Start planning your tour
- Learn about Bulgaria's famed rose production
- See the colourful mansion houses in the old town
- Relax on the coast of the Black Sea in Varna|
- Gaze at the coloured frescoes of Rila Monastery
- Discover the ancient murals in the Thracian Tomb
Start and end in Sofia! With the discovery tour Best of Bulgaria, you have a 9 day tour package taking you through Sofia, Bulgaria and 13 other destinations in Bulgaria. Best of Bulgaria includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in Sofia
Start point Hotel Budapest, Hotel Reception, Budapeshta Street 92А, 1202 Orlandovtsi, Sofia, Bulgaria 18:00
- Day 2: Explore Sofia on foot; visit the Rila Monastery and Museum
- Day 3: Discover Dobarsko mountain village and take a train journey in the mountains
- Day 4: Plovdiv walking tour; free afternoon in the city
- Day 5: Visit a rose oil distillery and the Thracian Tomb of Kazanluk
- Day 6: Free time in UNESCO-Listed Nessebar; arrive in Varna
- Day 7: See Brutalist architecture in Shumen and ornate church frescoes in Arbanasi
- Day 8: Discover medieval Veliko Tarnovo; arrive back in Sofia
Day 9: Trip ends in Sofia
End point Hotel Budapest, Hotel reception, Budapeshta Street 92А, 1202 Orlandovtsi, Sofia, Bulgaria 09:00
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AMartin· December 23, 2019I used assistance on flights which Explore arranged..this worked perfectlyExplore! commented on this reviewGreat, thanks for the kind feedbackTrip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AGeoffrey· December 23, 2019Should warn people that they need to pas the hat round for the driver as well as the guide. Lunches far less expensive than indicated in budgeting.Explore! commented on this reviewthanks for the feedbackTrip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AMonika· December 23, 2019The itinerary needs tweaking: too much time spend in places where there is little to see; not enough in others where one would need more timeExplore! commented on this reviewthanks for your feedback, we'll pass your comments to our product teamTrip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAnne· December 23, 2019-Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- Geoff· September 23, 2019Pleasant cultural tour, but you need to be into churches and museums to really enjoy it. Itinerary needs a bit of re-work as there was not enought time for some of the places visited particularly on the final 2 days. Recommend extend in Sophia... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewthanks for your feedback, we'll pass it to our product team to reviewTrip date: September 2019
- NCNickolas· June 25, 2019This tour covered many of the historical, cultural and geographical aspects of Bulgaria very well. The pace of the tour was well balanced until the last two days. Unfortunately we found the last two days were very rushed, having to cover almost 500km... Show moreTrip date: June 2019
- JJames· June 08, 2019Great overall view of a country not many know much about. This country was conquered by the Thracians, Greeks, Romans, Slavs, and Ottomans and their presence remains. The places we visited were amazing. The tour should have been a few days longer as it... Show moreTrip date: May 2019
- AMichelle· May 17, 2019enjoyed Bulgaria would have liked more time on the last day and suggest trying to regig the itinerary to reduce one of the two night stops to a one night stop, leaving more time at the endTrip date: May 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ANigel· May 17, 2019Bulgaria was a great country to visit and this was a very enjoyable and interesting tour with a fabulous guide. I particularly enjoyed the tour of Plovdiv, the cultural experience with the grannies, the Neolithic houses in Stara Zagora, the rose... Show moreTrip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AAndrew· May 17, 2019Drop Kleptuza lake - maybe extra hour on train instead. Drop rose oil distillery, allow time for climbing Shipka Pass monument. Need more time in Varna and Veliko Tarnovo (poss overnight here, and one less night in Kazanlak?)Trip date: September 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Best of Bulgaria
From Sofia to Sofia
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdaySep 12, 2020SundaySep 20, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,450Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdaySep 26, 2020SundayOct 4, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,450Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMay 8, 2021SundayMay 16, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,510
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMay 29, 2021SundayJun 6, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,510
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJun 12, 2021SundayJun 20, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,510
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJul 31, 2021SundayAug 8, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,510
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdaySep 11, 2021SundaySep 19, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$1,510
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar