Highlights of Sicily & Southern Italy
- Our saving
- US $ 2,816
- Rather Poor
- ElenaWritten on April 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentOne of the best tour we have being a true Sicilian experience would highly recommend.Show detailed ratings
- CBCharlesWritten on December 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe tour of Southern Italy & Sicily was my first with Globus with my contact in Hamilton, Ontario. Initially there was a problem with a cancelled outgoing flight that I was never notified of and was never corrected until two weeks later. Globus International solved the problem and put me on the direct flight I had been expecting from Toronto to Rome and they paid the difference, but by this time the Air Canada flight was overbooked. I was on a list at the gate. Luckily a young won took AC's offer of a later flight, otherwise I would have missed the scheduled one and started the tour later. This should never happen, and so I'm a bit unhappy at the Globus mix up. The tour from Rome to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Isle of Capri, Puglia, Taormina and Palermo, to name the main stops, was exceptional as was our tour director, Silvio. I took all the extra excursions, which added to the price of the overall trip. And here's where I rant about things that happen with any tour company, hotel, and tipping: Firstly, I travel alone and pay the extra supplement which should provide you with equal treatment, but it doesn't generally turn out that way. You are relegated to lesser quality rooms or ones with twin beds and have to fight for equal access. Secondly, hotels do not particularly like tour groups, although they are often their 'bread and butter'; relegating them to not 'best of class' accommodations and herding us into corners of dining rooms. One hotel was closing down for Dec-Jan after we left and it showed in the less than stellar service. Some European hoteliers are just rude and unhelpful. One other hotel we stayed in had a spa, but we couldn't access it due to our schedule and they made no attempt to accommodate us or apologize for it. All of our hotels however were of very good quality and the breakfast buffet always wide-ranging and fullsome. Thirdly, tipping of tour support staff has become an issue, as it used to be on cruise ships. I don't tip the pilot to fly the plane safely and I shouldn't be made to feel I need to generously tip the bus driver either. Couples are expected to pay x 2, which again adds to the total tour package. Our guide was excellent and deserved tipping, but travellers don't need to be told what is considered an appropriate bonus. Local guides were also excellent, but vacationers should not feel pressured into tipping them as well. The tour is either an all-inclusive or it becomes an open wallet. Our Tour Director, Silvio Cacace was outstanding in caring for our group and dealing with issues professionally. His knowledge of the country was impressive; he had a great sense of humour; could sing, and made us generally very comfortable.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY
- Day 2: ROME–CASTEL GANDOLFO–SORRENTO COAST
- Day 3: SORRENTO COAST. EXCURSION TO CAPRI
- Day 4: SORRENTO COAST. EXCURSION TO POMPEII
- Day 5: SORRENTO COAST–NAPLES–BARI
- Day 6: BARI–LECCE–ALBEROBELLO
- Day 7: ALBEROBELLO
- Day 8: ALBEROBELLO–MATERA–SCILLA–REGGIO CALABRIA
- Day 9: REGGIO CALABRIA–TAORMINA RIVIERA
- Day 10: AT LEISURE IN TAORMINA RIVIERA
- Day 11: AT LEISURE IN TAORMINA RIVIERA
- Day 12: TAORMINA RIVIERA–AGRIGENTO–PALERMO
- Day 13: PALERMO
- Day 14: PALERMO
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Airport transfers are not included in the tour, however, they can be arranged at an additional cost with our customer support team once your booking is confirmed.
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends in Palermo after breakfast on the morning of the last day of the tour. The final hotel will most likely be Grand Hotel Piazza Borsa, however, all accommodations are subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour starts in Rome at the Della Conciliazione hotel, however, please note, all accommodation is subject to change until your final documents are released. The first day is just an arrivals day so you can arrive at any time you wish however at 5pm there is a meeting and a special welcome dinner which you can join in if you wish too.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- James12th May 2018
Highlights of Sicily & Southern Italy
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- SundayJul 29, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdayAug 11, 2018to Palermo0 seats leftUSD $3,289Based on Double Room
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdayAug 25, 2018to PalermoOnly 2 seats leftUSD $3,289Based on Double Room
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdaySep 8, 2018to Palermo10+ seats leftUSD $3,339Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 2, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdaySep 15, 2018to Palermo10+ seats leftUSD $3,389Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 9, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdaySep 22, 2018to Palermo0 seats leftUSD $3,389Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 16, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdaySep 29, 2018to Palermo0 seats leftUSD $3,389Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 23, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdayOct 6, 2018to Palermo10+ seats leftUSD $3,389Based on Double Room
- SundaySep 30, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdayOct 13, 2018to Palermo0 seats leftUSD $3,389Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 7, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdayOct 20, 2018to Palermo10+ seats leftUSD $3,339Based on Double Room
- SundayOct 14, 2018from Rome14 DaysSaturdayOct 27, 2018to Palermo0 seats leftUSD $3,339Based on Double Room
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Rome is the starting point and Palermo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 September 2018 the full payment of $2,816 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2816 for Highlights of Sicily & Southern Italy, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 189 km
- Naples (Italy)
- 26 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 15 km
- Capri (Italy)
- 15 km
- Sorrento (Italy)
- 17 km
- Pompei (Italy)
- 178 km
- Matera (Italy)
- 170 km
- Calabria (Italy)
- 165 km
- Taormina (Italy)
- 162 km
- Agrigento (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,816 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,717 tours in Europe
- covered by 242 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Highlights of Sicily & Southern Italy