Highlights of Jordan
- Our saving
- US $ 767
- Enjoy traditional Bedouin cuisine
- Explore the resort city of Aqaba
- Behold the dramatic facade of Petra
- Ride 4x4 through Jordan's deserts
- Age range
- 12 to 70 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Jeep & 4WD, Overland Truck, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- SBSaharWritten on August 20, 20183.5 - GoodUnfortunately, the key disappointment for the group was the quality of guide. His English was difficult to follow and he lacked enthusiasm. We also lacked historical context and cultural anecdotes throughout.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review. We will pass these comments on and use this as a teachable moment for him.
- EEddieStokesWritten on August 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentHighlights of Jordan – August 2018 The adventure was everything my wife & I had expected, I am fairly well travelled my wife is not and wanted to experience life on the wild side and not a sun lounger, both of us were well served by G Adventures and has left us desperate to go elsewhere on other G Adventure experiences. On a practical note, the other reviews on line accurately represent the trip as a whole and initially sold the idea to us, there were some as has to be expected minor itinerary hic ups during the trip however they were all surmountable and well managed by the trip CEO who incidentally was extremely professional throughout and an experienced tour guide. I would recommend though that the extra time of the extended 4x4 trip in the Wadi Rum desert although fun is in fact actually well covered in regard to ground covered within the normal excursion time and anyone who has spent any time in the desert whether middle east or own back yard of Arizona or such like won’t get a lot from the extended tour, there were also a few structural safety and maintenance concerns about the vehicles being used. The night out in a Bedouin camp was a super location but a bit manufactured and only really a night out under the stars and a bussed in buffet meal not a genuine Bedouin camp and inhabitant experience but waking up to a wilderness desert sunrise was something special and a view to remember. The snorkelling excursion in Aqaba was fine for someone with past snorkelling experience but the undersea rip currents a little strong for my wife with no experience or water confidence and there was no offered instruction to beginners which spoilt her day a bit. Those points aside the whole trip was a great mix between adventurous activity and cultural and historic learning the itinerary being well organised and administered, the other ten members of our group were made up of varied ages and nationalities literally worldwide, all were courteous polite and fun to be with. Both myself and my wife excitedly now look forward intrepidly to our next G Adventure, who knows where.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the detailed review, so happy you both enjoyed. Surely others will find this review useful. We look forward to seeing you both again soon.
- DKDanielleWritten on July 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis tour was amazing! We went to Jordan not knowing what to expect, nor did we know much about the country but it blew out all of our expectations. The itenary was incredible but what made the tour even more enjoyable was our guide Khadir. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy and he is absolutely hilarious. He showed us the beautiful history of Jordan but with a sense of humour. I highly recommend this tour but recommend Khadir as your guide even moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for providing your review. We have some fantastic CEO's in Jordan and I'm glad Khadir did not disappoint!
- AAnonymousWritten on June 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentThi was amazing. I had the time of my life. I would do it again in a heartbeat. LOVE.Show detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewYES YES YES!!!! SO happy you enjoyed the experience. Thanks for taking the time to review.
- JLJokWritten on June 7, 20184.5 - Excellentgood group size of 15, tour leader good knowledge, good optionsShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for taking the time to review, and thanks for choosing to see the world with us.
- ShandaWritten on May 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentI went on the Highlights of Jordan adventure from 3 May to 11 May and had one of the greatest experiences of my life. Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. He was able to give us a lot of historical information and was very open to any of our questions. The attractions did not disappoint. If you've always wanted to see Petra, Wadi Rum, the Red Sea, or just experience a whole new culture then you owe it to yourself to take this tour.Show detailed ratings
- LauraWritten on March 31, 20184.0 - GoodTour was run very efficiently; we packed a lot into the days without a significant amount of down time, and I liked that. Hotels were a mix of nice and unsatisfactory: Retaj in Amman was very nice but the first night so excruciatingly hot in the room I barely slept at all. I know several of us complained to the hotel desk. I finally slept a couple hours after I moved the bed across the room in front of the window; the road noise through the open window was really loud. Seven Wonders at Petra was a complete dump. The room reeked so badly of smoke I had to change rooms; the 2nd room looked like the carpet had not been vacuumed in a year, with obvious visible debris all over it; bathroom was not maintained with lots of mold and grunge; having a mini-fridge was nice except when you removed the keycard it turned off, ergo ruined perishables. Our bus was pretty full, so quite uncomfortable with nowhere but the dusty floor to place your backpack; overhead shelf was too slim to fit anything substantial up there. Our driver was a nice and pleasant guy who cared for the bus well and it was pretty clean. There seemed to be a lot of distortion in the bus' microphone (if was so much easier to understand our guide without it). Our guide Monty was excellent, friendly, easy going and caring. If we had any problems at all he was right on it for us. We were well taken care of. Overall GAP and our guide did a great job on this tour and it was most enjoyable. Any problems I encountered were related to difficulty dealing with the local Jordanians, who will take you for a ride if you aren't vigilant - a different culture.Show detailed ratings
- LucyWritten on January 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentI recently went on a tour to Jordan through G Adventures. I was always sceptical about travelling to the middle east but I felt safe throughout my trip. The tour was well put together and interesting. I look forward to travelling with them again.Show detailed ratings
- KMKENNETHWritten on October 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentA great trip from many perspectives. Wonderful, safe country, an urbane and quietly sophisticated leader, Jihad, warm and welcoming people, healthy variety in activities, good transportation and accommodations, great travel companions, delicious food and, if you are considering this trip for Petra, you will not be disappointedShow detailed ratings
- MMMadeleineWritten on January 16, 20174.0 - GoodGood guide, well planned tour!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Amman
- Day 2 Amman/Jerash/Dead Sea/Amman (1B)
- Day 3 Amman/Karak/Petra (1B)
- Day 4 Petra (1B)
- Day 5 Petra/Wadi Rum (1B, 1D)
- Day 6 Wadi Rum/Aqaba (1B)
- Day 7 Aqaba/Amman (1B)
- Day 8 Amman (1B)
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Will the transportation have air conditioning units?
On this trip you will travel by air-conditioned private minivan for most of the journeys.
En route to Wadi Rum and our desert camp, we will travel in 4x4 vehicles (for example a Landrover or similar style).
Where can we store our luggage during the tour?
Baggage can usually be kept at the hotel for a small fee.
Is there a hotel list available?
This is a list of accommodations that the operator will typically use on this tour, however, please be aware that these are subject to change:
Day 1-2: Retaj Hotel (or similar)
Day 3-4: Seven Wonders Hotel (or similar)
Day 5: Al Zawaydah Camp (or similar)
Day 6: Rae'd Suites Hotel (or similar)
Day 7: Retaj Hotel (or similar)
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Martina25th April 2018
Highlights of Jordan
- Upcoming departures
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Amman8 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to Amman0 seats left$44USD $1,055
- FridaySep 28, 2018from Amman8 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Amman0 seats left$44USD $1,055
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Amman8 DaysSundayOct 7, 2018to Amman0 seats left$44USD $1,055
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from Amman8 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to Amman0 seats left$40USD $959
- FridayOct 5, 2018from Amman8 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Amman0 seats left$40USD $959
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Amman8 DaysSundayOct 14, 2018to Amman0 seats left$40USD $959
- TuesdayOct 9, 2018from Amman8 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to Amman0 seats left$40USD $959
- FridayOct 12, 2018from Amman8 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Amman0 seats left$40USD $959
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Amman8 DaysSundayOct 21, 2018to Amman0 seats left$40USD $959
- TuesdayOct 16, 2018from Amman8 DaysTuesdayOct 23, 2018to Amman0 seats left$40USD $959
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Jordan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Jordan. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Start and end in Amman.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 23 November 2018 the full payment of $767 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $767 for Highlights of Jordan, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Amman (Jordan)
- 36 km
- Jerash (Jordan)
- 90 km
- Dead Sea (Jordan)
- 137 km
- Petra (Jordan)
- 82 km
- Wadi Rum (Jordan)
- 41 km
- Aqaba (Jordan)
- 285 km
- Amman (Jordan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $767 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,825 tours in Asia
- covered by 286 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 15 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Jordan