Walks and Wine Tasting in Spain and Portugal
- Our saving
- US $ 2,019
- Embark on easy walks in Guadarrama National Park
- Sip wine in a picturesque medieval hilltop town
- Admire the wine and roman architecture of Zamora
- Indulge in the infamous traditional wine of Port
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Boat
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- Walking Tour, Adventure, In-depth Cultural
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join tour in Madrid
Start point Hotel Dos Castillas, Hotel reception, Calle de la Abada, 7, 28013 Madrid, Spain 19:00
- Day 2: Walking tour of Madrid
- Day 3: Walk in Guadarrama National Park; explore Segovia
- Day 4: Walk through canyon lands of Duraton River valley; drive to Penafiel
- Day 5: Free morning in Penafiel; wine tasting in afternoon
- Day 6: Wine tasting in El Toro; visit the city of Zamora
- Day 7: Walk in Arribes del Duero Natural Park; wine tasting in Fermoselle
- Day 8: Walk to Fornillos; visit Miranda do Douro
- Day 9: Local train along Duero Valley; walk in Lamego village surrounds
- Day 10: Visit Vila Real; walking tour and wine tasting in Porto
- Day 11: Free day in Porto
Day 12: Tour ends Porto
End point Moov Hotel Porto Centro, Hotel reception, Praça da Batalha 32, 4000-101 Porto, Portugal 09:00
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- MariaLPaganWritten on September 14, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
A good combination of an active (but not too physically taxing) vacation with plenty of chances to enjoy the wonderful food and wines of Spain and Portugal. Also a good combination of big city life (Madrid is a splendid, vibrant city, with something for... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- NNevilleWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
All in all a very enjoyable trip. Our group of 16 (Australian, American, Canadian, English and Scottish) all got along well and we were lucky to have Danny as our tour leader. No early starts, the walking component was as described (fairly easy), the winery... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- CChristopherWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The restaurants that the Leader arranged for group use in Madrid and in Segovia were both very disapppointing to - most espcecially the one in Segovia - which is perhaps trading on past glories but is now frankly incompetent. Elsewhere, we generally ate... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- SSusanWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
It was a very good holiday and lived up to expectations well.Review collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Explore Walking Video
- Explore! Spain and Portugal
- Explore Spain & Portugal
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- David28th August 2019
Walks and Wine Tasting in Spain and Portugal
- Upcoming departures
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SaturdayMay 9, 2020from Madrid12 DaysWednesdayMay 20, 2020to Porto10+ seats left$173$2,210-8%USD $2,037
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Madrid12 DaysWednesdayJun 17, 2020to Porto10+ seats left$172$2,190-8%USD $2,019
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020from Madrid12 DaysWednesdayJul 1, 2020to Porto10+ seats left$173$2,210-8%USD $2,037
- SaturdayJul 11, 2020from Madrid12 DaysWednesdayJul 22, 2020to Porto10+ seats left$173$2,210-8%USD $2,037
- SaturdaySep 5, 2020from Madrid12 DaysWednesdaySep 16, 2020to Porto10+ seats left$173$2,210-8%USD $2,037
- SaturdaySep 26, 2020from Madrid12 DaysWednesdayOct 7, 2020to Porto10+ seats left$173$2,210-8%USD $2,037
- SaturdayOct 10, 2020from Madrid12 DaysWednesdayOct 21, 2020to Porto10+ seats left$173$2,210-8%USD $2,037
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- EuroSpain and Portugal
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain and Portugal. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Madrid is the starting point and Porto is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 14 December 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 14 December 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Madrid (Spain)
- 37 km
- Manzanares el Real (Spain)
- 20 km
- Guadarrama (Spain)
- 31 km
- Segovia (Spain)
- 72 km
- Penafiel (Spain)
- 135 km
- Zamora (Spain)
- 76 km
- Parque Natural de Arribes del Duero (Spain)
- 41 km
- Miranda do Douro (Portugal)
- 82 km
- Pocinho (Portugal)
- 58 km
- Lamego (Portugal)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,019 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,188 tours in Europe
- covered by 523 different operators in Europe
- Use Discounts and Credits*
- Past passenger discounts or credits, early-bird savings, child discounts, and multi-person discounts offered by the tour operator may be applicable when you book with TourRadar. *Discounts and credits are subject to the tour operator terms and conditions.
- 31,062 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours