Walking in Madeira
- Tour Operator:
- Exodus Travels
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 99
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
Pay over time
Pay over time
TourRadar makes your next trip easier to book by letting you pay over time without any interest or extra fees.
Divide your payments
Pay smaller amounts every two weeks until your departure.
No interest or extra fees
You don't pay any interest or extra fees.
For select departures only
Check Dates & Availability to see which departures offer our instalment option.
Travel, Your Way
Good reasons for travelling privately:
Personalise your trip
Make changes to the itinerary, accommodation, or transport method
Increased safety during COVID
Spend the majority of time amongst your group to reduce exposure to others
Travel more exclusively
Your tour guide can focus all their attention on your group
Travel for a special occasion
Celebrate an important event by only travelling with your friends or family
- Day 1: Start Machico.
- Day 2: Walk along Ponta de Sao Lourenco, where rocks contrast with the blue of the ocean.
- Day 3: Spectacular walk along the north coast path to the fishing village of Porto da Cruz.
- Day 4: Transfer to Queimadas; walk along Levada do Caldeirao Verde to the remote village of Ilha.
- Day 5: Early departure for sunrise at Achada do Teixeira; ascend the island's highest mountain, Pico Ruivo; follow a stone staircase down to Encumeada; transfer to Funchal.
- Day 6: Walk a section of the Levada do Norte from Eira do Mourao to Cabo Girao.
- Day 7: Free day to visit the bustling 'Mercado dos Lavradores' (workers' market), Sé Cathedral or for wine tasting in Madeira's Wine Lodge.
- Day 8: End Funchal.
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
- Overall RatingGood
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- Robin· October 14th, 2019Beautiful island, interesting walking and good meals. Great company and caring guiding.Trip date: October 2019
- AJohn Howcroft· October 8th, 2013Excellent walks with a very good, knowledgeable guide (Andrea). Good quality hotels. Nice to have final day to myself in Funchal. Need a good head for heights!What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The long walk across the mountains from... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AChristopher Sutton· April 21st, 2013A lovely, relaxing holiday with a variety of walks in beautiful and varied countryside. Andre, our guide, enthused us with his knowledge of the flora, fauna and history of his beloved Madeira.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?So many,... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AFred Dubendorf· April 17th, 2013We enjoyed long hikes and beautiful scenery. It was especially nice because each hike went to a location that was completely different from the other hikes. Our guide was knowledgeable and attentive. The people of Madeira were warm and friendly.What... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AKirsten Burghardt· April 17th, 2013Fantastic holiday – we did 5 walks that were all between 8-16km (with one day off in beautiful Funchal), and these are, IMO correctly graded as "Moderate". They which were challenging enough so you’d feel sufficiently tired and like you’ve... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- AKirsten Burghardt· April 17th, 2013Fantastic holidayReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ANicola Brooks· January 5th, 2013A lovely holiday with a great group of people. The guide was very enthusiastic, clearly loved his job and made us all laugh! The views were amazing and the daily walking always enjoyable, we were all tired at the end of the day but that didn't stop us... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ACarol Stitson· November 9th, 2012An excellent walking holiday, a variety of walks in varied stunning scenery with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic gude and a very friendly groupWhat was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The walk along the Ponta de San Lourenco was spectacular,... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
- ABeryl Quayle· April 17th, 2012Had a fantastic trip. Very well organised. Excellent company (8 in our group). Transferred with the luggage to Funchal - Andre arranged it all with no problems.Visited Monte garden and Botanic garden by cable car.Review collected by Exodus Travels
- ARoyden Marshall· April 16th, 2012A very enjoyable holiday, well managed and executed.What was the most inspirational moment of your trip?The high mountain walks with fantastic views.Walking the Levadas.Exploring Funchal.What did you think of your group leader?Our leader was very... Show moreReview collected by Exodus Travels
Dates & Availability
Book With Flexibility
You're not locked in! Make changes to your dates or switch tours. Learn More
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday10 Jul, 2021EnglishSaturday17 Jul, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,399Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday4 Sep, 2021EnglishSaturday11 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday18 Sep, 2021EnglishSaturday25 Sep, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday25 Sep, 2021EnglishSaturday2 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3990% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday9 Oct, 2021EnglishSaturday16 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday23 Oct, 2021EnglishSaturday30 Oct, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday6 Nov, 2021EnglishSaturday13 Nov, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday20 Nov, 2021EnglishSaturday27 Nov, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3490% Interest InstalmentsBook With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursday23 Dec, 2021EnglishThursday30 Dec, 2021Multiple Room Types$1,3490% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday8 Jan, 2022EnglishSaturday15 Jan, 2022Multiple Room Types$1,3990% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar
Keep Exploring Portugal
- Portugal Travel Guide
- Family Trip to Europe Itineraries (From 1 to 3 Weeks)
- 10 Best Hiking & Trekking Companies (with Reviews)
- Hiking in Europe in February
- Hiking in Europe in January
- Hiking in Europe in May
- Your Guide to Planning a Private Hike 2021 | TourRadar
- Portugal from Machico
- Portugal Hiking & Trekking
- 8 days Portugal
- Operators in Europe
- Hiking & Trekking tours
- Atlantic tours
- Portugal tours
- Europe tours