- Our saving
- US $ 2,990
- +12 Destinations
- Central Italy
- Step back in time and visit the Colosseum in Rome
- Tantalize your tastebuds with wine tasting and dinner at Verrazzano Castle
- Relax on a private boat ride of Venice Island
- Call out to Juliet’s balcony in Verona
- Rather Poor
- EEJAYWritten on June 3, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe did the Globus Italian Treasures tour in May 2018. This was our first time on a tour and to Italy. Our tour guide Errica was amazing + very good @ her job and our bus driver Luciano a very good driver. The tour was all go you had to get up at 6:00am each morning with the bus leaving 7:30-8:00am. I thought the itinerary was good we visited all the main cities Rome, Florence, Venice. and a boat ride to Cinque Terre. We also went to a lot of villages and towns in theTuscany and Umbria regions. eg Lucca, Siena, San Gimignano, Verona, Assisi, Orvieto. If we hadn’t done the Tour we wouldn’t have seen these beautiful towns which also had some good nice small shops, as the cities mainly have the big brand shops. I would recommend this Globus tour it was very good we saw a lot. It was all go but this was to achieve the itinerary and you could also catch up on sleep on the bus while on the road between towns and stops. The bus stops every couple of hours 2 visit something or for a toilet stop. The hotels were all very good and very good central locations. The best one was in Venice as it was on the island and right next to St Marks square. The hotel in Assisi had good views of the valley. I thought we had a good balance of guided time on the tour and then free time to explore on our own. I would recommend getting to Rome the day or two before the tour starts to explore Rome your selves. As the tour only really goes to the Colessum and the Basillica. We went on a 3 hour bike tour which covered a lot of distance and provided a good overview. We also went on the hop on hop off bus. Would also recommend at the end of the tour in Rome having a day to relax at the pool. The last night of the tour was @ the Crowne Plaza. Then we caught the fast train to Milan and stayed 3 nights there and went to Lake Como. Some others on the tour went on the other direction on the fast train to Sorrento and Amalfi Coast. Optional tours we did the gondola ride in Venice and in Lucca the optional farmhouse dinner which was a lot of fun, drinking and dancing. Also the hotel is out of the Lucca town so you would have to taxi there to get dinner.Show detailed ratings
- HHelenWritten on June 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentWe have just finished our second tour with Globus. This time we did the Italian Treasures 11 days tour - although it is really 10 days as all there is on the first day is the Welcome Dinner. Once again Globus were wonderful. Our tour director - Fabi - and driver Luciano - were simply wonderful. Fabi was super friendly and always had things under control. Sometimes I wondered how she did it with 42 guests on the bus but she did it in such an efficient and pleasant way. Luciano was a very safe and friendly driver and he made us feel safe at all times = even on the steep, windy roads we encountered. Both the welcome dinner and the farewell dinner were superb. I congratulate Globus on their choice of restaurants because the food and entertainment were both superb. The hotels chosen were all in good locations (except the last) and were ones expected to be good but in some places several of us experienced real problems with the airconditioning or the plumbing but these are faults of the hotel - not Globus. Only two of the hotels provide tea/coffee making facilities in the room but apparently this is common in Italy. The tour itself was very much on the go and there was much more walking than we expected. A lot of attractions require walking up lots of steep stairs, streets or hills so if you have any serious mobility issues it will be a problem and I would suggest a tour that is more leisurely and not so physically demanding would be better for you. We will definitely travel with Globus again and based on our two experiences have no hesitation in recommending them to other fellow travellers. The only problem we experienced was that we booked one night post tour accommodation with the tour in Rome only to find out that because most of the guests were departing immediately after the end of the tour, Globus choose a hotel closer to the airport. With no restaurants, shops or attractions near to the final hotel and no onsite facilities such as a swimming pool or gym to fill in the time, we will not be caught out again but make our own arrangements for any extra nights accommodation to ensure we are in a more central hotel. Otherwise, thanks Globus for another enjoyable trip with a superb tour director and a superb driver.Show detailed ratings
- LTLitsaWritten on October 31, 20165.0 - ExcellentFantastic ! Wow ! I had such a fun time with Globus. Every activity, every accommodation, every dinner, every guide, every transportation, was great. I would certainly recommend Globus, and I will travel with Globus again. A truly professional organisation.Show detailed ratings
- FMFilippoWritten on September 19, 20164.0 - GoodMy review is two part: A) tourradar - Tourradar were responsive enough with my email and chat responses via the web, and they were very helpful in suggesting the correct tour from Globus when it came to Age, length, and descriptions, etc. BUT, I didn't receive any of the information packages the other members of my tour (Italian Treasures) received when they booked direct, or through a travel agent. Subsequently I was provided incorrect information regarding starting hotel name & location, airport transfer to said hotel, costs of any extra excursions, or other items such as maps, luggage tags, etc. So while tourradar had a decent response time to my requests, I wouldn't have had to chase up answers to some basic questions if I had the same information the rest of the group had. B) Globus - Our tour director Vicky, was great, she made arrangements, checked and double checked in on people and with our local guides at various locations we stopped at, and was even able To assist in locating some forgot articles of clothing at a visited hotel, arranging it to be shipped ahead for me in order to meet me at our final tour stop. Top marks for Vicky & our bus driver Giovanni for making the trip a positive experience. The hotel stays were decent, except for maybe the last stop, the Holiday Inn Aurelia. It's located about midway between Rome and the Airport, with little or nothing to do in the immediate area. The A/C barely worked in the rooms, and the beds were extremely soft, with mattresses long overdue for replacement (this is rated 4 star ... I don't think so). and the rooms were on the small side. The tour was my 1st bus tour and initial exposure to many of Italy's landmark cities and sites was amazing. Time spent in many places almost always felt too short, but given the number of tour days, I believe it was enough to wet your appetite for some areas of Italy & get you to come back and spend more time in a lovely country that it is ... full of culture, history, architecture, and great food! I enjoyed the trip and would likely do something like it again. I have no problem recommending the tour, and Vicky to anyone interested.Show detailed ratings
- MLMARIONWritten on November 24, 20154.5 - ExcellentAwesome Service...Loved the trip!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN ROME, ITALY
- Day 2: ROME
- Day 3: ROME–LUCCA
- Day 4: LUCCA. EXCURSION TO CINQUE TERRE & PISA
- Day 5: LUCCA–SIENA–SAN GIMIGNANO–VERRAZZANO CASTLE–FLORENCE
- Day 6: FLORENCE
- Day 7: FLORENCE–VERONA–VENICE ISLAND
- Day 8: VENICE ISLAND
- Day 9: VENICE ISLAND–RAVENNA–ASSISI
- Day 10: ASSISI–ORVIETO–ROME
- Day 11: ROME
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Where are the overnights on this trip?
Get in contact with us and our customer support team they can send a copy of the vacation overview which will include your itinerary as well as the suggested hotel used in each destination, and for other information.
- February 16, 2016
Are accommodation, coach travel and activities/outings included in this tour?
Coach travel is included as this is a coach trip. Hotel accommodation is also included.
If you have a look at the tour page, within the itinerary you can gain a broader understanding of the wide range of sights and activities that are part of the tour.
- February 1, 2016
Are there any coach travels?
Coach travel is of course included as this is a coach trip.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- December 2018
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Rome11 DaysThursdayJul 5, 2018to RomeOnly 1 seat left$182DealUSD $3,087Based on Double Room
- ThursdayJun 28, 2018from Rome11 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Rome0 seats left$182USD $3,087Based on Double Room
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Rome11 DaysThursdayJul 12, 2018to Rome0 seats left$179USD $3,040Based on Double Room
- ThursdayJul 5, 2018from Rome11 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Rome0 seats left$179USD $3,040Based on Double Room
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Rome11 DaysThursdayJul 19, 2018to Rome0 seats left$179USD $3,040Based on Double Room
- ThursdayJul 12, 2018from Rome11 DaysSundayJul 22, 2018to RomeOnly 3 seats left$179DealUSD $3,040Based on Double Room
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Rome11 DaysThursdayJul 26, 2018to Rome0 seats left$179USD $3,040Based on Double Room
- ThursdayJul 19, 2018from Rome11 DaysSundayJul 29, 2018to Rome0 seats left$179USD $3,040Based on Double Room
- MondayJul 23, 2018from Rome11 DaysThursdayAug 2, 2018to Rome0 seats left$179USD $3,040Based on Double Room
- ThursdayJul 26, 2018from Rome11 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Rome10+ seats left$179DealUSD $3,040Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Rome.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 August 2018 the full payment of $2,990 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2990 for Italian Treasures, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Rome (Italy)
- 265 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 15 km
- Lucca (Italy)
- 70 km
- Cinque Terra (Italy)
- 70 km
- Lucca (Italy)
- 89 km
- Siena (Italy)
- 29 km
- San Gimignano (Italy)
- 38 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 186 km
- Verona (Italy)
- 103 km
- Venice (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,990 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,603 tours in Europe
- covered by 222 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Italian Treasures