Japan Highlights 8D/7N
- Our saving
- US $ 1,400
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Ride a pirate ship across Ashinoko Lake
- Explore the cultural capital of Kyoto
- Wander the gardens at Heian Shrine
- Visit Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Museum
- Rather Poor
- ReneWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip to Japan was completely incredible! From the sights of Mt. Fuji to Peace Memorial Museum and passing by the the temples of Kyoto. It was a complete experience for all the senses (viewpoints, food, feelings, smells). Thank you Bamba for the whole organization of the trip!Show detailed ratings
- JMJesWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentI really loved my trip to Japan from the flexibility that we had during the trip, to the organization regarding transportation and accommodation and for sure, regarding the whole experience. It went beyond any of my expectations and I was so happy I finally getting there. I will keep a wonderful feeling about the sight of Mt. Fuji. I truly recommend this trip with Bamba.Show detailed ratings
- ARAtenasuWritten on September 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentDiscovering a country like Japan with this organization is so helpful, it took away all the stress. All the bookings regarding accommodation and transport facilitated the trip a lot! Then you can take more time to focus on the things you want to discover during the free-time you have. The landscapes, the culture and the food were incredible. I fell in love with this country. Thank you Bamba!Show detailed ratings
- MSMaxWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentJapan is an incredible destination, with a great history and culture. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, so I dreamed all my life to discover this country. I chose Bamba to plan my trip with, and I am really happy I did! Everything was well organized, and I could to discover Japan with confidence that everything was taken care of. I really enjoyed the trip to Mount Fuji, the view was just amazing, better than I could have ever expected. Another great moment for me, was to discover Hiroshima and its Peace Memorial Museum. It was amazing to learn more history about it and understand what happened. It was an emotional moment for me, that’s for sure. The trip was extremely well designed to truly discover everything Japan and it’s culture has to offer. I would recommend this Bamba trip to everyone. Japan is an incredible destination, with a great history and culture. I am a huge fan of Japanese culture, so I dreamed all my life to discover this country. I chose Bamba to plan my trip with, and I am really happy I did! Everything was well organized, and I could to discover Japan with confidence that everything was taken care of. I really enjoyed the trip to Mount Fuji, the view was just amazing, better than I could have ever expected. Another great moment for me, was to discover Hiroshima and its Peace Memorial Museum. It was amazing to learn more history about it and understand what happened. It was an emotional moment for me, that’s for sure. The trip was extremely well designed to truly discover everything Japan and it’s culture has to offer. I would recommend this Bamba trip to everyone.Show detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Max, Thanks for your feedback, we are very happy to hear that you had a great time travelling with Bamba Experience in Japan. It is so lovely to receive such a nice review and the team was delighted to read it. We take to heart the good organisation of any of our trip so that travelers can fully enjoy a unique and stress-free experience. Again, thank you so much for your positive review. We are so happy you were glad to do this tour with us and we hope to see you soon on another Bamba trip! Take Care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- CMCorentinWritten on July 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentIt was our first time in Japan and we really enjoyed our experience travelling with Bamba! Overall, the fact we didn’t have to worry about finding our own accommodation for the whole trip, was really great. Everything was very organised from beginning to end! You have plenty of time to explore as much as you want in the cities. On the second day, we had the best moment of the whole trip, the view of Mt. Fuji and its surroundings is absolutely mind-blowing. It was more amazing than we could have ever expected! Kyoto was also incredible, particularly the visit to Kiyomizu-Dera Temple, and we went on our own to the Sagano Bamboo Forest, this place was completely out of this world. Visiting Hiroshima was a very emotional and intense moment! I think the whole trip had everything, in terms of emotions, landscapes, culture and food. We couldn’t recommend this trip with Bamba enough. Japan was the trip of a lifetime!Show detailed ratingsBamba Experience commented on this reviewHi Corentin, Thank you for posting such a positive review on Tourradar and for choosing to travel with Bamba Experience! Japan is an amazing country with great culture and incredible landscape. To hear that you enjoyed your trip so much makes us very proud. Again thank you for your review. We are always looking forward to improve the quality of our service and we greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon on a Bamba trip! Take care, Marie-Loup Bamba Happiness Team
- JAJillWritten on June 4, 20173.5 - GoodSelf-guided tour - a great way to see so much of the country on your own time but with having all the hotels and transportation booked for you. Very well organised. I highly recommend it.Show detailed ratings
- SMStuartWritten on May 4, 20172.0 - Rather poorTrip very hectic due to a busy schedule but it did cover the cities very wellShow detailed ratings
- stuartWritten on May 2, 20172.0 - Rather poorThe trip covered everything expected but the cost excessive.You could do the trip yourself at 60% of cost staying in hotels rather than hostelsShow detailed ratings
- VCVanWritten on April 21, 20173.0 - AverageIt is as advertised "self-guided" tour. Japan in itself is an amazing destination, rich in culture, tradition, a mix of new and old, and so much food to try. However, I feel like Bamba Experience could have done much better. 1) I was under the impression that there were would be other travellers with me who signed up with Bamba. As it turns out, there were no one else who signed up for this tour for the dates I signed up for. I wish they had informed me this; a simple thing to do. 2) It didn't seem like this tour was organized by Bamba, as I was greeted by Asahi Travel Service agent. This would have been nice to know also. 3) The tour does include Japan Rail Pass, which is an amazing pass for visitors which includes the bullet train, local transit and a few sight seeing tours. The issue I have is that getting from the bullet train station to the hostels I was given Google Maps printouts which suggested that I should take public transit and pay out of pocket. However Japan Rail has extensive public transit networks in many cities beyond just bullet trains, which I could have used and saved some money. 4) Being a first-time traveller to Japan, it would have been nice if Bamba Experiene or Asahi Travel Services would have given more information on Japan Rail Pass, and renting pocket wifi. This is an essential tool for first-time travellers. There are 2 bullet trains that are not available to JR pass holders, also not all bullet trains have meals on board, so you should plan to carry snacks or buy bento boxes at the stations. 5) The experience is as exactly as described: self-guided. However, I wouldn't recommend this tour as it is very rushed from one place to another, without being able to take in the culture and explore. 6) Some information about the hostels would have been nice. Some hostels do not let you check-in until 4pm, and you cannot even leave your backpack with them until that time. I didn't mind carrying a backpack around the city, but this would have been useful information to plan my day. Other hostels do not let you check out until 6am, which can affect your plans if you were planning on catching the 6am bullet train. 7) A map highlighting attractions and landmarks of each city would have been nice to have. I know it is a self-guided tour, but when booking with an agency I would expect some guidance/suggestions. The good things about this tour is that all your hostel bookings are taken care of, the Japan Rail Pass is reserved for you. I had good experience at all the hostels, they were very clean, and the staff very friendly.Show detailed ratings
- EEllieWritten on April 19, 20171.0 - BadBamba tour is AWFUL! Booking the tour with them was the worst thing I have ever done! Upon arrival, I was picked up with tour agent at airport. He handed me a folder full of papers which were supposed to be directions to hotels in each cities as well as 7 Days Japan Rail Pass! It took us 3+ hours to get to hostel by train and bus!!! The tour agent himself wasn't able to find the hostel reading the direction! And had to ask locals few times!!!! The directions are like this: Exit the station (note: some stations in Japan have more than 10 exits!) Cross the road Turn right cross the road Walk 700 meters (or 10 min) Turn left Cross the road Cross the road Turn right Taaaaa daaaaaa hostel is there! No street names! No maps!!! Good luck finding the hostels! Half way through the trip we threw all those papers away as they were totally useless and we had to ask police men, information centre,... for directions!!!! In couple of cities we arrived to hostel and found out, they haven't paid for accommodations, hence our booking was not finalised!!!! Had to call them and have them to sort it out with hostel receptions! The hostels are the worst and cheapest in all major cities! Dorms are big saloons with 30+, 2 stories bed (metal ones) seperated by old clothes as curtains! and mixed genders! There are only 3 tiny showers for the entire hostel and 3 sinks in the middle of hall way or ground floor! Believe me, the accomodation is more like temporary accomodation for homeless people rather than hostels! I don't believe they have spent more than $200 on all accomodations ( checked the nightly price at few of those hostels). You can book far better accomodation on your own with the price they charge for this tour!!!! Over all, I am very disappointed of Bamba tour and won't recommend it to anyone.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6
- Day 7
- Day 8
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Average by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Bamba Experience in Asia
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
- Happy World Adventures - Bamba Experience
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Can we upgrade the train pass?
There may be options to upgrade the train pass, please contact our Travel Experts for more information.
Where is the meeting location?
The meet and greet on Day 1 will be at the Tokyo Airport, and we do advise you to meet everybody there. However, if you would rather meet up at the accommodation then this can be arranged.
Will there be a tour guide?
An independent tour means that the tour is unescorted and you will likely not be travelling in a group.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Carlos4th June 2018
Japan Highlights 8D/7N
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- SaturdayAug 18, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- MondayAug 20, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysMondayAug 27, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- TuesdayAug 21, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysTuesdayAug 28, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- WednesdayAug 22, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysWednesdayAug 29, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- ThursdayAug 23, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysThursdayAug 30, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- SaturdayAug 25, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSaturdaySep 1, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Tokyo8 DaysMondaySep 3, 2018to Tokyo10+ seats left$43USD $1,400Based on Hostel Dorm
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in Tokyo.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 30% to confirm this Bamba Experience booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 October 2018 the full payment of $1,400 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1400 for Japan Highlights 8D/7N, but the deposit of 30% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Bamba Experience will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Bamba Experience tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 115 km
- Fuji (Japan)
- 33 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 298 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 311 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 281 km
- Osaka (Japan)
- 402 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,400 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,352 tours in Asia
- covered by 252 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Japan Highlights 8D/7N via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Highlights 8D/7N