Tru Thailand Experience
- Our saving
- US $ 735
- Take a cruise on Chao Phraya River
- Visits Bangkok’s historic temples
- Party in Koh Phangan
- Learn the art of Muay Thai
- Age range
- 18 to 38 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport
- Rather Poor
- LLucyWritten on March 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe trip was so much more than I expected! I had the best time island hopping Thailand and was made even better by spending it with a great group of people! The accommodation was always of a good standard and sometimes more luxurious than we expected! The tour guides were the absolute best and made this trip! They did their best to make sure everyone was having fun and enabled people to make the most of their trip! They acted as though they were a part of our group whilst still ensuring we were where we needed to be!Show detailed ratings
- BTBindiyaWritten on March 12, 20183.5 - GoodThis was my first tour and I had an amazing experience. My tour guides were Ben and Freddie, they both worked great together. Ben had the cultural knowledge, speaks the local language and helped us organise the journey back to Bangkok after the tour had finished. Freddie was very knowledgeable about the country, he kept the group well informed with the itinerary, was always making sure he was doing what the group wanted e.g. some people would want to head out for the night, Freddie would accompany the group, knew the local places to go and would always ensure we had a good night! There are early starts to the tour but I found this to be a great thing as we would reach the next destination by lunch time and had time to relax. Although everyday consists of different activities the tour also provides time to relax and venture off alone if wanted. The group was a mix of people from various places around the world, the tour guides made the effort to make sure everyone felt welcome and interacted. I would definitely travel with Tru Travels again and highly recommend the experience.Show detailed ratings
- PFPeterWritten on March 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentA truly amazing experience with Tina, Ali (Sarayuth) and Oneway (Phatsada) in Thailand! It was my first time travelling away on mine and these guys made it a truly unforgettable experience! Over the 12 days, everything was well organised and the tour guides were always at hand for your every need. It was an emotional goodbye to everyone and only wished I could have stayed longer to finish the entire tour with everybody. If you get any one these guys, you're in for a great holiday!Show detailed ratings
- CDChristopherWritten on March 9, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad such an amazing time in Thailand on this tour through Tru Travels. I'm not a big tour guy, usually like to go about a trip on my own, but this tour was actually amazing. Our tour leader was Freddie Speak, I guessed he was much older than he actually was, a very mature and confident tour leader, he was on top of everything and made my trip one of the best ones I've ever had. Freddie made sure we all had a great time and made sure we also had many great laughs, I recommend tru travels to anyone looking for a tour company and especially recommend having Freddie as your tour leader, A+ Freddie, exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. Thanks very much for making my trip one I'll never forget. Met great people and everyone in our group was ready and willing to explore Thailand, awesome work guys.Show detailed ratings
- NPNatashaWritten on March 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad the BEST time! Best tour I've been on in terms of chemistry between people on the tour - everyone was so down to earth and down to participate in all events. Good comradery, fun atmosphere, very inclusive. So many fun events planned. I think the good energy was facilitated by the tour guides. BEST TOUR GUIDES EVER. They were so involved and extremely hands on. Freddy was hilarious, always making jokes, making everyone feel comfortable and always so helpful making sure everyone was good, accounted for, taken care of, and involved. He really motivated people to get involved in activities by being the first to participate himself. Ben was knowledgeable about Thai culture (for obvious reasons), but was also so fun loving and friendly with everyone. I got sick and had to stay in from dinner, both Freddy and Ben came to check up. Everyone from TruTravels was so genuine and were so keen on making the experience a memorable one for us. Would definitely do another tour with the company! Thanks for everythingShow detailed ratings
- DDeniseWritten on March 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe did a 8-day tour through south thailand with Tina, Alli and One Way. The tour was amazing... we felt all time safe, everytime perfect organized and we had a lot of fun together! It was a very good mix of get to know the thai cultural, seeing many so beautiful spots we wouldn‘t have seen without them and having some great beachpartys with some amazing people. The accommodations have been all the time nice, maybe sometimes a little adventurous but that’s what makes memories. We traveled as a couple and they made sure that we got at every place a private double room for some privacy. We can recommend this trip to everyone who want to see a little more then it would be possible to experience on their own. And again the tour guides Tina, Alli (whoop, whoop) and One Way are just amazing! :)) xX 5555Show detailed ratings
- VVeronicaWritten on March 6, 20183.0 - AverageFreddie is the best tour guide ever, made my experience amazing. Thank youShow detailed ratings
- SBSarahWritten on March 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentHad an absolute blast on this tour! Couldn't fault the accomodation, was always clean and comfortable, the travelling went smoothly with no problems! Got to see and experience a variety of beautiful beaches, activities and some of the most beautiful scenery anyone could wish for! Couldn't of asked for better tour guides... Straight from go, Benmore and Freddie were welcoming, informative, enthusiastic and always getting involved in group activities and genuinely became not just tour guides but great friends to the group! Will miss these guys alot! This was Freddies first tour and he absolutely nailed it! If your looking to see and experience some of thailands beauty.. This tour will not disappoint!Show detailed ratings
- INIanWritten on March 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe just completed an eight day of Thailand with Itchy and Papsi and they were awesome guides!! I would recommend them to anyone. The accommodation and organisation of transport was always first class and they made sure everyone on the tour was included and enjoying themselves. Their knowledge of local areas was always helpful when deciding on what to do and even after the tour ended they still offered to help with transport and give ideas of what to do at your future Thailand destinations. A 10/10 experience!!Show detailed ratings
- AMAndrewWritten on March 1, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe did the 8 day Southern tour after the 14 day Northern tour. The 2 tours were completely different...The southern tour offered the chance to relax in the most stunning scenery imaginable as opposed to the activity focused Northern tour...and it was hotterShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Day 1: Airport pick up, meet & greet
Start point Mango Lagoon Place, 30 Phra Athit Rd, Chana Songkhram, Phra Nakhon, Bangkok 10200, Thailand 19:00
- Day 2: Bangkok River Cruise & Temples
- Day 3: Thai Massage & Overnight Train
- Day 4: Khao Sok National Park
- Day 5: Bottle Beach, Koh Phangan
- Day 6: Muay Thai Lesson
- Day 7: Boat trip, Farewell dinner & Beach party
Day 8: Check out
End point Echo Hostel, 30 Ban Tai, Ko Pha-ngan District, Surat Thani 84280, Thailand 12:00
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- TruTravels 8 day Thailand Experience
- Why Travel with TruTravels?
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
How long does it take from Kho Phangan to Bangkok? And what transportation is used?
Getting back to Bangkok from Koh Phangan takes around 12 hours, by bus or by train. So I would recommend booking your flight the day after the tour ends.
- April 1, 2017
The end location is Koh Phangan but I cant find any airport near there. How do I fly back to the US?
If you are in a rush to get back to the states you can fly from Koh Samui to Bankok then back home.
- March 1, 2017
What kind of accommodation is included on this tour?
The accommodation for this trip is made in twin share private rooms.
Guides who have led this tour
- "What's up! My name is Colin, residing from Canada I came out to escape the cold and explore Thailand..."
- "Wassssup guys I'm Dave ! I'm big hairy and tattooed and loving taking you lot around awesome new places..."
- "Sawaddee Krab, how we say in Thailand for “Hello” My name is Mickey. I graduated 2011 from Rajamangala..."
- "Northern California born and raised! My love for this planet and the people on it made me leave the corporate..."
- "Leaving jolly ol' London at the tender age of 19 i embarked on what was meant to be a 12 month trip,..."
- "I'm tour guide Barbie (fo' real) and I try my best to carpe each and every diem. An overachiever of sorts,..."
- "I'm just a simple island guy. Always down to share happiness where it's available. To enjoy what I do..."
- "I'm a fun loving guy and I always try my best to make everyone's experience unique, I often get asked..."
- "I joined the army at 16 after 5 long years in its system, i escaped with a different outlook on the world..."
- "I have been working as a tour guide for almost 7 years now and recently work for Trutravels. Travelling..."
- "Hi!!! My name is Minnie! I'm a tour guide from Thailand and I love showing you guys the most amazing..."
- "Hi! I'm Ben, I'm 29 and am an original Thai girl; I know I am as beautiful as my country ;) I am a local..."
- "Hi guys! I'm Papsi. The tour guide is my dream. I'm friendly, funny, and sexy man. "
- "Hi guys! I'm Gun! Welcome to the beautiful country of Thailand, the country I was born! I love to sing..."
- "Heyoooo I'm Drew from Ottawa, Canada. I've had the pleasure or working for TruTravels just under 2 years..."
- "Hey! I'm from Rhode Island, the smallest state in the USA! I have lived in Vegas and Australia; and traveled..."
- "Hey ya all! Welcome to Thailand! My name is Tamara, coming from the Country of cheese and clogs, The..."
- "Hey y'all! My Name is Alanna and I am from the U S of A. I quickly realized that the 9 - 5 life wasn't..."
- "Hey guys! I'm Tina, 22 years old, born and raised in Paris. I've decided to leave France and experience..."
- "Hey guys! I am a happy guy all of the time and I love being with people who want to enjoy their time..."
- "Hey guys I'm Alex, I'm a typical Welsh lad and can definitely promise you'll have a good time on my tours!..."
- "Hey everyone! My name's Ben and I'm a tour guide at TruTravels. I've spent the best part of the last..."
- "Hey I'm Freddie, I'm an easy going guy from England, and I'll give 100% to make sure everyone has an..."
- "Hello travellers! My name is Steve. I'm a half Thai, half German tour guide living in Thailand. I grew..."
- "Hello guys, my name is Itchy, 27 years old and I left France in 2011 to become a World Citizen. During..."
- "Fun and fricking awesome!!!"
- "3 years ago I was going through a pretty rough time. My friend from college had moved to China to teach..."
- " I'm 27, one handsome mofo as my mum says with a small umbrella as an earing. I'm a Graphic Designer,..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette13th February 2018
Tru Thailand Experience
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- FridayMar 30, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysFridayApr 6, 2018to Koh Phangan0 seats left$18USD $735
- SundayApr 1, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Koh Phangan0 seats left$18USD $735
- MondayApr 2, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysMondayApr 9, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$18USD $735
- FridayApr 6, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysFridayApr 13, 2018to Koh Phangan0 seats left$18USD $735
- MondayApr 9, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysMondayApr 16, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$18USD $735
- FridayApr 13, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysFridayApr 20, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$18USD $735
- SundayApr 15, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysSundayApr 22, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$18USD $735
- TuesdayApr 17, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysTuesdayApr 24, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$18USD $735
- FridayApr 20, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysFridayApr 27, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$18USD $735
- FridayApr 27, 2018from Bangkok8 DaysFridayMay 4, 2018to Koh Phangan10+ seats left$18USD $735
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Koh Phangan is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this TruTravels booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 May 2018 the full payment of $735 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $735 for Tru Thailand Experience, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and TruTravels will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for TruTravels tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 529 km
- Surat Thani (Thailand)
- 64 km
- Khao Sok National Park (Thailand)
- 162 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $735 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,332 tours in Asia
- covered by 164 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Tru Thailand Experience via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 831 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Tru Thailand Experience