Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Our saving
- US $ 3,209
- Age range
- 8 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ship, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- CWCarolWritten on October 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentScotland, the Highlands and the Islands....We walked in the footsteps of Royals and servants, soldiers and authors, rock stars,golfers and actors, fishermen and farmers, clergy and clan folk and a million other tourists before us. We learned enough history to earn a university degree (thankyou Matthew Bell) if only I could remember it all! We ate substantially and feasted on Scottish whisky and beer. Haggis and blood pudding were mostly available, but surprisingly, no lamb. We saw falcons, marked sheep, hairy coos and pigs, ancient rock formations, old Viking settlements,battlegrounds and many pristine lochs. There were picturesque mountains covered in abundant heather, lovely waterfalls, valleys and Islands. We heard legends and bagpipes and saw old warring weapons made into artwork. We loved this tour. More than visual, this is a place you"feel". If you get the chance, you should go.Show detailed ratings
- PGP.Written on July 27, 20173.0 - AverageGLOBUS tour: SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS & ISLANDS/July 2017. Terribly designed tour. Spent too much time in Edinburgh to see over crowded castles and to learn about battles of the past!!! Total waste of time! Then, you would spend an entire day in the coach on our way to Inverness. Only one photo stop because the guide wants to arrive at the Mercure hotel in Inverness almost 3 hours before dinner. The rest of this tour is made of other optional excursions. Globus tries to cover almost the entire country by rushing us at lunch stops and sightseeing. If you do not wish to take an optional excursion, you are dropped at the hotel in the afternoon around 2:30 pm and there is a very long wait before the coach gets back from excursion to the hotel for the dinner at 7 or 8pm. This seems acceptable if you are in Edinburgh but not so funny when the hotel is isolated from everything. You are simply tossed aside for not taking the optional excursion and these are more expensive if you were to do them on your own. For example, a visit to Duart castle will cost you with Globus 27 pounds (they include a glass of whisky!!!!) and the entrance fee of this castle is only 6.50 pounds. We never experienced this kind of nonsense with other coach tours. The excursion were done during the day and sightseeing were not cut off in early afternoon. YES, this tour is terribly designed. At the isle of Skye, one of the world's most stunning islands, we were brought in the morning to see the museum of island life (few thatched houses to see how islanders really lived). Then we were rushed back to the hotel /with one photo stop at the falls at 2:30 pm. The is unforgivable especially when it was a sunny day and we passed right in front of the OLD MAN OF STORK...BUT the guide rushed us to the hotel one hour before their departure to optional excursion to Eilean Donan Castle and pub visit right in the middle of the afternoon. The guide looked so tired, made rarely photo stops and when we had the chance to stop to take pics of the Highlands, he would pick stops where the mountains were located miles away. On one stop in Glenfinnan, we only had 40 minutes for lunch and to see the tower (major line-up at the restaurant) and the guide completely forgot to mention that the viaduct as seen in the Harry Potter films was in the back of the coach. This is something we were all aiming to see during this trip. Hotels picked by Globus were fabulous or extremely noisy (no sleep at all for two nights at Mercure Hotel) or completely rundown (Dunolie Hotel). Same with breakfasts and dinners. Two lunches were included with this tour and they were excellent. Globus advertises Scottish Highlands & Islands and it is done mostly through the coaches windows. Most of the landscapes to be photograph must be done through a glass window. Also, we read before booking this tour that the maximum of passengers was 35 and we were 42. Not only this coach was packed but the guide took the front 2 seats all by himself for the entire trip. We discovered much better places on this trip on our own. It was fortune for us that we were fit and able to explore Scotland by our own but elderly people just stayed there and wait! WE WILL NEVER NEVER BOOK ANOTHER TOUR WITH GLOBUS!Show detailed ratings
- EMEdithWritten on May 28, 20174.5 - ExcellentGuide Margerie and Driver Allister excellent. The tour occasionally strenuous; bus rides whole day. Bus quite confortable; Wi-Fi appreciated. Expected more meals included. Big Tour group - 44 Pax - a bit too many for my taste. When I inquired I was told max will be 35.....for me more acceptable. Hotel's fine except Isle of Skye: "Dunollie"- I had a claustrophobic room; no idea where to put my suitcase. After all the add. single room supplement is not little. Itinerary very interesting.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: ARRIVE IN GLASGOW, SCOTLAND
- Day 2: GLASGOW–DOUNE CASTLE–ROYAL BURGH OF CULROSS–EDINBURGH
- Day 3: EDINBURGH
- Day 4: EDINBURGH. ABBOTSFORD EXCURSION
- Day 5: EDINBURGH–ST. ANDREWS–BRAEMAR–INVERNESS
- Day 6: INVERNESS. HIGHLANDS EXCURSION
- Day 7: INVERNESS–THURSO
- Day 8: THURSO. EXCURSION TO THE ORKNEY ISLANDS
- Day 9: THURSO–DURNESS–ULLAPOOL–ISLE OF SKYE
- Day 10: ISLE OF SKYE
- Day 11: ISLE OF SKYE–GLENFINNAN–ISLE OF MULL
- Day 12: ISLE OF MULL. IONA EXCURSION
- Day 13: ISLE OF MULL–INVERARAY–GLASGOW
- Day 14: GLASGOW
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 21, 2016
Is this trip guaranteed to depart?
While there is no guarantee this trip historically sells out quickly. Please confirm with the CS team.
- March 21, 2016
Does this tour go through Lancaster or I should I take a side trip there?
This tour doesn't go to Lancaster, and it has a very tight schedule, so I would recommend adding an independent trip to Lancaster either before or after the tour.
- January 1, 2016
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A trip note - which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet on the first day, what time the trip starts, how to get to the joining point hotel, included activities, visa information, etc will be mentioned in there. Please contact us for this.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Marie1st February 2018
Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SaturdayApr 28, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayMay 11, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$141USD $3,378Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayMay 18, 2018to GlasgowOnly 2 seats left$310$3,519-9%USD $3,209Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 12, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayMay 25, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$141USD $3,378Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$143USD $3,426Based on Double Room
- SaturdayMay 26, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$143USD $3,426Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$147USD $3,522Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 9, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$147USD $3,522Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 16, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Glasgow7 seats left$323$3,669-9%USD $3,346Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
- SaturdayJun 23, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Glasgow0 seats left$147USD $3,522Based on Double Room
- SaturdayJun 30, 2018from Glasgow14 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Glasgow10+ seats left$323$3,669-9%USD $3,346Based on Double RoomBook Now Hold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Glasgow.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Globus to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this Globus booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 14 June 2018 the full payment of $3,209 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3209 for Scottish Highlands & Islands, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Globus tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Glasgow (Scotland)
- 67 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 49 km
- St Andrews (Scotland)
- 70 km
- Pitlochry (Scotland)
- 91 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 200 km
- Orkney Islands (Scotland)
- 263 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 123 km
- Isle of Mull (Scotland)
- 28 km
- Iona (Scotland)
- 28 km
- Isle of Mull (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,209 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,733 tours in Europe
- covered by 202 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 3 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scottish Highlands & Islands