Camino de Santiago (from Madrid to Santiago de Compostela)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,715
- Bask in the magnificence of Bishop's Palace
- Wander through charming mountain villages
- Visit the holy shrine of Santiago De Compostela
- Walk the beautiful Camino de Santiago route
- Grab a pilgrim certificate to celebrate your achievement
- Age range
- 14 to 85 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Walking Tour, Adventure, Attraction-Based Hikes, Spiritual Walks, In-depth Cultural
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Tour starts at Madrid airport. Walking tour of Leon
Start point Madrid Airport, Arrivals Terminal 1, Av de la Hispanidad, s/n, 28042 Madrid, Spain 11:00
- Day 2: Walk from Hospital de Orbigo to Astorga
- Day 3: Ascend to the Iron Cross (1,482 m); descend to Molinaseca
- Day 4: Walk to the pretty mountain village of O Cebreiro
- Day 5: Pass the famous 100 km landmark
- Day 6: Descend to Palas de Rei
- Day 7: Hike through rural Galicia; cross the medieval bridge near Melide
- Day 8: Walk through local villages en route to El Amenal
- Day 9: Arrive in Santiago de Compostela
- Day 10: Morning guided walking tour of Santiago; free afternoon
Day 11: Tour ends Santiago
End point Rosa Rosae, Hotel reception, Via Molino, 1, 31030 S. Bartolomeo, Breda di Piave TV, Italy 09:00
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- MMarkMcManusWritten on May 17, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The tour was terrific. It was very taxing, but extremely satisfying. Mateusz was amazing - so thoughtful and considerate of all the peregrinos in our group. He made a special effort to consider everyone’s level and addressed each of us appropriately. He is... Read more
- MMaryWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
First Explore holiday . Would certainly consider booking another holiday with Explore.Review collected by Explore!
- PPatriciaWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Thank you for offering this tour as it made it possible for me to go on this walking holiday. I found one of the days in particular quite long and exhausting but am so pleased to have achieved the distance without mishap and think it was a wise decision to... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- NNevilleWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
An excellent trip. Excellent guide. Superb food and convivialities. Scenery marvellous. Pilgrimage positive, a good mix of historical and contemporary stories of the Camino.Review collected by Explore!
- JMJulieWritten on May 15, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Had a great time met some lovely people. Our guide was fantastic, very supportive and helpful.
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
- Explore Walking Video
- Explore! Spain and Portugal
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Stephen24th June 2019
Camino de Santiago (from Madrid to Santiago de Compostela)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2019
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- August 2020
- SaturdaySep 7, 2019from Madrid11 DaysTuesdaySep 17, 2019to Santiago de Compostela0 seats left$36USD $1,774Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdaySep 21, 2019from Madrid11 DaysTuesdayOct 1, 2019to Santiago de Compostela4 seats left$36USD $1,774
- SundayApr 26, 2020from Madrid11 DaysWednesdayMay 6, 2020to Santiago de Compostela10+ seats left$35USD $1,715
- SaturdayMay 16, 2020from Madrid11 DaysTuesdayMay 26, 2020to Santiago de Compostela10+ seats left$35USD $1,715
- SaturdayJun 13, 2020from Madrid11 DaysTuesdayJun 23, 2020to Santiago de Compostela10+ seats left$35USD $1,715
- SaturdayAug 22, 2020from Madrid11 DaysTuesdaySep 1, 2020to Santiago de Compostela10+ seats left$35USD $1,715
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Spain. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Madrid is the starting point and Santiago de Compostela is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- For any tour departing before 22 October 2019 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after 22 October 2019, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Cancellation policy
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Payment methods
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Madrid (Spain)
- 289 km
- Leon (Spain)
- 30 km
- Hospital de Orbigo (Spain)
- 15 km
- Astorga (Spain)
- 38 km
- Molinaseca (Spain)
- 47 km
- O Cebreiro (Spain)
- 70 km
- Palas de Rei (Spain)
- 13 km
- Melide (Spain)
- 12 km
- Arzua (Spain)
- 32 km
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,715 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,043 tours in Europe
- covered by 571 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Camino de Santiago (from Madrid to Santiago de Compostela) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Camino de Santiago (from Madrid to Santiago de Compostela)