21 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Get Instant ConfirmationFriday7 Apr, 2023Saturday22 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday8 Apr, 2023Sunday23 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Get Instant ConfirmationSunday9 Apr, 2023Monday24 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
- -50%Get Instant ConfirmationMonday10 Apr, 2023Tuesday25 Apr, 2023English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, RussianMultiple Room Types$3,854$1,927
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F, G. As a traveller from England you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F. As a traveller from Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F, G.
- Type AThailand and Vietnam
- Type BThailand and Vietnam
- Type CThailand and Vietnam
- Type EThailand and Vietnam
- Type FThailand and Vietnam
- Type GVietnam
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Thailand and Vietnam. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Thailand and Vietnam. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Thailand and Vietnam. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Thailand and Vietnam. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Thailand and Vietnam. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand and Vietnam. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Thailand and Vietnam. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Rabies - Recommended for Vietnam. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 28th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 28th, 2023, a minimum payment of $99 is required to confirm your booking with Realistic Asia. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Realistic Asia will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Realistic Asia" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Realistic Asia. Please familiarise yourself with the Realistic Asia payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Asia
- Vietnam Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Asia from Bangkok
- Asia In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 16 days Asia
- From Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh City
- Operators in Asia
- Lands of Smiles Thailand & Vietnam in 16 Days - Bangkok / Chiang Mai / Hanoi / Halong Bay / Hoi An / Hue / Ho Chi Minh / Cai Be Tours in Vietnam
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Vietnam Tours
- Asia Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Family Tours
- Private Tours
- Group Tours
- Partially Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Thailand tours
- Vietnam tours