Costa Rica & Panama Discovery
- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Day 1: San Jose
- Day 2: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Day 3: Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Day 4: Bocas del Toro / Isla Colon
- Day 5: Bocas del Toro / Isla Colon
- Day 6: Bocas del Toro / Isla Colon
- Day 7: Boquete
- Day 8: Boquete
- Day 9: Santa Catalina
- Day 10: Santa Catalina
- Day 11: Panama City
- Day 12: Panama City
- Day 13: Panama City
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Intrepid Travel
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They travelled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles including basix, original and comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveller no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown but their mission remains the same: to change the way people see the world through sustainable, experience-rich travelRead more
- Overall RatingGood
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- KCKerry-Ann· July 16th, 2022I had made several inquiries regarding a single room and the location of the hotel that I should go on my day of arrival. I received this information two days prior to departure after not only calling , but sending emails. I ended up paying more for... Show moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Kerry-Ann - Thank you for taking the time to share your booking experience. In regards to your starting point hotel information, we try to be transparent in our Trip Notes of the starting and ending point hotel information to make it easy for our... Show moreTrip date: June 2022
- EKemmett· February 2nd, 2022my tour guide marvin Arya was exemplar in his handling of all vital issues of our group. however I will let you know about this. because it was not right and I really can not blame the tour director. however we had 2 men in our group that became ill... Show moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHello Tim, thank you for your review! We're glad to see you enjoyed your time with your amazing leader, Marvin. However, we are disappointed to hear about your experiences with others on your trip testing positive for Covid-19. We are looking into this... Show moreTrip date: January 2022
- LBLucy· February 10th, 2020Great Tour x Great Tour Guide x Thankyou I had lots of fun xxIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewThank you Lucy!Trip date: January 2020
- AAngela J· September 18th, 2019As it was a basix trip, I was able to do the activities that I wanted to doTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AClive T· September 18th, 2019Great value for money Great itineraryTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- ALaura N· September 18th, 2019I have always had a great experience with groups, the tour leaders, and the overall adventure. It was a wonderful trip.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AJudi K· September 18th, 2019Very professional and good itinerary.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AGerald R· September 18th, 2019I think Intrepid is great for me but other friends might require better hotels.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AKayleigh J· September 18th, 2019I have already recommended the trip to my friends.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
- AHenrik S· September 18th, 2019Good experience, good guide, value for moneyTrip date: December 2018Review collected by Intrepid Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Wednesday29 Mar, 2023Monday10 Apr, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,600
- On RequestWednesday5 Apr, 2023Monday17 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,585
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday12 Apr, 2023Monday24 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,540$1,309
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday19 Apr, 2023Monday1 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,540$1,309
- -15%Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday10 May, 2023Monday22 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,485$1,262
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday24 May, 2023Monday5 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,485Only Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday7 Jun, 2023Monday19 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,555Only Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday28 Jun, 2023Monday10 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,5400% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday8 Jul, 2023Thursday20 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,4850% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationWednesday19 Jul, 2023Monday31 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,5550% Interest InstalmentsOnly Pay $99 Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm a solo traveller, what do I need to know about the accommodation of this tour?
If you are travelling solo you will be automatically paired with another same sex, solo traveller. Accommodation is included every night of the tour in twin share rooms.
If this does not sound suitable for you, you do have the option to upgrade to a private room for an extra cost. Please contact us to arrange this.
- Is the single supplement mandatory?
The single supplement is completely optional. You are not required to pay a single supplement to join the tour. The tour price advertised is based on a twin share basis, if you are a single traveller you will be roomed with a passenger of the same gender. The single supplement optional cost is if you would like your own room on the tour.
- Do I need to have travel insurance to do this tour with Intrepid?
Travel insurance is mandatory for all Intrepid Travel tours, and a policy will cover you for emergency trip cancellation, interruption and delay.
Good to Know
- Costa Rican ColonCosta Rica
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B.
- Type ACosta Rica and Panama
- Type BCosta Rica and Panama
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Costa Rica. Yellow fever - Recommended for Panama. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Panama. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 21st, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 21st, 2023, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intrepid Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Intrepid Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Latin America
- 10 Best Solo Adventure Holidays 2023/2024
- Best 10 Panama Vacation Deals 2023/2024
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Latin America from San Jose
- Latin america In-depth Cultural
- 13 days Latin america
- Operators in Latin America
- Costa Rica & Panama Discovery Tours in Panama
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Panama Tours
- Latin America Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Costa Rica tours
- Panama tours