Costa Rica Experience
- Tour Operator:
- Intrepid Travel
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 15 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Visit the most famous volcano - Arenal
- Wander the markets of San Jose
- Join a Mangrove tour by kayak
- Walking tour through the Monteverde National Park
- Day 1: San Jose
- Day 2: Santa Rosa de Pocosol
- Day 3: La Fortuna
- Day 4: Monteverde
- Day 5: Monteverde
- Day 6: Quepos
- Day 7: Quepos - Manuel Antonio NP
- Day 8: San Jose
- Day 9: San Jose
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by Intrepid Travel
Back in 1989, two guys from Melbourne, Australia by the names of Darrell and Manch set off on an adventure to the other side of the world. They travelled to Africa and without air conditioning on their modified truck, they filled it with supplies, some beer, a bunch of aviator sunglasses, and some friends. On that trip, they came up with the idea that perhaps others may be interested in this style of travel too. Just like that, Intrepid was born. Intrepid has come a long way since then, now giving over 100,000 travelers a year the opportunity to experience small group travel across all 7 continents. They use local transport, sleep in local accommodation from Cambodian stilt houses to Moroccan riads, and employ 100% local leaders. With three different travel styles including basix, original and comfort, themes ranging from cycling trips to family holidays, and itineraries crafted with the perfect balance of must-see sights and free time, Intrepid caters to every type of traveller no matter their age, budget or travel style. The company has grown but their mission remains the same: to change the way people see the world through sustainable, experience-rich travelRead more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Deepa· December 19th, 2022Great trip with Lauren and our group was excellent. Had a great time visiting beautiful CR where out travel guide Lauren had every thing organized to the last detail. Would recommend this trip 100% with LaurenIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Deepa, thanks for leaving such a lovely review. We're glad that you had an excellent time exploring Costa Rica with us, and that Lauren's organisation was superb. Incredible leadership and passion for their region are key qualities of our leaders... Show moreTrip date: December 2022
- CRChantal· May 17th, 2022Trip was simply Excellent trip with an amazing guide “Imalay”. Her knowledge and respect about culture and biodiversity is outstanding. Her care and attention to all our needs is beyond anyone expectations. I had a blast!Intrepid Travel commented on this reviewHello Chantal! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Costa Rica with Imalay. We're so proud of the passion and knowledge of our local leaders, and we're glad to hear that was your experience too. Costa Rica is such an incredible... Show moreTrip date: April 2022
- bethany· May 10th, 2022Raf our guide outstandingIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewThank you for your review, Bethany! We're so glad to read you enjoyed your time exploring Costa Rica with Raf and hope we can look forward to welcoming you on another adventure sometime soon.Trip date: April 2022
- MCMichael· April 14th, 2022Tour Radar was a great resource for getting my wife and me directed to an "age and ability" appropriate tour of Costa Rica. We were able to review various offerings and decided on a 9-day guided excursion. The description in the brochure was accurate... Show moreTrip date: February 2022
- Sandra· April 7th, 2022Our tour guide Rafael is a fantastic tour guide who ensured we were all informed of all the options and highlights to see and do in all our stops. The tour was great in that it covered off hightlights of Costa Rica I was not exposed to before. We had a... Show moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Sandra – thank you for taking the time to leave us this lovely review! We’ll make sure your comments are passed on to our wonderful team in Central America, especially to your Tour Leader, Rafael. Our local leaders are at the heart of everything that... Show moreTrip date: March 2022
- NRNeeharika· March 18th, 2022The itinerary is the best part of this tour. Many activities and places in those few days. The guide/leader was good. Most of the meals are not included in the cost of trip and also you’ll end up paying a good amount for the activities I’d have given... Show moreIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Neeharika – thank you for leaving us review! It’s amazing to read how much you enjoyed the variety of landscapes, nature and activities on offer in beautiful Costa Rica. Travel is always an adventure and, as things reopen, there are a few challenges... Show moreTrip date: February 2022
- SHStephaan· January 11th, 2022The tour was amazing and covered a diversity of areas and experiences to provide a great overview of the country. And our tour guide was excellent: friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating, going above and beyond.Intrepid Travel commented on this reviewThanks Stephaan for this gorgeous review. We’re so pleased you enjoyed your time exploring the beautiful region of Costa Rica. We’ll be sure to share your feedback with your Tour Leader, Edson. Can’t wait to welcome you on another adventure soon!Trip date: January 2022
- LPLéa· December 26th, 2020Good trip with a good guide !Intrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Léa, thanks for your review! We are glad to hear you loved your trip and your guide!Trip date: December 2020
- SLSarah· February 4th, 2020This was a really enjoyable tour. Although it was only 9 days long, with days 1 and 9 being arrival and departure days, we managed to pack quite a bit in. The tour group was limited to 12 people which meant we had opportunity to get to know one another.... Show moreTrip date: January 2020
- ASavannah H· September 18th, 2019This trip was the best trip i have ever been on in my entire life, i wish it could have been longer, i learned so many new things & the best tour guide we could have had!Trip date: January 2019Review collected by Intrepid Travel
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Monday3 Apr, 2023Tuesday11 Apr, 2023EnglishBased on Twin RoomSee Similar Tours For These Dates$1,705
- On RequestSaturday8 Apr, 2023Sunday16 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,545
- -10%On RequestMonday10 Apr, 2023Tuesday18 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,515$1,363
- -10%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday15 Apr, 2023Sunday23 Apr, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,560$1,404
- Get Instant ConfirmationMonday24 Apr, 2023Tuesday2 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,630
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday6 May, 2023Sunday14 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,575
- -10%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday13 May, 2023Sunday21 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,430$1,287
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday20 May, 2023Sunday28 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,575
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday3 Jun, 2023Sunday11 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,400Only Pay $99 Deposit
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday17 Jun, 2023Sunday25 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,510Only Pay $99 Deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Costa Rican ColonCosta Rica
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B.
- Type ACosta Rica
- Type BCosta Rica
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Costa Rica. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Costa Rica. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before May 29th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after May 29th, 2023, a minimum payment of $400 is required to confirm your booking with Intrepid Travel. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 60 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intrepid Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Intrepid Travel" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Costa Rica
- Costa Rica Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Best 7 Day Costa Rica Itineraries 2023/2024 (with Reviews)
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies & Tour Operators
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Costa Rica from San Jose
- Costa rica In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 9 days Costa rica
- Operators in Latin America
- Costa Rica Experience Tours in Costa Rica
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Costa Rica Tours
- Latin America Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Explorer Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Costa Rica tours