Down Under Discovery
- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 5 to 80
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Mount Cook
- Milford Sound
- Alice Springs
- Great Barrier Reef
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
- Day 2: AUCKLAND
- Day 3: AUCKLAND–WAITOMO–ROTORUA
- Day 4: ROTORUA
- Day 5: ROTORUA–CHRISTCHURCH–MOUNT COOK
- Day 6: MOUNT COOK–QUEENSTOWN
- Day 7: QUEENSTOWN. EXCURSION TO MILFORD SOUND
- Day 8: QUEENSTOWN
- Day 9: QUEENSTOWN–MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA
- Day 10: MELBOURNE
- Day 11: MELBOURNE
- Day 12: MELBOURNE–ALICE SPRINGS
- Day 13: ALICE SPRINGS–ULURU (AYERS ROCK)
- Day 14: ULURU–CAIRNS
- Day 15: CAIRNS. EXCURSION TO THE OUTER GREAT BARRIER REEF
- Day 16: CAIRNS
- Day 17: CAIRNS–SYDNEY
- Day 18: SYDNEY
- Day 19: SYDNEY
- Day 20: SYDNEY
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Globus
It began more than 90 years ago, when a young man purchased a boat to transport visitors across Lake Lugano, Switzerland. Who would have thought that this single boat would launch one of the world's leading travel companies? Today, the Globus family of brands is a global company reaching every corner of the world, yet remains family-owned and steeped in the values Antonio Mantegazza had when he set out across Lake Lugano in 1928 - to enlighten travelers by showing them the very best of the destinations we know so well. At Globus, we create first-class escorted tours with just the right balance of included features & free time. We’re all about hidden gems, not hidden charges. We throw in more visits, toss in more experiences & include more sightseeing, all in the price of the vacation.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingAverage
- GuideRather poor
- MSMaria· December 15th, 2022Gets to the main places but not the best planned tour. Very compressed timelines for the trip, leave you feeling rushed through many destinations. Sometimes not even enough time to eat, or no place. No suggestions or prep from guide. And yet, there's a... Show moreTrip date: September 2022
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Friday14 Apr, 2023Wednesday3 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$7,269+ $1,498Internal Airfare
- Friday5 May, 2023Wednesday24 May, 2023EnglishBased on Double RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$6,599+ $1,498Internal Airfare
- Friday8 Sep, 2023Wednesday27 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$6,739+ $1,498Internal Airfare0% Interest Instalments
- Friday15 Sep, 2023Wednesday4 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$6,739+ $1,498Internal Airfare0% Interest Instalments
- Friday22 Sep, 2023Wednesday11 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$6,739+ $1,498Internal Airfare0% Interest Instalments
- Friday29 Sep, 2023Wednesday18 Oct, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$6,739+ $1,498Internal Airfare0% Interest Instalments
- Friday13 Oct, 2023Wednesday1 Nov, 2023EnglishBased on Double RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$7,409+ $1,498Internal Airfare
- Friday27 Oct, 2023Wednesday15 Nov, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$6,799+ $1,498Internal Airfare0% Interest Instalments
- Friday3 Nov, 2023Wednesday22 Nov, 2023EnglishBased on Double RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$6,909+ $1,498Internal Airfare
- Friday12 Jan, 2024Wednesday31 Jan, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$7,039+ $1,574Internal Airfare0% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the average size of group?
The average group size of this tour is just 36 travelers.
Good to Know
- Australian DollarAustralia
- New Zealand DollarNew Zealand
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, South Africa you will need an adaptor for type I.
- Type INew Zealand and Australia
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an infected area for Australia. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Australia. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 12th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 12th, 2023, a minimum payment of $250 is required to confirm your booking with Globus. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 50 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Globus will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Globus" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Australia/Oceania
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Australia/Oceania from Auckland
- Australia/oceania In-depth Cultural
- 20 days Australia/oceania
- From Auckland to Sydney
- Operators in Australia/Oceania
- Down Under Discovery Tours in In-depth Cultural
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Australia/Oceania Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Family Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- New Zealand tours
- Australia tours