Best of Romania and the Danube Delta
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
- Day 1 Join trip in Bucharest
- Day 2 Visit to famous Bran Castle before arriving in Moieciu
- Day 3 Explore Brasov and the colourful town of Sighisoara
- Day 4 See Sapanta and the UNESCO-listed Merry Cemetery en route to Borsa
- Day 5 Train through the Vasar Valley and scenic alpine hike to Moisei
- Day 6 Hike in the Rodna Mountains; drive to Sucevita via Moldovita Monastery
- Day 7 Visit to Sucevita and Putna monasteries before driving to Bacau
- Day 8 Drive to and cruise in the Danube Delta on a pontoon boat
- Day 9 Exploring and bird watching on our cruise in the Danube Delta
- Day 10 Our cruise ends and we drive back to Bucharest
- Day 11 City tour of Bucharest; free afternoon
- Day 12 Trip ends in Bucharest
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for almost 40 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 12; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- MMervynJones· September 16th, 2022We have taken this tour twice, beacuse there is somuch to see and experienceExplore! commented on this reviewGlad you had a nice trip. Thanks for your feedback. The Explore TeamTrip date: September 2022
- AKaren· December 23rd, 2019We had a lovely time. There was a lot of travelling and early starts. This needs emphasising in the trip notes. Some trips have free days, This had none. It was initially tiring after travelling from the UK on a very early flight.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you had a lovely time on this trip. We'll pass your comments about the early start and travelling to the product manager to review. Although there are no free days, the time spent on the pontoon in the... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AMiriam· December 23rd, 2019I loved the trip and all the people on it. I appreciated the professionalism of Horea and our driver. I booked late as Ive always wanted to go to the Danube delta and saw that the trip included this whilst looking for one in Albania and I wasnt... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks so much for your review. It can be nerve wracking to travel on your own, but I am so pleased that everyone got on well. Group travel is a great way of meeting other people with similar interests whilst having the support of a tour leader. We... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAngela· December 23rd, 2019I would like to see a similar trip spread over more days. We passed several things, including fortified churches, that we would like to have seen. The outdoor museum at Bucharest deserves more than 1 hour! If we had been offered the chance of a later... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your comments. We will pass your comments to the product manager to review the duration of the trip or possibly developing a more in depth trip to Romania, We look forward to welcoming you back on another trip with us soon.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AGordon· December 23rd, 2019Trip Notes wrong re day 2: 'explore Moieciu at own pace' is not an available alternative to walk in Bucegi hills, as this walk happens long before getting to Moieciu.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AChris· December 23rd, 2019It was classified as moderate pace which was maybe not accurate. Mostly it was very pacey except on the delta. The steam train and walks were especially delightful and being in Barsana on a Sunday was very special. Horea was a very knowledgeable guide... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedbackTrip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- APenelope· December 23rd, 2019I enjoyed the holiday but did not find it as restful as I'd hoped. The pace was rather hectic at times and I felt the balance of time was too heavily weighted towards the middle. I would have liked more time in the Village Museum and in TransylvaniaExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback. Glad you enjoyed your trip!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AIvan· December 23rd, 2019I would have liked more time exploring the local villages and people. I found that there seemed to be a lot of wild countryside that we didn't explore as we were travelling too much on quite main roads in a rush to get to our next destination. Also the... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AGeorgina· December 23rd, 2019Although reasonably fit, I did feel that the rating of the walks as "Easy" was not really correct. The steepness of the gradients was quite telling (along with the speed expected) and I do feel that the lengthy forested walks should be listed as... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review and feedback.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AChristopher· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- -5%Wednesday17 May, 2023Sunday28 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,480$2,350
- Wednesday31 May, 2023Sunday11 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,480
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday26 Jul, 2023Sunday6 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,4800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday16 Aug, 2023Sunday27 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,4800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday30 Aug, 2023Sunday10 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,4800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday13 Sep, 2023Sunday24 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,4800% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday15 May, 2024Sunday26 May, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,5200% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday29 May, 2024Sunday9 Jun, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,5200% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday24 Jul, 2024Sunday4 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,5200% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday14 Aug, 2024Sunday25 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$2,5200% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CRomania
- Type ERomania
- Type FRomania
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before June 14th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after June 14th, 2023, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Romania
- 10 Best Backpacking Tours Europe 2023/2024
- Best 4 week Europe Itineraries [Train, Cruises & More]
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Romania from Bucharest
- Romania In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 12 days Romania
- Operators in Europe
- Best of Romania and the Danube Delta Tours in Romania
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Carpathian Mountains Tours
- Romania Tours
- Europe Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Carpathian Mountains
- Romania tours