Canal du Midi
- Our saving
- US $ 1,147
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Cycle alongside the great Canal du Midi
- Explore fascinating medieval cities and their local markets
- Ride through the picturesque landscapes of Languedoc
- Discover the fascinating fortress of Carcassone
- Indulge in traditional regional delicacies and fine wine
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Join trip Carcassonne Airport
Start point Carcasonne Airport, Exit to Arrivals 2, Route de Montréal, 11000 Carcassonne, France 17:45
- Day 2: Optional ride to Valras Plage, circular route back to Beziers
- Day 3: Cycle south along waterways and country lanes; ride to Narbonne
- Day 4: Free day or optional circular cycle route via Gruissan back to Narbonne
- Day 5: Visit Narbonne or optional circular cycle route Vines & Olives
- Day 6: Cycle the vineyards, farms and towpaths; ride to Carcassonne
- Day 7: View the walled fortress of Carcassonne; cycle locally
Day 8: Trip ends Carcassonne
End point Carcasonne Airport, Departures Hall, Route de Montréal, 11000 Carcassonne, France 08:00
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
- Rather Poor
- AAnneWritten on May 17, 20194.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Our bikes were well maintained and in good condition. For this day and age they were rather heavy. Perfectly alright for the canal towpath but an unnecessary slog up hills and the bikes lacked a decent range of lower gears. However, a great holiday overall.Review collected by Explore!
- EElizabethWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I made the mistake of booking an ebike for this trip - entirely my own responsibility, I did not do the research properly. The heavy bike was great on roads and on the smoother canal paths, but totally unsuitable for rutted muddy paths and for bumping over... Read moreReview collected by Explore!
- DDavidWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Andrew was very aware of all members of the trip, always cheerful and encouraging and had a wealth of local knowledge. Andrew kept us well briefed each day and cared that we had a good experience.Review collected by Explore!
- PPaulWritten on May 17, 20194.7 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
The company is lucky to have such a good guide in France; I would feel very comfortable to go anywhere with him and would trust his word.Review collected by Explore!
- SSusanWritten on May 17, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
My first Explore trip and it exceeded my expectations in every way.Review collected by Explore!
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lillian16th January 2019
Canal du Midi
- Upcoming departures
- July 2019
- September 2019
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- SaturdayJul 20, 2019from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdayJul 27, 2019to Carcassonne10+ seats left$230$1,376-17%USD $1,147
- SaturdaySep 14, 2019from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdaySep 21, 2019to CarcassonneOnly 2 seats left$230$1,376-17%USD $1,147
- SaturdayJun 6, 2020from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdayJun 13, 2020to Carcassonne10+ seats left$236$1,412-17%USD $1,176
- SaturdayJun 20, 2020from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdayJun 27, 2020to Carcassonne10+ seats left$236$1,412-17%USD $1,176
- SaturdayJul 25, 2020from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdayAug 1, 2020to Carcassonne10+ seats left$236$1,412-17%USD $1,176
- SaturdayAug 8, 2020from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdayAug 15, 2020to Carcassonne10+ seats left$236$1,412-17%USD $1,176
- SaturdaySep 5, 2020from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdaySep 12, 2020to Carcassonne10+ seats left$236$1,412-17%USD $1,176
- SaturdaySep 26, 2020from Carcassonne8 DaysSaturdayOct 3, 2020to Carcassonne10+ seats left$236$1,412-17%USD $1,176
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Carcassonne.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Explore! booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 August 2019 the full payment of $1,147 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1147 for Canal du Midi, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Explore! tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Carcassonne (France)
- 71 km
- Beziers (France)
- 25 km
- Narbonne (France)
- 53 km
- Carcassonne (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,147 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 12,604 tours in Europe
- covered by 553 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Canal du Midi via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28,015 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours