Japan Highlights 8D/7N
- Our saving
- US $ 1,400
- Ride a pirate ship across Ashinoko Lake
- Explore the cultural capital of Kyoto
- Wander the gardens at Heian Shrine
- Visit Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Museum
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Boat, Plane
- Rather Poor
- ReneWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip to Japan was completely incredible! From the sights of Mt. Fuji to Peace Memorial Museum and passing by the the temples of Kyoto. It was a complete experience for all the senses (viewpoints, food, feelings, smells). Thank you Bamba for the whole organization of the trip!Show detailed ratings
- MSMaxWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentJapan is an incredible destination, with a great history and culture. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, so I dreamed all my life to discover this country. I chose Bamba to plan my trip with, and I am really happy I did! Everything was well organized, and I could to discover Japan with confidence that everything was taken care of. I really enjoyed the trip to Mount Fuji, the view was just amazing, better than I could have ever expected. Another great moment for me, was to discover Hiroshima and its Peace Memorial Museum. It was amazing to learn more history about it and understand what happened. It was an emotional moment for me, that’s for sure. The trip was extremely well designed to truly discover everything Japan and it’s culture has to offer. I would recommend this Bamba trip to everyone. Japan is an incredible destination, with a great history and culture. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, so I dreamed all my life to discover this country. I chose Bamba to plan my trip with, and I am really happy I did! Everything was well organized, and I could to discover Japan with confidence that everything was taken care of. I really enjoyed the trip to Mount Fuji, the view was just amazing, better than I could have ever expected. Another great moment for me, was to discover Hiroshima and its Peace Memorial Museum. It was amazing to learn more history about it and understand what happened. It was an emotional moment for me, that’s for sure. The trip was extremely well designed to truly discover everything Japan and it’s culture has to offer. I would recommend this Bamba trip to everyone.Show detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Max, Thanks for your feedback, we are very happy to hear that you had a great time travelling with Bamba Experience in Japan. It is so lovely to receive such a nice review and the team was delighted to read it. We take to heart the good organisation of any of our trip so that travelers can fully enjoy a unique and stress-free experience. Again, thank you so much for your positive review. We are so happy you were glad to do this tour with us and we hope to see you soon on another Bamba trip! Take Care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- CMCorentinWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was our first time in Japan and we really enjoyed our experience travelling with Bamba! Overall, the fact we didn’t have to worry about finding our own accommodation for the whole trip, was really great. Everything was very organised from beginning to end! You have plenty of time to explore as much as you want in the cities. On the second day, we had the best moment of the whole trip, the view of Mt. Fuji and its surroundings is absolutely mind-blowing. It was more amazing than we could have ever expected! Kyoto was also incredible, particularly the visit to Kiyomizu-Dera Temple, and we went on our own to the Sagano Bamboo Forest, this place was completely out of this world. Visiting Hiroshima was a very emotional and intense moment! I think the whole trip had everything, in terms of emotions, landscapes, culture and food. We couldn’t recommend this trip with Bamba enough. Japan was the trip of a lifetime!Show detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Corentin, Thank you for posting such a positive review on Tourradar and for choosing to travel with Bamba Experience! Japan is an amazing country with great culture and incredible landscape. To hear that you enjoyed your trip so much makes us very proud. Again thank you for your review. We are always looking forward to improve the quality of our service and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon on a Bamba trip! Take care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- JAJillWritten on June 4, 20173.5 - GoodSelf-guided tour - a great way to see so much of the country on your own time but with having all the hotels and transportation booked for you. Very well organised. I highly recommend it.Show detailed ratings
- stuartWritten on May 2, 20172.0 - Rather poorThe trip covered everything expected but the cost excessive.You could do the trip yourself at 60% of cost staying in hotels rather than hostelsShow detailed ratings
- VCVanWritten on April 21, 20173.0 - AverageIt is as advertised "self-guided" tour. Japan in itself is an amazing destination, rich in culture, tradition, a mix of new and old, and so much food to try. However, I feel like Bamba Experience could have done much better. 1) I was under the impression that there were would be other travellers with me who signed up with Bamba. As it turns out, there were no one else who signed up for this tour for the dates I signed up for. I wish they had informed me this; a simple thing to do. 2) It didn't seem like this tour was organized by Bamba, as I was greeted by Asahi Travel Service agent. This would have been nice to know also. 3) The tour does include Japan Rail Pass, which is an amazing pass for visitors which includes the bullet train, local transit and a few sight seeing tours. The issue I have is that getting from the bullet train station to the hostels I was given Google Maps printouts which suggested that I should take public transit and pay out of pocket. However Japan Rail has extensive public transit networks in many cities beyond just bullet trains, which I could have used and saved some money. 4) Being a first-time traveller to Japan, it would have been nice if Bamba Experiene or Asahi Travel Services would have given more information on Japan Rail Pass, and renting pocket wifi. This is an essential tool for first-time travellers. There are 2 bullet trains that are not available to JR pass holders, also not all bullet trains have meals on board, so you should plan to carry snacks or buy bento boxes at the stations. 5) The experience is as exactly as described: self-guided. However, I wouldn't recommend this tour as it is very rushed from one place to another, without being able to take in the culture and explore. 6) Some information about the hostels would have been nice. Some hostels do not let you check-in until 4pm, and you cannot even leave your backpack with them until that time. I didn't mind carrying a backpack around the city, but this would have been useful information to plan my day. Other hostels do not let you check out until 6am, which can affect your plans if you were planning on catching the 6am bullet train. 7) A map highlighting attractions and landmarks of each city would have been nice to have. I know it is a self-guided tour, but when booking with an agency I would expect some guidance/suggestions. The good things about this tour is that all your hostel bookings are taken care of, the Japan Rail Pass is reserved for you. I had good experience at all the hostels, they were very clean, and the staff very friendly.Show detailed ratings
- EEllieWritten on April 19, 20171.0 - BadBamba tour is AWFUL! Booking the tour with them was the worst thing I have ever done! Upon arrival, I was picked up with tour agent at airport. He handed me a folder full of papers which were supposed to be directions to hotels in each cities as well as 7 Days Japan Rail Pass! It took us 3+ hours to get to hostel by train and bus!!! The tour agent himself wasn't able to find the hostel reading the direction! And had to ask locals few times!!!! The directions are like this: Exit the station (note: some stations in Japan have more than 10 exits!) Cross the road Turn right cross the road Walk 700 meters (or 10 min) Turn left Cross the road Cross the road Turn right Taaaaa daaaaaa hostel is there! No street names! No maps!!! Good luck finding the hostels! Half way through the trip we threw all those papers away as they were totally useless and we had to ask police men, information centre,... for directions!!!! In couple of cities we arrived to hostel and found out, they haven't paid for accommodations, hence our booking was not finalised!!!! Had to call them and have them to sort it out with hostel receptions! The hostels are the worst and cheapest in all major cities! Dorms are big saloons with 30+, 2 stories bed (metal ones) seperated by old clothes as curtains! and mixed genders! There are only 3 tiny showers for the entire hostel and 3 sinks in the middle of hall way or ground floor! Believe me, the accomodation is more like temporary accomodation for homeless people rather than hostels! I don't believe they have spent more than $200 on all accomodations ( checked the nightly price at few of those hostels). You can book far better accomodation on your own with the price they charge for this tour!!!! Over all, I am very disappointed of Bamba tour and won't recommend it to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- JAJIllWritten on April 9, 20173.5 - GoodGreat trip! Loved the flexibility to do what we want during the day but have all our transportation and accommodation booked and organised for us. Wished we had known our accommodations were further outside the main cities in advanced so we could have planned better with possibly leaving our luggage in lockers and touring the city prior to going all the way out to our hotels and then back into the city. We soon learned though. Not a lot to see / do in Osaka could have had another day in Tokyo at the beginning or end of the trip. But overall I will definitely recommend this way of travelling to my friends and I would do a trip like this again.Show detailed ratings
- sheldeenWritten on February 9, 20173.0 - AverageThe trip was great! I enjoyed seeing and exploring Japan. The staff in each location are very nice and helpful. The accommodations were a little cramped and often cold especially in the Hiroshima and Osaka. For the cost, I expected a little more, for example, at least breakfast in each location. The trip itself was very educational and fun, but really fast paced as sometimes being in a place for one day or night is almost pointless. I would change either would have liked to stay in Hiroshima one more day or Osaka for all three days, although I don't regret Hiroshima as it is an eye opener and a must when traveling all this way. In the end, the pre-booked tours were wonderful as tour guides were knowledgeable and witty, but some clear considerations need to be taken as per suggestions above.Show detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHello Sheldeen! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is very important for us to hear what travellers have to say about our tours so that we can keep improving our products. We appreciate very much your comments and will ask our team to look into it. We hope to see you on another Bamba Trip! Take care, Rene Customer Service Manager
- PLPhilipWritten on January 16, 20173.5 - GoodOverall we were happy with our self guided tour. The hotels Bamba booked were fine, relatively easy to find and well situated for sightseeing. There were a few glitches - we were met on our arrival in Tokyo and a shuttle bus took us to our hotel as promised. We did not, however, get our 'travel pack' with the Japan Rail pass as we were expecting and had to ring our contact for this. The half day sightseeing tour of Kyoto which was part of the package was not available (possibly because we were doing the tour over New Year) but to be fair we did get given an upgrade of hotel in Kyoto so that compensated. Overall it was a great way to see a lot of Japan without having to worry about accommodation and getting the rail pass especially during a National holiday period. We have done a fair bit of travelling and using public transport, mainly in Europe, and the Rail system in Japan is superb. I would definitely recommend that anyone doing this particular tour to always have breakfast early and get to the next city in good time, particularly if only a one night stay and book their seat on the train (free). The Tourist Information offices are very helpful and usually in the rail stations. Tokyo to Hakone took half a day with first train and then a long bus ride to the hotel. You do have to be organised and try and travel light. Highlights for us there were the Hakone Ropeway and Open-Air Museum at Gora but we spent too long over coffee and missed the last cable car back - eventually got back to find we should have signed on for dinner! Hotel was helpful and arranged transport to local place. With no sightseeing tour in Kyoto we booked a guide ourselves which was probably essential. Hiroshima was definitely not to be missed and we enjoyed going to Myajima on the second day using the Japan Rail pass. Not a lot to see in Osaka except the sky tower but you can get authentic Kobe beef there!! We tacked on 3 nights ourselves in Tokyo at the end of the tour. I'm very glad we booked the tour - it gave us the confidence to see more than just Tokyo in a limited time frame and do things ourselves as opposed to being shepherded around.Show detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHello Philip, Thanks for taking the time to review Bamba Experience! We always try to look for the best hotels available, in terms of both quality and location, so that you can enjoy your experience to the fullest. It is really useful for us to know about any shortcomings in your experience so that we can improve. We’re glad you enjoyed the upgrade in Kyoto! It is complicated to book some experiences during high season and even moreso on special dates such as New Year, but we’re happy everything turned out well! We thank you for the recommendations for this trip! It is always useful. We’re happy to provide flexible, independent and unique tours and it is great to read that you are happy travellers. Take Care, Rene/The Bamba Happiness Team
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Bamba Experience in Asia
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Where is the meeting location?
The meet and greet on Day 1 will be at the Tokyo Airport, we do advise you to meet everybody there. However if you rather want to meet up in the accommodation, then we can arrange that as well.
- March 1, 2017
Will there be a tour guide?
An independent tour means that the tour is unescorted and you will likely not be travelling in a group.
- January 1, 2017
Could you please give me the prices in sterling?
Our main currency is not Sterling pounds which means we can only honor our price in USD, please keep in mind exchange rates are subject to change on a daily basis and this is an estimated only.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Elvio18th May 2018
Japan Highlights 8D/7N
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- WednesdayMay 30, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysWednesdayJun 6, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- ThursdayMay 31, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysThursdayJun 7, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- FridayJun 1, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayJun 9, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- SundayJun 3, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSundayJun 10, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysMondayJun 11, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysTuesdayJun 12, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysWednesdayJun 13, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- ThursdayJun 7, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysThursdayJun 14, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- FridayJun 8, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 30% to confirm this Bamba Experience booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 July 2018 the full payment of $1,400 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1400 for Japan Highlights 8D/7N, but the deposit of 30% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Bamba Experience will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Bamba Experience tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 33 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 281 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 402 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,400 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,574 tours in Asia
- covered by 194 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Highlights 8D/7N via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights 8D/7N