Contrasts of Switzerland 2019
- Our saving
- US $ 3,038
- Orientation of Zurich, St. Moritz, Zermatt
- Visit Interlaken
- View the Matterhorn and Jungfrau mountains
- View the Jet d'Eau in Geneva
- Age range
- 5 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Travel style
- Train & Rail, Discovery
- Rather Poor
- DPDonaldWritten on September 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe think the tour of Switzerland using the train system is the best way to see the beauty of the country. It's efficient and faster and more direct than driving or taking a bus. Our guide, Stephanie Bahr was outstanding and made the tour a great and informative experience. Our group of 48 was a very workable size and composed of wonderful people from the US, Australia, New Zealand and England. The pleasant disposition of all of them was an additional highlight of this trip. Trafalgar does a very thorough job organizing the entire experience.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Zurich
- Day 2: Zurich – St. Moritz
- Day 3: St. Moritz – Glacier Express – Zermatt (2 Nights)
- Day 4: Zermatt Orientation
- Day 5: Zermatt – Geneva Orientation
- Day 6: Geneva – Interlaken – Lucerne (2 Nights)
- Day 7: Lucerne Orientation
- Day 8: Lucerne – Depart Zurich
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Western Europe Travel Guide
- Love Travel?
- Travel Today Sustain Tomorrow
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour ends after breakfast at Astoria in Lucerne, where train transfers are provided to Zurich airport at 8 am. It's time to say a fond farewell to Switzerland and your newfound friends, at the end of an unforgettable tour! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
Day 1 of this tour is an arrivals day, which means that you can arrive at Radisson Blu in Zurich anytime during the day. Explore Zurich's mix of ancient heritage and modern energy during your orientation tour before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers in the evening for a Welcome Reception. Please be aware that the meeting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
When you arrive in Zurich, Hotel Radisson Blu is only a short walk from the airport terminal so transfers will not be provided. For your departure from Lucerne to Zurich Airport your Travel Director will give you tickets for the short train journey, which can be used at your convenience for the onward journey. The departure train transfer leaves at 8 am on the last day of the tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Contrasts of Switzerland 2019
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to Zurich10+ seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayApr 21, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Zurich9 seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayApr 28, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayMay 5, 2019to Zurich7 seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayMay 12, 2019to Zurich7 seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayMay 12, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayMay 19, 2019to Zurich10+ seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayMay 26, 2019to Zurich9 seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayMay 26, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayJun 2, 2019to Zurich10+ seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayJun 9, 2019to Zurich7 seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayJun 9, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayJun 16, 2019to Zurich7 seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Zurich8 DaysSundayJun 23, 2019to Zurich9 seats left$338$3,375-10%USD $3,038
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Zurich.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Trafalgar to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Trafalgar booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 December 2018 the full payment of $3,038 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3038 for Contrasts of Switzerland 2019, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trafalgar tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Zurich (Switzerland)
- 138 km
- St Moritz (Switzerland)
- 169 km
- Zermatt (Switzerland)
- 125 km
- Geneva (Switzerland)
- 143 km
- Interlaken (Switzerland)
- 53 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 39 km
- Zurich (Switzerland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,038 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,374 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Contrasts of Switzerland 2019