Realm of the Polar Bear
- Our saving
- US $ 3,412
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- +2 Destinations
- Arctic / North Pole
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Longyearbyen/Spitsbergen (1D)
- Days 2-7 Spitsbergen
- Day 8 Spitsbergen/Longyearbyen (1B)
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
G Adventures Ship
- G ExpeditionNot only will the G Expedition steer you closer to some of our planet’s most amazing places, our professional and highly-skilled tea… Read moreBuilt1972 (refurbished in 2009)Guests134Crew69Length105 m / 344 ftStaterooms67Gross Tonnage6334 gtBeam19 m / 62 ftCruising Speed15 kn / 28 kph / 17 mphDraft4.71
- Rather Poor
- LaurenWritten on July 13, 20195.0 - Excellent
Can not praise or recommend the trip enough! I was blown away by the quality of accommodation, food, and service. All the staff were friendly and willing to help with whatever they could; a special mention must be made to the catering/bar staff - the best... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewSo happy you enjoyed this experience Lauren - thanks for choosing us, and thanks for the review.Review collected by G Adventures
- EliWritten on September 16, 20165.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
After having been to stunning Antarctica with the G Expedition, I never expected the Arctic to be as beautiful and diverse as it was. BUT I have to admit this trip totally blew me away! Driving though the pack ice spotting a polar bear eating a seal,... Read more
- VTVikrantWritten on July 11, 20151.0 - Bad
We were very disappointed with our Svalbard trip with G-Adventures. As per their marketing materials, the focus of the trip was supposed to be on nature and wildlife, whereas arctic history was supposed to be covered in lectures on board the ship.... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewDear Vikrant, My name is Lyndon File, and I am the Manager of our Customer Experience team here with G Adventures. Firstly, I am sorry the experience was not what you - and I suspect all travellers onboard - had hopped. Obviously, anyone who signs up for a tour entitled ‘The Realm of the Polar Bear’ would have reasonable expectations that they would see a Polar Bear to two. This trip is also on my bucket list, so I can absolutely understand the sense of disappointment when no bears were sighted over the duration of this cruise. I am sorry for this, and I am sorry if this has tainted your view of our company. I have reports from the ship, and the Expedition Team that every effort was made to spot bears. This includes, but is not limited to, visiting spots where other sightings had recently occurred, constant radio contact with other boats about their spotting efforts, and having a watch in place whenever the vessel was in reasonable bear territory. Despite all of this, nature conspired against us all, and no bears were to be seen. If I understand the above correctly, it seems that the main issue is that the itinerary spent time looking at historical sites, rather than patrolling possible bear areas. The reason for this is two-fold: 1) There are other travellers onboard who have a diverse range of interests. These interests are not 100% focused on Polar Bears, and the Expedition team took advantage of local sites of interest to accommodate a range of interests onboard. 2) Polar Bears are everywhere in Svalbard. In fact, there were fresh bear tracks cited near one of the historical places visited. Unfortunately, nature did not co-operate with our timeline, and the bear was nowhere to be seen. I am sorry that there were no Polar Bears seen on this trip. Clearly, it must come as a disappointment to all onboard - including our staff. Despite this, I have every confidence the team onboard did everything in their power to provide a memorable experience for all onboard. It would seem nature just didn't co-operate on this occasion.
- SMSzeWritten on June 30, 20143.0 - Average
Realm of the Polar Bears with G Adventure - they were so unorganized before getting us onboard. On the FlyBuss Voucher (a transportation voucher from Longyearbyen Airport to Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen), it's written "Please present this voucher... Read moreShow detailed ratingsG Adventures commented on this reviewMy name is Lyndon File, and I am the Manager of our Customer Experience team here with G Adventures. It concerns me greatly that these difficulties occurred at the beginning of a trip of a lifetime. On behalf of over one thousand people who work so hard to make this company great every day, I apologize. The difficulties encountered should never have occurred - however they did. We have used the Flybus service for some time in Spitsbergen without incident. However this episode has shone a light on the fact that the wording on our voucher is indeed lacking in this area. Subsequent to this event, we have included several sentences on the documentation that clearly explains the service and how to use the voucher. In regard to the hotel change, I can see in our reservation system we did communicate the hotel change on the 3rd of April to the travel agent. I can only assume this e-mail did not make it to your attention and resulted in the disappointment and frustration experienced here. We refunded the cost of the taxi between the two hotels onboard. In the interests of doing the right thing here, I have processed a refund for the first nights accommodation. I was thrilled that you enjoyed their time onboard the MS Expedition, and these initial hiccups.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the accommodation like?
The price shown in our website is for the lowest cabin category - Category A1 (Quad share) - all the cabins will have en-suite bathrooms and porthole or window.
- Why Travel With G Adventures?
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Chelsea20th February 2019
Realm of the Polar Bear
- WednesdayJul 24, 2019from Svalbard8 DaysWednesdayJul 31, 2019to Longyearbyen10+ seats left G ExpeditionG Expedition$1,205$4,549-25%USD $3,412
- FridayJun 12, 2020from Svalbard8 DaysFridayJun 19, 2020to Longyearbyen10+ seats left$88USD $4,399
- FridayJun 19, 2020from Svalbard8 DaysFridayJun 26, 2020to Longyearbyen10+ seats left$88USD $4,399
- MondayJul 6, 2020from Svalbard8 DaysMondayJul 13, 2020to Longyearbyen10+ seats left$92USD $4,599
- ThursdayJul 23, 2020from Svalbard8 DaysThursdayJul 30, 2020to Longyearbyen10+ seats left$100USD $4,999
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- KroneNorway and Svalbard
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Svalbard is the starting point and Longyearbyen is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 September 2019 the full payment of $3,412 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3412 for Realm of the Polar Bear, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Svalbard (Norway)
- 48 km
- Longyearbyen (Svalbard)
- 43 km
- Spitsbergen (Norway)
- 43 km
- Longyearbyen (Svalbard)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,412 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 11,887 tours in Europe
- covered by 570 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Realm of the Polar Bear