Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages
- Tour Operator:
- G Adventures
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 18 to 39
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Chiang Mai
- Thailand street food crawl
- Trek the northern Thailand hills
- Build a bamboo raft
- Farewells in Bangkok
- Day 1 Bangkok
- Day 2 Bangkok/Chiang Mai (1B)
- Day 3 Chiang Mai
- Day 4 Chiang Mai/Ban Mae Jok (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 5 Ban Mae Jok/Pa Khao Lam (1B, 1L, 1D)
- Day 6 Pa Khao Lam/Chiang Mai (1B, 1L)
- Day 7 Chiang Mai/Bangkok (1B)
- Day 8 Bangkok
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
Operated by G Adventures
G Adventures gives you the opportunity to explore interesting and unusual places at a great price. The G Adventures reviews show high ratings from satisfied customers for all aspects of the trip, so you can be assured that you will be in good hands. If you have any questions at any time during your trip, 24 hour support is offered, so there will always be someone to answer your queries. There are various styles of trip on offer to cater for different tastes, along with a wide range of destinations and departure dates. If you look at the G Adventures reviews you will see that you can travel far and wide, with enthusiastic and helpful guides to assist you during your trip.Read more
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AHafrun Aegisdottir· June 24th, 2022A great life experience where you meet new great people, learn about different cultures and might go out of your comfort zone (in a good way)Trip date: June 2022Review collected by G Adventures
- AMegan Brophy· June 24th, 2022Overall a great experience, I made some amazing friends and Su was a lovely guide!Trip date: June 2022Review collected by G Adventures
- SSarah· November 17th, 2019Had a fab time, Nan made everything much better!Trip date: November 2019
- NNiloofar· July 22nd, 2019There are a few things which were disappointing about this tour. 1. The accommodation in Bangkok was poorly chosen - location was not great, and it was a dorm- style bedding, 6 to a room based on gender, with communal outside toilets/showers. No soap... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the review Niloofar, and our apologies some things didn't live up to your expectations here. We will review how we can be better.Trip date: June 2019
- Korynn· June 22nd, 2019Great tour, trekking, guide was fantastic!G Adventures commented on this reviewYES! Thanks Korynn.Trip date: June 2019
- SAshawn· June 21st, 2019Samart knows the Villages, he is super funny and has brilliant energy. We love him.G Adventures commented on this reviewAs do we - thanks for sharing Shawn.Trip date: June 2019
- Laura· April 16th, 2019I am so glad we had Sunni as our tour guide. He was amazing and organised the additional activities best suited for the group. He was very informative, friendly and passionate about his country. I think he had a good balance with the amount of time he... Show moreG Adventures commented on this reviewHappy to hear it, thanks Laura.Trip date: April 2019
- AKasper V· November 2nd, 2018The atmosphere of the kind of travelingTrip date: October 2018Review collected by G Adventures
- ARike L· October 1st, 2018I really enjoyed it! Depends on the destination though, there are a number of places I would rather travel to independently without having everything organized, plus it's not the cheapest way to travel.Trip date: September 2018Review collected by G Adventures
- ABentje V· September 27th, 2018This tour was amazing! The tourguide was so nice and helpful! And seeing the villages was an experience and so interesting! I would definitly recommened the tour and the tourguide Prasit was just amazing and made the tour even better. I am very grateful... Show moreTrip date: September 2018Review collected by G Adventures
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Thursday15 Jun, 2023Thursday22 Jun, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$799
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday17 Jun, 2023Saturday24 Jun, 2023English$799
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday22 Jun, 2023Thursday29 Jun, 2023English$799
- -35%Get Instant ConfirmationThursday29 Jun, 2023Thursday6 Jul, 2023English$799$519
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday1 Jul, 2023Saturday8 Jul, 2023English$799
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday6 Jul, 2023Thursday13 Jul, 2023English$799
- Thursday13 Jul, 2023Thursday20 Jul, 2023EnglishSee Similar Tours For These Dates$799
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday15 Jul, 2023Saturday22 Jul, 2023English$799
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday20 Jul, 2023Thursday27 Jul, 2023English$799Book With Flexibility
- -30%Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday22 Jul, 2023Saturday29 Jul, 2023English$799$559Book With Flexibility
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the price of this tour, however you can pay for an arrival transfer in advance. In this case a tour operator representative will be at the airport to greet you. To arrange this please contact our customer service team once you have a confirmed booking.
- Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course we can! If you wish to arrange additional accommodation then please contact our customer support team once you have a confirmed booking.
- When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends upon the groups arrival at Bangkok train station, where you can say farewell to your travel companions. This will be on the morning of Day 8.
- Where and when does this tour start and end?
Day 1 of the tour starts in Bangkok. You can arrive in Bangkok at any time before your important Welcome Meeting, which will be held at around 6pm. Get to know your Chief Experience Officer (CEO) and travel companions before heading out for an optional dinner with the group. Please be aware that your joining point hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
- What is the age range?
The age range for this tour is 18 to 39 year olds, as the itinerary is designed to suit this age group. Those outside of this age range are unable to participate in the tour.
G Adventures offer similar options under their Classics style tours, which are designed to suit a wider age group. A great alternative tour would be the "Northern Thailand Experience" which takes a similar route.
- I'm a solo traveller, is there a single supplement?
Solo travellers do not have to pay a single supplement as this is a group trip which includes shared accommodation. Solo travellers joining group trips are paired in twin or multi-share accommodation with someone of the same sex for the duration of the trip. If you would prefer your own private room then you can book the "My Own Room" option for an additional charge, which can be seen on the booking page.
- Is there a hotel list available?
All accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, and your specific accommodation details will be listed in your final trip documents. This is a list of accommodations that the operator will typically use on this tour, but please be advised that they are subject to change:
Bangkok Centre Hotel
Chiang Mai Gate Hotel
Basic overnight train (beds)
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- What is the most appropriate type of luggage to bring?
We strongly recommend bringing a backpack or duffel bag, as suitcases can be cumbersome and difficult to store in buses, under seats, etc.. Keep in mind that you will normally have to carry your own luggage on and off buses and trains and up and down hotel staircases. Suitcases with wheels may not work well on dirt or cobblestone roads.
- Are the flights included?
Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and you need to arrange these separately by yourself once your tour is guaranteed. As we specialise in organising the best tours around the world for you, we are unable to advise on flight prices or book flights on your behalf. If you have not already booked your flights we recommend checking out the following link which is powered by Skyscanner - https://flights.tourradar.com
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F. As a traveller from England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types A, B, C, E, F.
- Type AThailand
- Type BThailand
- Type CThailand
- Type EThailand
- Type FThailand
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Cholera - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever - Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis - Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before July 19th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after July 19th, 2023, a minimum payment of 20% is required to confirm your booking with G Adventures. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 45 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and G Adventures will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "G Adventures" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of G Adventures. Please familiarise yourself with the G Adventures payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Thailand
- Thailand Travel Guide | All You Need to Know
- Two-Week / 14 Days Thailand Itineraries 2023/2024
- 10 Best Cultural Travel Companies
- 10 Best Cultural Experiences in The World 2023/2024
- Thailand from Bangkok
- Thailand In-depth Cultural
- Small group tour
- 8 days Thailand
- Operators in Asia
- Golden Triangle Southeast Asia
- Chiang Mai
- Northern Thailand: Hilltribes & Villages Tours in Thailand
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Golden Triangle Southeast Asia Tours
- In-depth Cultural Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Local Living Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Christmas & New Year Tours
- Northern Thailand
- Golden Triangle Southeast Asia
- Chiang Mai
- Thailand tours