- Our saving
- US $ 4,988
- JUST PAY $99 TODAY
- Explore the lively neon-lit streets of Tokyo
- Bask in the cherry blossom views of Mount Fuji
- Experience the thrill of riding on the infamous Bullet Train
- See stunning temples and perfect Zen gardens at Kyoto
- Enjoy Japanese tea with a geisha and learn about her art
- Reflect at the sites of the world's first atomic bomb attacks
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Join tour in Tokyo
- Day 2: Walking tour through Tokyo's shrines and gardens
- Day 3: Boat ride on Lake Ashi; transfer to Hakone
- Day 4: Bullet train to Kyoto; explore the Geisha district
- Day 5: Explore Kyoto's temples and zen gardens
- Day 6: Continue to explore traditional Kyoto
- Day 7: Reflect at Hiroshima Peace Park; train to Nagasaki
- Day 8: Take a walk though Dejima, Nagasaki's Dutch quarter
- Day 9: Drive through scenic tea plantations and ferry ride to Hirado Island
- Day 10: Full day to explore Hirado and Ikitsuki Islands
- Day 11: Sail among the '99 Islands' then travel to Fukuoka
- Day 12: Tour ends in Fukuoka
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
- CChristineWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
I think it was a very good trip but too many times when our luggage was sent on and we were left juggling with a rucksack for two nights and three days.Review collected by Explore!
- MMargaretWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I highly recommend this trip. Japan & it’s people are wonderful. So courteous & welcoming. Bowing is so gracious compared to shaking hands ...Review collected by Explore!
- TTraceyWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This was a well organised tour giving a good introduction to Japan. Our guide was excellent. I appreciated the stay in Hirado which is ‘a bit off the beaten track’. The highlight though is the country itself, the people and the culture.Review collected by Explore!
- MMaryWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was relatively expensive for an Explore tour however I think that probably reflects the generally higher standard of living in Japan with the associated high cost of things like accommodation and public transport.Review collected by Explore!
- AAndrewWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
the trip could have been a bit longer i had three extra days i added on which I'm glad i did others seemed to be a bit rushed from the times they arrived. i know the weather didn't helpReview collected by Explore!
- IIanWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Thoroughly enjoyed the range of information and visits offered. To visit the Maiko was very interesting. Tea plantation was very different to those seen in Sri Lanka and India.Review collected by Explore!
- MMarieWritten on May 17, 20194.3 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Maybe a longer trip over 14 days with more time in Tokyo.I know this would be more expensive but it's a long way to go and for some people it will be their only opportunity.Review collected by Explore!
- FFrancesWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Well organised tour and our leader's interest and passion for Japan and It's culture added to the tour.Review collected by Explore!
- SSaraWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The trip was well planned and very enjoyable. We had great weather and the cherry blossom was perfect.Review collected by Explore!
- SSaraWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Very special trip perfectly timed for the cherry blossom and we had good weather!Review collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Nearly 50% of our customers travel solo
- Welcome to Explore
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Thomas4th July 2019
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- October 2019
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- SundaySep 15, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdaySep 26, 2019to FukuokaOnly 1 seat left$102USD $4,988
- SundayOct 6, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayOct 17, 2019to Fukuoka0 seats left$102USD $4,988Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayOct 20, 2019from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayOct 31, 2019to Fukuoka10+ seats left$102USD $4,988
- SundayMar 15, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayMar 26, 2020to Fukuoka10+ seats left$105USD $5,165
- SundayMar 22, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayApr 2, 2020to Fukuoka10+ seats left$105USD $5,165
- SundayMar 29, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayApr 9, 2020to Fukuoka10+ seats left$105USD $5,165
- SundayApr 5, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayApr 16, 2020to Fukuoka10+ seats left$105USD $5,165
- SundayApr 12, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayApr 23, 2020to Fukuoka10+ seats left$105USD $5,165
- SundayApr 19, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayApr 30, 2020to Fukuoka10+ seats left$105USD $5,165
- SundayApr 26, 2020from Tokyo12 DaysThursdayMay 7, 2020to Fukuoka10+ seats left$105USD $5,165
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Fukuoka is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 19 September 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 19 September 2019, a minimum payment of $99 is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 88 km
- Ashi Lake (Japan)
- 3 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 300 km
- Nagasaki (Japan)
- 54 km
- Sasebo (Japan)
- 22 km
- Hirado (Japan)
- 82 km
- Fukuoka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,988 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,598 tours in Asia
- covered by 825 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Shogun Trail via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 44,805 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Asia tours