- Our saving
- US $ 1,025
- JUST PAY $99 DEPOSIT TODAY
- Mexico City
- Playa del Carmen
- Stroll the streets of Mexico City and savour local cuisine
- Explore the colonial Oaxaca and then visit Monte Alban
- Visit the ruins of Palenque and the Maya ruins of Uxmal
- Sunbathe and swim in azure waters of Playa del Carmen
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Sleeper Bus
- Max Group Size
- Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Christmas & New Year
- Rather Poor
- GFGerardoWritten on March 30, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
I would cut in half the Palenque- Merida trip. An overnight stay in Campeche would have been fine. 8 hours trip in a van is too much. Also some more information about each city would have been useful. Valentina very good and still learning...
- CWCanlaWritten on March 27, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Tour was amazing with a good price. Tour guide Karla is excellent.
- FranckWritten on March 3, 20194.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Brilliant trip, a snapshot of Mexico, full of colours, taste and music. You won’t regret it
- ArmanWritten on January 30, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
We enjoyed the tour immensely. Highlights were Mario's knowledge and understanding of the towns and places we visited, visiting locals / eating local food, and the incredible Aztecan and Mayan archaeological sites. The tour was relatively easy going but at... Read more
- PKPETERWritten on January 25, 20195.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
She was Excellent Tour Guide. Very kindly,sweet heart,enthusiasm,working hard,And anytime smile.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 30, 20184.0 - GoodShow detailed ratings
Guide was excellent. Restaurants were expensive options. Itinerary was very good
- AGALENAWritten on September 16, 20182.5 - AverageShow detailed ratings
The tour was very good. HOWEVER, accommodation was terrifyingly bad, with BED BUGS in several hotels (one of the girls actually caught them and took pictures), with scary black mold in the showers, horrible smell, musty, dusty, moldy rooms. I might never do... Read more
- AAnonymousWritten on August 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Right from the start val was great. Would go out of her way to help anyone.Take you to places not included in the trip[including her home town]. Nothing was a bother. We even did a Big time wrestling one night.Gave us alist of resturants at each stop.No... Read more
- LlorenWritten on August 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentShow detailed ratings
Great cultural tour, a real crash course about Mexico. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and helpful. the travelling itself was tiring but to be expected when you're soanning that amount of distance. The public transport was fantastic, extremely... Read more
- DFDannyWritten on March 30, 20184.0 - Good
This is a tour for active travellers able to endure considerable walking and long travel days. While Intrepid’s physical rating is 2 out of 5, our group generally felt it was at least a 3. Be prepared for lots of stairs at the pyramids at high elevation... Read moreShow detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Danny, Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. Feedback like this from our passengers is essential towards improving everything that we do. We’re disappointed to read that you are discouraged from taking another group tour – we hope that you will give us another chance soon to show you how amazing the group experience can be! We would like the opportunity to more fully understand your experience. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kind regards, Intrepid
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Mexico City
- Day 2: Mexico City
- Day 3: Puebla
- Day 4: Puebla
- Day 5: Oaxaca
- Day 6: Oaxaca
- Day 7: Oaxaca / Overnight Bus
- Day 8: San Cristobal de las Casas
- Day 9: San Cristobal de las Casas
- Day 10: Palenque
- Day 11: Palenque Ruins / Merida
- Day 12: Merida
- Day 13: Merida
- Day 14: Chichen Itza / Playa del Carmen
- Day 15: Playa del Carmen
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a hotel list available for this tour, as all accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. That being said, on this tour you will be staying 13 nights in hotels and 1 night on an overnight bus. Two examples of hotels that they generally stay at on this tour are Playa del Carmen Hotel and Hotel Metropol - hopefully, this can give you an idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes with check-out from Playa del Carmen Hotel on the morning of the last day of the tour. It's time to say farewell to your Travel Director and new-found friends as your memorable holiday comes to an end. If you are lucky enough to have a couple of extra nights in Playa del Carmen, use your time snorkelling in freshwater rock pools, strolling along the white sands or something third. Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
This tour generally starts from Hotel Metropol in Mexico City and as the first day is just an arrivals day you can arrive at any time. After check-in, you can relax and unwind, before meeting with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at 6 pm. If you arrive into the city early, head to the Zocalo, the city's huge central square, to see Aztec ruins and colonial architecture or relax in one of the many parks, plazas or gardens. Please be aware the meeting point is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Im an energetic person who never stops, I am excited about our great nature and animals which we can..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- February 2020
- March 2020
- April 2020
- May 2020
- June 2020
- July 2020
- August 2020
- September 2020
- October 2020
- November 2020
- December 2020
- SaturdayApr 27, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$255$1,390-18%USD $1,135
- SaturdayMay 4, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Playa del Carmen8 seats left$322$1,390-23%USD $1,068
- SaturdayMay 11, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Playa del CarmenOnly 3 seats left$334$1,440-23%USD $1,106
- SaturdayMay 18, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$310$1,335-23%USD $1,025
- SaturdayMay 25, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Playa del Carmen0 seats left$59USD $1,411Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayJun 1, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$310$1,335-23%USD $1,025
- SaturdayJun 8, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Playa del Carmen10+ seats left$310$1,335-23%USD $1,025
- SaturdayJun 15, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Playa del Carmen8 seats left$319$1,375-23%USD $1,056
- SaturdayJun 22, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Playa del Carmen8 seats left$310$1,335-23%USD $1,025Instant BookHold my
- SaturdayJun 29, 2019from Mexico City15 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Playa del Carmen9 seats left$310$1,335-23%USD $1,025Instant BookHold my
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Mexico. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Mexico City is the starting point and Playa del Carmen is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $99 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 June 2019 the full payment of $1,025 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1025 for Mexico Unplugged, but the deposit of $99 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Mexico City (Mexico)
- 42 km
- Teotihuacan (Mexico)
- 99 km
- Puebla (Mexico)
- 267 km
- Oaxaca (Mexico)
- 442 km
- San Cristobel de Las Casas (Mexico)
- 110 km
- Palenque (Mexico)
- 455 km
- Merida (Mexico)
- 114 km
- Chichen Itza (Mexico)
- 155 km
- Playa del Carmen (Mexico)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,025 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,534 tours in Latin America
- covered by 219 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 24 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Mexico Unplugged
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers