Japan Highlights (8 days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,387
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Gaze at Mt. Fuji from the hot springs in Hakone
- Explore temples, shrines and traditional Japanese gardens
- Zip through Japan on its legendary bullet trains
- Visit Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Museum
- Rather Poor
- ReneWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip to Japan was completely incredible! From the sights of Mt. Fuji to Peace Memorial Museum and passing by the the temples of Kyoto. It was a complete experience for all the senses (viewpoints, food, feelings, smells). Thank you Bamba for the whole... Read more
- JMJesWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I really loved my trip to Japan from the flexibility that we had during the trip, to the organization regarding transportation and accommodation and for sure, regarding the whole experience. It went beyond any of my expectations and I was so happy I finally... Read more
- ARAtenasuWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Discovering a country like Japan with this organization is so helpful, it took away all the stress. All the bookings regarding accommodation and transport facilitated the trip a lot! Then you can take more time to focus on the things you want to discover... Read more
- MSMaxWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - Excellent
Japan is an incredible destination, with a great history and culture. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, so I dreamed all my life to discover this country. I chose Bamba to plan my trip with, and I am really happy I did! Everything was well organized,... Read moreShow detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Max, Thanks for your feedback, we are very happy to hear that you had a great time travelling with Bamba Experience in Japan. It is so lovely to receive such a nice review and the team was delighted to read it. We take to heart the good organisation of any of our trip so that travelers can fully enjoy a unique and stress-free experience. Again, thank you so much for your positive review. We are so happy you were glad to do this tour with us and we hope to see you soon on another Bamba trip! Take Care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- CMCorentinWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - Excellent
It was our first time in Japan and we really enjoyed our experience travelling with Bamba! Overall, the fact we didn’t have to worry about finding our own accommodation for the whole trip, was really great. Everything was very organised from beginning to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Corentin, Thank you for posting such a positive review on Tourradar and for choosing to travel with Bamba Experience! Japan is an amazing country with great culture and incredible landscape. To hear that you enjoyed your trip so much makes us very proud. Again thank you for your review. We are always looking forward to improve the quality of our service and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon on a Bamba trip! Take care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- JAJillWritten on June 4, 20173.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Self-guided tour - a great way to see so much of the country on your own time but with having all the hotels and transportation booked for you. Very well organised. I highly recommend it.
- SMStuartWritten on May 4, 20172.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Trip very hectic due to a busy schedule but it did cover the cities very well
- stuartWritten on May 2, 20172.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
The trip covered everything expected but the cost excessive.You could do the trip yourself at 60% of cost staying in hotels rather than hostels
- VCVanWritten on April 21, 20173.0 - AverageShow detailed ratings
It is as advertised "self-guided" tour. Japan in itself is an amazing destination, rich in culture, tradition, a mix of new and old, and so much food to try. However, I feel like Bamba Experience could have done much better. 1) I was under the... Read more
- EllieWritten on April 19, 20171.0 - BadShow detailed ratings
Bamba tour is AWFUL! Booking the tour with them was the worst thing I have ever done! Upon arrival, I was picked up with tour agent at airport. He handed me a folder full of papers which were supposed to be directions to hotels in each cities as well as 7... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Bamba Experience in Asia
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we upgrade the train pass?
There may be options to upgrade the train pass, please contact our Travel Experts for more information.
Where is the meeting location?
The meet and greet on Day 1 will be at the Tokyo Airport, and we do advise you to meet everybody there. However, if you would rather meet up at the accommodation then this can be arranged.
Will there be a tour guide?
An independent tour means that the tour is unescorted and you will likely not be travelling in a group.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Brenda26th October 2018
Japan Highlights (8 days)
- Upcoming departures
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- TuesdayDec 18, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysTuesdayDec 25, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- WednesdayDec 19, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysWednesdayDec 26, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- ThursdayDec 20, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysThursdayDec 27, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- FridayDec 21, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysFridayDec 28, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- SaturdayDec 22, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayDec 29, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- FridayJan 4, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysFridayJan 11, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- SaturdayJan 5, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayJan 12, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- SundayJan 6, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSundayJan 13, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- MondayJan 7, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysMondayJan 14, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
- TuesdayJan 8, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysTuesdayJan 15, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,387Based on Hostel Dorm
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 30% to confirm this Bamba Experience booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 February 2019 the full payment of $1,387 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1387 for Japan Highlights (8 days), but the deposit of 30% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Bamba Experience will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Bamba Experience tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 33 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 281 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 402 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,387 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,056 tours in Asia
- covered by 399 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Highlights (8 days) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights (8 days)