Japan Highlights (8 days)
- Our saving
- US $ 1,361
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Gaze at Mt. Fuji from the hot springs in Hakone
- Explore temples, shrines and traditional Japanese gardens
- Zip through Japan on its legendary bullet trains
- Visit Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Museum
- Rather Poor
- VVarshaWritten on March 11, 20192.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The hotel accommodations were terrible. There was no proper guidance provide. We understand it was a self guided tour, but were expecting proper guidance. The tour information was just mailed to us at the hotel where we were staying, no one came personally... Read more
- CarrolltonWritten on February 20, 20192.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
- Itinerary was not helpful at all. Directions to hotels and trains schedules were were not clear at all. - Same hotels locations were not convenient from train and bus stations and rooms were very tiny. (not for two people) - Meals were OK but not... Read more
- ReneWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
This trip to Japan was completely incredible! From the sights of Mt. Fuji to Peace Memorial Museum and passing by the the temples of Kyoto. It was a complete experience for all the senses (viewpoints, food, feelings, smells). Thank you Bamba for the whole... Read more
- JMJesWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I really loved my trip to Japan from the flexibility that we had during the trip, to the organization regarding transportation and accommodation and for sure, regarding the whole experience. It went beyond any of my expectations and I was so happy I finally... Read more
- ARAtenasuWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Discovering a country like Japan with this organization is so helpful, it took away all the stress. All the bookings regarding accommodation and transport facilitated the trip a lot! Then you can take more time to focus on the things you want to discover... Read more
- MSMaxWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - Excellent
Japan is an incredible destination, with a great history and culture. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, so I dreamed all my life to discover this country. I chose Bamba to plan my trip with, and I am really happy I did! Everything was well organized,... Read moreShow detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Max, Thanks for your feedback, we are very happy to hear that you had a great time travelling with Bamba Experience in Japan. It is so lovely to receive such a nice review and the team was delighted to read it. We take to heart the good organisation of any of our trip so that travelers can fully enjoy a unique and stress-free experience. Again, thank you so much for your positive review. We are so happy you were glad to do this tour with us and we hope to see you soon on another Bamba trip! Take Care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- CMCorentinWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - Excellent
It was our first time in Japan and we really enjoyed our experience travelling with Bamba! Overall, the fact we didn’t have to worry about finding our own accommodation for the whole trip, was really great. Everything was very organised from beginning to... Read moreShow detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Corentin, Thank you for posting such a positive review on Tourradar and for choosing to travel with Bamba Experience! Japan is an amazing country with great culture and incredible landscape. To hear that you enjoyed your trip so much makes us very proud. Again thank you for your review. We are always looking forward to improve the quality of our service and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon on a Bamba trip! Take care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- JAJillWritten on June 4, 20173.5 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Self-guided tour - a great way to see so much of the country on your own time but with having all the hotels and transportation booked for you. Very well organised. I highly recommend it.
- SMStuartWritten on May 4, 20172.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
Trip very hectic due to a busy schedule but it did cover the cities very well
- stuartWritten on May 2, 20172.0 - Rather poorShow detailed ratings
The trip covered everything expected but the cost excessive.You could do the trip yourself at 60% of cost staying in hotels rather than hostels
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Bamba Experience in Asia
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we upgrade the train pass?
There may be options to upgrade the train pass, please contact our Travel Experts for more information.
Where is the meeting location?
The meet and greet on Day 1 will be at the Tokyo Airport, and we do advise you to meet everybody there. However, if you would rather meet up at the accommodation then this can be arranged.
Will there be a tour guide?
An independent tour means that the tour is unescorted and you will likely not be travelling in a group.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Peter11th December 2018
Japan Highlights (8 days)
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- TuesdayApr 16, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysTuesdayApr 23, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- WednesdayApr 17, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysWednesdayApr 24, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- ThursdayApr 18, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysThursdayApr 25, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- FridayApr 19, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysFridayApr 26, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- SaturdayApr 20, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayApr 27, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- SundayApr 21, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- MondayApr 22, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysMondayApr 29, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- TuesdayApr 23, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysTuesdayApr 30, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- WednesdayApr 24, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysWednesdayMay 1, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
- ThursdayApr 25, 2019from Tokyo8 DaysThursdayMay 2, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$42USD $1,361Based on Hostel Dorm
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Bamba Experience booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 May 2019 the full payment of $1,361 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1361 for Japan Highlights (8 days), but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Bamba Experience will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Bamba Experience tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 33 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 281 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 402 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,361 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,280 tours in Asia
- covered by 621 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Highlights (8 days) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 16 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights (8 days)