Circle Sri Lanka
- Our saving
- US $ 2,140
- Cycle through Anuradhapura
- Visit sacred ruins in Polonnaruwa
- Enjoy a cooking demonstration in Bandarawela
- Relax on the beach in Mirissa
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Lodge, Guesthouse
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus, Local Transport
- Physical Rating
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- RGReneeWritten on March 7, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was excellent. A great introduction to Sri Lanka - the country, the food, the people.Show detailed ratings
- GFGeorgeWritten on March 5, 20174.0 - GoodOur Circle Sri Lanka trip with intrepid was fantastic. Sri Lanka is a beautiful country mostly unspoilt by mass tourism but the history, wonder and magic of this wonderful island is phenomenal. What made this trip particularly special was Kasun Maduwage (our brilliant guide who lead us through the adventure). His knowledge and guidance throughout the tour was astounding. From the history he imparted on us, his commentary on religion and culture as well as the best eating spots, flora and fauna and ability to organise a large group of very different travellers Kasun was amazing. I feel honoured to have met such an amazing man and to have been guided around Sri Lanka by a true professional. Our tour departed on 19 February and Natalie and I met Kasun in Negombo. We were introduced to the rest of our tour and had our introductory meeting where we were briefed extensively about the tour and what to expect from the next two weeks. It was fantastic to meet everyone and even though there was a mistake at head office with the room allocations, Kasun swiftly resolved this and we went out for a group dinner where we really got to know each other. This was followed by two weeks of amazing experiences from exploring the ancient cities of Anuradhapura and Polonnaruwa, to the majestic Siguria and Dambulla Caves, trekking through the tea fields, visiting a tea plantation, going on an Elephant safari and relaxing on the beautiful beaches of Mirissa amongst many other unforgettable experiences Throughout the tour Kasun was patient in addressing extensive questions, resolving issues quickly and efficiently and maintained a fun and inclusive group environment. He gave us a guide through Sri Lankan Cuisine, the infamous Kothu (chop chop), hoppers, egg hoppers, string hoppers and rice and curry and we feel we have come away not only with a fantastic experience but a true friend. Just a few comments for head office for the next tour (not comments against Kasun) - can you introduce a section on the booking form where you tick private room or sharing (we booked together and were initially allocated rooms with different people so this would eliminate that issue), I would have preferred to stay in Ella rather than Barandawele since the hotel was not very pleasant and was a tourist trap, also I felt that the spice garden can potentially be skipped - the food was nice but it felt that it was a sales pitch rather than an enjoyable experience. Also the elephant safari was amazing and we would recommend making this part of the programme. Hopefully these suggestions help for the next tour. Sri Lanka has been a pleasure and thanks to Kasun for showcasing your country. George (London, UK)Show detailed ratings
- BSBarbaraWritten on January 8, 20174.0 - GoodThe guide, Asanga, was wonderful. He made the trip fun and exciting. Some of the hotels were not that nice, but adequate.Show detailed ratings
- JJhoneWritten on November 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentHighly recommend this tour because I have been in Sri Lanka for 10 days in the month of Oct with my Family, the truth is a country that I recommend to visit, food, culture, and most importantly for the people, few people have found in my travels as that I found there. I hope to return some day, a significant part of the trip but are adventurous it is a good guide-driver, hire the services of Daniel and I recommend it 100% made me a great price, He will worry us at all times during the trip take us to the best places to eat quality / price ratio and is a great person. Drives very well and look good economic hotels 3 and 4 stars. He speaks English perfectly.. So I highly recommend Daniel. You can contact him by mail; email@example.com Mob: +94 777173862 He will give you quick answer with clear bass with included & excluded, We paid for Transport by minivan 50$ for my family include driver/guide + fuel All The Best for your trip!!Show detailed ratings
- JJakeWritten on October 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentSuch an amazing experience!! This tour had a really good mix of food, culture, scenery and the balance of physical activities was perfect. I was nervous about the train rides but I'm so glad I did them now as the scenery is stunning, likewise the walk through the tea plantations was beautiful and not as physically demanding as I thought it would be. The accommodation was a nice mix of local properties and I was very happy that most of them had a swimming pool.Show detailed ratings
- EEichkornWritten on May 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentI loved this trip. It had a bit of everything. Food, culture, sights , ocal and authentic experiences. we ha d a very knowledgeable and personable local guides.Show detailed ratings
- GLGILLIANWritten on April 18, 20163.5 - GoodA very well executed tour of a very beautiful country of lovely people and exceptional sights. My preference, however, would be for way fewer beds in way fewer destinations, cut back ancient sights to the two best, a quieter beach location and a whole lot more chilled/down time.Show detailed ratings
- CindyWritten on January 14, 20152.5 - AverageWhile I enjoyed this tour for the most part I would have to say this is the first Intrepid tour I have done where I regretted what I paid to experience this trip. There we're certainly at least two or three highlights in the trip but overall I would have to say this tour is way overpriced. Intrepid have dropped the ball on this one. This trip should be at least $500 less than the asking price. I found Sri Lanka expensive when you consider the average Sri Lankan wage, the exchange rate for the rupiah and the cost of living. I know only to well there is a local price and a tourist price and sure, why not. But unfortunately the Sri Lankans have taken this to a whole new level. So it is what it is a rather ordinary experience for allot of money. In my opinion give Sri Lanka a wide birth and head to India (with Intrepid) they have some great tours and good prices. India is awash with fantastic sights, full of colour rich in culture and markets coming out of your ears, everything Sri Lanka wasn't!Show detailed ratings
- TamaraWritten on June 26, 20145.0 - ExcellentThis was a utterly amazing tour. Everything about it was perfect. It was a good combination of cultural, and active. There was walking, cycling, TukTuk, train, public bus and private transport. Dace show, cooking, coconut plantation visit. Indika, our guide was wonderful and looked after us from beginning to end. The tour had a really good itinerary and the places we visited were stunning. We felt that we really got to see the real Sri Lanka as well as the highlights. We also had expert guides to guide us around some of the visits. It was a pleasure travelling around, with everything so well organised, but also the freedom to decide what we wanted to join in on at certain points. Included meals were exactly the right balance. The days that the breakfast wasn't included were ones that we had to get up very early and therefore it was better so. Trip of a lifetime, great location, stunning views, fun activities, some active walking, and a wonderful guide who looked after us, as a tour guide, but also as a friend. Would recommend to anyone.Show detailed ratings
- DSDaliaWritten on May 31, 20142.5 - AverageOverall enjoyable tour. To start with the positives- Sri Lanka is a beautiful, varied country with an interesting history and culture. It was amazing to see all of that and this tour really did encompass these things- from vibrant cities, picturesque Hill country and Indian Ocean Beaches. The thing that let it down was the guide- he was not knowledgeable and I felt at times he was not honest with the group. It was very obvious he was taking commission from the restaurants he was taking us to and would tell is that we HAD to go to certain restaurants, as it was the only restaurant in town, when that was not the case. He was very pushy and often insisted on doing things in what should have been our leisure time/optional activities, his way. I really felt that he was trying to squeeze as much money out of us as he could! The accommodation was very basic at times, despite this being advertised as an intrepid original tour. Every member of the tour decided to upgrade to a hotel room rather that beach hut during the beach stay- the huts were hot, with no windows and very dirty! Overall great tour, unfortunately hindered by a tour guide who was not in touch with the needs of the group and did not provide the "bridge" between myself and the country, as tour guides usually do. Only would recommend this tour to others if another tour guide was guaranteed.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Negombo
- Day 2: Anuradhapura
- Day 3: Anuradhapura
- Day 4: Polonnaruwa
- Day 5: Dambulla
- Day 6: Sigiriya - Kandy
- Day 7: Kandy
- Day 8: Bandarawela
- Day 9: Haputale
- Day 10: Haputale - Bandarawela
- Day 11: Mirissa
- Day 12: Mirissa
- Day 13: Galle
- Day 14: Colombo
- Day 15: Colombo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
When and where does the tour end?
The tour ends on Day 15, in Colombo. No activities are planned for this day, so once you have said farewell to your new travel friends then you are free to depart the accommodation. Check out time is 12pm.
When and where does the tour start?
Your tour begins on Day 1, when you arrive in the beach town of Negombo. There are no activities planned for this day, so feel free to settle in at your arrival accommodation and explore the area. Be sure to be back at your hotel by 5.30pm, when your important travel meeting will commence. This is a great opportunity to meet your guides and get to know your fellow travellers and future friends! Please be aware that the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
Do you arrange airport transfers?
Of course we can! We are more than happy to assist in arranging your airport transfers, however this is not included in the tour price and will be charged at the standard local rate. Please contact our customer service team for more information once you have a confirmed booking.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette12th April 2018
Circle Sri Lanka
- Upcoming departures
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayJul 20, 2018from Negombo15 DaysFridayAug 3, 2018to Colombo0 seats left$55USD $2,145
- SundayJul 22, 2018from Negombo15 DaysSundayAug 5, 2018to Colombo0 seats left$55USD $2,145
- FridayJul 27, 2018from Negombo15 DaysFridayAug 10, 2018to Colombo0 seats left$57USD $2,208
- WednesdayAug 1, 2018from Negombo15 DaysWednesdayAug 15, 2018to ColomboOnly 1 seat left$55USD $2,145
- FridayAug 3, 2018from Negombo15 DaysFridayAug 17, 2018to Colombo4 seats left$59USD $2,316
- SundayAug 5, 2018from Negombo15 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to ColomboOnly 1 seat left$61USD $2,359
- SundayAug 12, 2018from Negombo15 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Colombo0 seats left$61USD $2,359
- SundayAug 19, 2018from Negombo15 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Colombo0 seats left$61USD $2,359
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Negombo15 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to ColomboOnly 3 seats left$55USD $2,145
- SundayAug 26, 2018from Negombo15 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Colombo4 seats left$57USD $2,208
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- RupeeSri Lanka
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Sri Lanka. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Sri Lanka. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Sri Lanka. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Sri Lanka. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Sri Lanka. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Sri Lanka. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Sri Lanka. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Negombo is the starting point and Colombo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 September 2018 the full payment of $2,140 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2140 for Circle Sri Lanka, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Negombo (Sri Lanka)
- 139 km
- Anuradhapura (Sri Lanka)
- 78 km
- Polonnaruwa (Sri Lanka)
- 41 km
- Dambulla (Sri Lanka)
- 15 km
- Sigiriya (Sri Lanka)
- 75 km
- Kandy (Sri Lanka)
- 64 km
- Bandarawela (Sri Lanka)
- 112 km
- Mirissa (Sri Lanka)
- 29 km
- Galle (Sri Lanka)
- 109 km
- Colombo (Sri Lanka)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,140 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,049 tours in Asia
- covered by 235 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 13 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Circle Sri Lanka
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers