Secret Cyclades: Hiking Holidays on Kythnos island
Member-Only Savings Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 1 Jun 2018
- Our saving
- US $ 612
24/7 Customer SupportAsk a question
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
Rita "From the moment I booked this tour, I received nothing but the upmost sincere and professional attention. Danae was really on to it with the pre and post trip transport and travel arrangements. She responded to my inquiries promptly even during weekends. The hiking trip itself on Kithnos island was just heavenly. We were housed by the harbour in guesthouse Kontseta, hosted by the wonderful Georg..."
- +1 Destinations
- Greek Islands
Start and end in Athens! With the hiking & trekking tour Secret Cyclades: Hiking Holidays on Kythnos island, you have a 5 day tour package taking you through Athens, Greece and Kythnos. Secret Cyclades: Hiking Holidays on Kythnos island is a small group tour that includes accommodation as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Age range
- 10 to 78 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Private Vehicle, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- ETElizabethWritten on April 30, 20185.0 - ExcellentFrom the very start (including booking) the whole experience was fantastic and exceeded all my expectations.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewHi Liza, thank you for your wonderful words and for taking the time to write them! I truly hope you enjoyed this authentic tour and to see you again in Greece in the future! Big hug, Danae
- PPeggyWritten on October 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was such a great tour to the less touristy and beautiful island of Kythnos. It was well planned, with easy booking, and great transportation. Danae was so helpful in the planning and Ms. Zoe was very warm and welcoming to her guesthouse. George was the best guide as his family has been on Kythnos for generations, knew everyone and everything about the island. Each hike was different and went to the scenic areas of the island. I highly recommend and hope to go back to Kythnos in the future.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewHi Peggy, thank you sooo much for your nice words! What makes us most happy is that you enjoyed your trip in Kythnos and I truly hope you got an authentic experience on this non-touristic beautiful island :) Hope to see you soon!!!
- SPSueWritten on October 15, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe Secret Cyclades walking tour was a really great experience. The service provided by my Trails Beyond guide, Danae was very prompt and professional from my first enquiry through to post tour contact. The Kythnos accommodation was in a delightful family owned guesthouse in the port of Merichas. Danae and local guide George led different walks to different parts of the island each day providing a wealth of local insights and historical information. The program was adapted to suit the weather, maximising swimming opportunities and to ensure the best possible Kythnos experience. All the food from Zoe's fantastic breakfast spreads to that available in restaurants and cafes was fresh, tasty and beautifully prepared. A very authentic Greek experience peppered with interesting conversations and warm companionship.Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewThank you so much Sue for your wonderful words!! We really hope you enjoyed this trip as much as we did and that you got a really authentic experience on this non touristic island! Hope to see you again!!! Regards, Danae
- GBGretchenWritten on April 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe were met at the airport by our Guide Danae, a cheerful woman of great energy. She led our intrepid group with the help of George, her Kythnos Island guide. Our accommodations both in Athens and in Kythnos were lovely. Each day was a new adventure - a new hike - an opportunity to drink in the lovely scenery, the fresh air, and the lovely goats. And the cooking and pottery lessons were so much fun! Each meal (provided and purchased) was a feast of fresh, healthy food all prepared with such devotion - honestly I had no idea Greek food was SO good. Our weather for early spring and a little chilly - but clear skies - so although we wore all of our clothes we were happy. I'd easily recommend Trails Beyond. I hear they do tours off the coast as well in the Mountains! Greece may see me again!Show detailed ratings
- RYRitaWritten on April 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentFrom the moment I booked this tour, I received nothing but the upmost sincere and professional attention. Danae was really on to it with the pre and post trip transport and travel arrangements. She responded to my inquiries promptly even during weekends. The hiking trip itself on Kithnos island was just heavenly. We were housed by the harbour in guesthouse Kontseta, hosted by the wonderful George and his mother, Zoe. Their generous hospitality and the quaint setting of the rooms will remain in my memory for a long time to come. The five days spent on the island was littered with hikes guided by George ( who is a master in all local Kythnos history and gossips) in stunning backdrops of the Aegean Sea and activities in the local villages. I felt really looked after, welcomed by the locals and nourished after this trip. And would go back in a heartbeat.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens – Kythnos
- Day 2: Hiking to Vryokastro – Apokrousi – Kolona
- Day 3: Hiking Loutra – Castle of Oria, the Thermal Springs & Pottery lesson
- Day 4: Hiking Dryopida – Kanala, cave exploration & cooking class
- Day 5: Departures – Kythnos to Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
Secret Cyclades: Hiking Holidays on Kythnos island
STARTENDSEATS LEFTSAVE NOW PRICE
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Athens5 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$19USD $612
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Athens5 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$19USD $612
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Athens5 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$19USD $612
- MondaySep 17, 2018from Athens5 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$19USD $612
- MondayOct 1, 2018from Athens5 DaysFridayOct 5, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$19USD $612
- MondayOct 8, 2018from Athens5 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$19USD $612
- MondayOct 15, 2018from Athens5 DaysFridayOct 19, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$19USD $612
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Trails Beyond booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2018 the full payment of $612 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $612 for Secret Cyclades: Hiking Holidays on Kythnos island, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Trails Beyond will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trails Beyond tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 178 km.
- Athens (Greece)
- 89 km
- Kythnos (Greece)
- 89 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $612 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,111 tours in Europe
- covered by 212 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Secret Cyclades: Hiking Holidays on Kythnos island via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Secret Cyclades: Hiking Holidays on Kythnos island