6 Days Experience Thailand
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 29 May 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 507
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Silvia "Il programma del tour "6 days experience Thailand" è ben bilanciato fra cose da vedere e tragitto del viaggio. Il viaggio in minivan è molto comodo, l'autista è stato prudente e hanno dei limiti di velocità che ti fanno stare tranquilli. La guida thailandese è stata cordiale e disponibile. I posti visitati bellissimi. Gli alberghi erano comodi e dovendo passarci giusto la notte mi sono sembrati a..."
- +7 Destinations
- Northern Thailand
- Chiang Mai
- Explore the temples in Ayutthaya
- Visit Sukhothai Historical Park
- See the Wat Phra That Lampang
- Age range
- 18 to 88 year olds
- Max Group Size
Start in Bangkok and end in Chiang Mai! With the discovery tour 6 Days Experience Thailand, you have a 6 day tour package taking you from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and through Bangkok, Thailand and 8 other destinations in Thailand. 6 Days Experience Thailand includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- AAAbdellahWritten on March 20, 20184.5 - Excellentthis tour was very good overallShow detailed ratingsDestination Services Thailand commented on this reviewThank you so much for your short note and we are glad to read you enjoyed. Noted your score on the meals and we will try review the chosen venues
- RGRIMONDOTTOWritten on March 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentLa nostra esperienza con Tourradar e' stata ottima gia' dal momento della prenotazione. Durante il tour hotel, ristoranti e guida hanno soddisfatto le ns aspettative oltre a quello che ci aspettavamoShow detailed ratingsDestination Services Thailand commented on this reviewThank you so much for taking the time to drop a note. We are pleased you enjoyed and we will pass on your comments to all relevant teams. We look forward to help you explore more of Thailand in the near future
- DPDavideWritten on March 10, 20184.0 - GoodGood trip, guide well prepared, quality of hotels and meals good.Show detailed ratingsDestination Services Thailand commented on this reviewThank you so much for taking the time to drop a note. We are pleased you enjoyed and we will pass on your comments to all relevant teams. We look forward to help you explore more of Thailand in the near future
- LMLindseyWritten on February 7, 20184.5 - ExcellentMy wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our 5.5 day Thailand tour and highly recommend it as a relatively economical way to see a lot of Thai historical/significant sites and the Thai countryside. We knew going into it that there was a lot of driving involved and there was certainly that. The good news is that there were only six of us on the tour and the Toyota van (every non-bus Thai tour group uses Toyota vans) was comfortable enough that some of us could nap between destinations. My recommendation to Destination Services was that another day be added to cut down on the van time per day. Our guide, "Jerry" (seems Thai's adopt anglo nicknames. our driver was "Tom"), was probably our favorite part of the tour. His knowledge of what we were seeing, familiarity with Buddhism, pride in Thai culture, friendliness, and openness to questions was very special. His familiarity with the sites and driving time allowed him to tweak the schedule to maximize site visits and limit redundant driving. Plus, he welcomed my wife and I to join him at the end of the day to experience Thai culture outside of the hotel. I don't know what to say about the hotels and lunches. The hotels were more upscale than those my wife and I usually stay in and had the corporate sterility that I associate with the hotels I stayed in while traveling for business in the US. Except for the Chiang Mai Holiday Inn, most hotels had DDTT food (dumb-down Thai tourist) or mediocre international cuisine (this from our traveling companions -- we ate out) which wasn't why we to Thailand. Our knock on the Holiday Inn is that it had paper-thin walls and we could hear our neighbors and hall traffic all too well. We called the front desk at 1:30 a.m. to get them to quiet down the Chinese guests next door. Still, the Holiday Inn had the largest buffet breakfast I've ever seen and staying more than a couple of days could be bad for your waistline. Lunches were an interesting adventure. Lunch stops were universally situated to accommodate tour buses. Jerry was very good at getting us to them before the large buses arrived. The food was either buffet or already set so no real choice on what we got. My wife and I noticed that other tour groups had different food which, we thought, looked more interesting that what we ate. I suppose that was due to our anglo status. Disclosure: my wife and I generally enjoyed true Thai food than our fellow travelers; Jerry said in 15 years he had only one other couple who really embraced Thai cooking like we did. We also pointed out to Jerry that the Destination Services itinerary said we would see monkeys which we didn't see. This was a bigger deal until we actually saw monkeys; not our favorite animals. The only other thing we would have liked was an opportunity to visit one or two national parks that we drove through. This probably wouldn't have been desirable to our companions but my wife and I didn't get enough walking/exploration time. We're glad to have been on this tour. It was a great introduction to Thailand and its culture and history. Highly recommended.Show detailed ratingsDestination Services Thailand commented on this reviewThank you very much for your comments. Its great to read that the tour provided you with a great introduction to Thailand and its culture and history. We truly value all the feedback that we receive from our guests, and from the feedback we can look at amending the itinerary for the future. We hope that you will visit Thailand again (Thailand still has a lot of places to explore). Once again, many thanks
- ABAlmaWritten on February 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentNot much activity, long bus ride, short walking distance and back to bus again. A lot of temple visit, not much variety of activity. Good hotel, good choice of lunch Stop which is included, good transportShow detailed ratings
- HDHannahWritten on January 30, 20184.0 - GoodThis tour was awesome! Going from Bangkok all the way to the North of course requires a lot of driving but we never drove for more then 2-3 hours without stopping at some kind of site. I really feel like I saw all of Thailand (minus the south of course) through this tour. Our guide was very knowledgeable and I felt like I learned a lot and got a truly well rounded view of Thailand. My only critiques would be that the restaurants for lunch were obviously geared towards tourists so the food was good but it was tourists Thai food, not the real stuff. Also more time with the elephants!Show detailed ratingsDestination Services Thailand commented on this reviewThank you Hannah for your feedback. Noted your constructive comment about the food and the restaurants. It will be passed on to our product team who will be looking out for something more authentic. Thank you for taking the time to review our tour!
- MTMelaniaWritten on December 3, 20174.0 - GoodThis was a good experience, overall. Best thing was that we were only 4 persons on this group, but our guy was not the best one. He was friendly and helpful enough, but his knowledge was not the best.Show detailed ratings
- BCBrianWritten on November 11, 20173.0 - AverageOur time with the 6 Day Experience Thailand Tour was good. I cannot say very good for the following reasons... - English speaking guide “Paul” was quite weak communicating in English. - Frequently Paul would put his own comfort ahead of ours - we were separated and left alone for all meals; no interaction or attempt made to unite the small group of 7 that we were - overall it was a good trip, but not a great trip and it so easily could have been much betterShow detailed ratingsDestination Services Thailand commented on this reviewHello Brian, thank you so much for taking the time to review our tour. We will talk to the guide and make sure your comments are feed-backed to him in a constructive way to make sure guests in the future have a great trip, not just a good one. Thank you again!
- SZSaschaWritten on October 12, 20173.5 - GoodThis tour takes you the northern parts of beautiful Thailand, covering ancient kingdom ruins in Ayutthaya and Sukhothai, a lot of Buddhist temples in different styles (Lanna, Cambodia, Burma), and some other activities like a boat ride, a local market and an elephant farm. While it is a worthwhile experience, be sure this tour does involve a lot of driving. By a lot I mean about 1000km in 6 days at 90 km/h speed. You should be ready for it. The guide was very well informed. Sometimes he was a bit on the moody side which I didn't enjoy too much. The car and all hotels were okay. The food is touristy but many people apparently like this more than true Thai cuisine. For me the experience could have had two points of improvement: 1. When paying a little over 500 EUR, one non-alocoholic drink for each lunch (five occasions) should really be included. They would not even equal 5 EUR total. The programme itinery on here never stated drinks are not covered, but also didn't state they are extra either. To me, this was kinda picky. 2. I am not sure whether going to Chiang Mai first and finishing up at the Golden Triangle/Chiang Rai would probably be the better schedule. Chiang Mai's beautiful downtown could he explored a bit more extensively, and it would be an earlier change-up to the many temples. Also the way from Lampang to Chiang Mai is not far and would break-up the tedious long driving days a little more early. Recommended but you should know what you get here.Show detailed ratingsDestination Services Thailand commented on this reviewDear Sascha Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent trip with us. I am sorry to learn that there was some confusion with the drinks and I will ensure that this is made clearer going forward. We have chosen to visit Chiang Rai before Chiang Mai as there are better flight connections available from Chiang Mai to other destinations in Thailand. Once again, thank you very much for your feedback.
- SPSilviaWritten on August 28, 20174.0 - GoodIl programma del tour "6 days experience Thailand" è ben bilanciato fra cose da vedere e tragitto del viaggio. Il viaggio in minivan è molto comodo, l'autista è stato prudente e hanno dei limiti di velocità che ti fanno stare tranquilli. La guida thailandese è stata cordiale e disponibile. I posti visitati bellissimi. Gli alberghi erano comodi e dovendo passarci giusto la notte mi sono sembrati adeguati. È un tour che consiglierei!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- DAY 1 |ARRIVAL BANGKOK - AYUTTHAYA– PHITSANULOK (405kms - 6hrs)
- DAY 2 | PHITSANULOK - SUKHOTHAI - LAMPANG (410 kms - 5.5hrs)
- DAY 3 | LAMPANG - PHAYAO - GOLDEN TRIANGLE - CHIANG RAI (470 kms - 5.5hrs)
- DAY 4 | CHIANG RAI - CHIANG MAI (220 kms - 8.5hrs)
- DAY 5 | CHIANG MAI (80 kms - 3hrs)
- DAY 6 | CHIANG MAI
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sheila11th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
6 Days Experience Thailand
Select Departure Month
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysSaturdayJun 2, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysTuesdayJun 5, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Chiang Mai7 seats left$146$654-22%USD $507
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysSaturdayJun 16, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysTuesdayJun 19, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysSaturdayJun 23, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$146$654-22%USD $507
- ThursdayJun 21, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysTuesdayJun 26, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysSaturdayJun 30, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Bangkok6 DaysTuesdayJul 3, 2018to Chiang Mai10+ seats left$20USD $634
Show more departures
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Chiang Mai is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Destination Services Thailand booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 July 2018 the full payment of $507 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $507 for 6 Days Experience Thailand, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Destination Services Thailand will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Destination Services Thailand tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 1,005 km.
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 69 km
- Ayutthaya (Thailand)
- 275 km
- Phitsanulok (Thailand)
- 51 km
- Sukhothai (Thailand)
- 147 km
- Lampang (Thailand)
- 126 km
- Phayao (Thailand)
- 127 km
- Golden Triangle (Thailand)
- 52 km
- Chiang Rai (Thailand)
- 157 km
- Chiang Mai (Thailand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $507 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,558 tours in Asia
- covered by 192 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 6 Days Experience Thailand via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 6 Days Experience Thailand