- Our saving
- US $ 4,843
- +4 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Visit the imposing Nijo Castle
- Spot the 120 temples around Koya-san
- Board a bullet train to Nagoya
- Take in history at the Imperial Palace in Chiyoda
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Temple, Chalet
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Boat, Local Transport
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural
- Rather Poor
- LLeelaWritten on April 9, 20174.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
A well thought out itinerary. Packed in a lot in a relatively short time. The weather was colder and wetter than we had expected, nevertheless we managed well. The guide was exceptionally good. She was well informed, thorough and calm. However, Booking... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Kyoto
- Day 2: Kyoto
- Day 3: Kyoto
- Day 4: Koya-san
- Day 5: Hiroshima
- Day 6: Hiroshima
- Day 7: Tsumago
- Day 8: Matsumoto
- Day 9: Tokyo
- Day 10: Tokyo
- Day 11: Tokyo
- Day 12: Tokyo
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Main Page Video
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What is the maximum number of people on this trip
There will be a maximum of 12 travellers per group.
Do you offer flight booking?
We don't book airfare, or advise on this, but a good website to check out might be Skyscanner or Kayak for example.
I would like to see the Cherryblossoms and also the snow monkeys during a trip to Japan. Could you suggest me some tours?
You could check out the following tour suggestions:
Snow monkeys: http://www.tourradar.com/t/53956
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Leslie3rd September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- November 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Kyoto12 DaysWednesdayNov 28, 2018to Tokyo0 seats left$198USD $4,747Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMar 10, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysThursdayMar 21, 2019to Tokyo8 seats left$202USD $4,843
- SundayMar 17, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysThursdayMar 28, 2019to TokyoOnly 3 seats left$214USD $5,131Book Now Hold my
- SundayMar 24, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysThursdayApr 4, 2019to Tokyo0 seats left$222USD $5,338Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SundayMar 31, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysThursdayApr 11, 2019to Tokyo4 seats left$225USD $5,390Book Now Hold my
- WednesdayApr 3, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysSundayApr 14, 2019to Tokyo10+ seats left$218USD $5,232
- SundayApr 7, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysThursdayApr 18, 2019to Tokyo8 seats left$218USD $5,232
- WednesdayApr 10, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysSundayApr 21, 2019to Tokyo9 seats left$218USD $5,232
- SundayApr 14, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysThursdayApr 25, 2019to Tokyo8 seats left$218USD $5,232
- WednesdayApr 17, 2019from Kyoto12 DaysSundayApr 28, 2019to Tokyo7 seats left$210USD $5,035
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Kyoto is the starting point and Tokyo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 January 2019 the full payment of $4,843 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4843 for Classic Japan, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 91 km
- Koya-san (Japan)
- 288 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 487 km
- Tsumago (Japan)
- 81 km
- Matsumoto (Japan)
- 169 km
- Tokyo (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,843 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,370 tours in Asia
- covered by 341 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classic Japan
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers