3 Day Isle of Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 178
- Explore Scottish Highlands and admire its scenery
- See the remarkable Eilean Donan and search for Nessie
- Soak up the vibes, sights and sounds of Scotland
- Learn about the emotive history of the Culloden Battle
- View Ben Nevis and marvel Glencoe's haunting beauty
- Rather Poor
- JasmijnWritten on October 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentHad an absolute blast with Dave on the 3 day Isle of Skye tour back in August. The group could decide what they wanted to do/see and if there was time for that. Would go again in a heartbeat if I'm ever back in Schotland!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jasmijn, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share the wonderful pictures. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- JHJacobWritten on October 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentI’m pretty skeptical of tours as I like to do my own thing and set my own schedule, but I last second was recommended by multiple people to check out the isles of skye and a 3 day tour was the best scenario for me. So I signed up, and didn’t regret a single moment. First, I want to especially thank Stewart. He was a phenomenal guide. You can tell when someone is passionate about their job and it makes it that much better. Stewart is full blown Scottish, from the accent, to the kilt, to his love of whisky and road rage and idiot tourist drivers aha. He’s the real deal and was nonstop full of facts about Scotland. Wildlife, nature, places to check out, lore and battles and history he knew SO MUCH. I will say his accent takes a bit getting used to but I really wouldn’t have had it any other way. I really can’t say enough good things he did fantastic. Second, for the location itself, it was amazing. I had multiple people recommend it and it was one of the highlights of my entire trip. The place was gorgeous and we were extremely lucky with the weather. We witnessed one of the best most complete rainbows I’ve ever seen in my life, the hikes were all interesting. We unfortunately didn’t get to see the fairy glen but Stewart knew of another area that was just as awesome. Lots to do and see. I’m not even a huge fan of hiking and I loved this trip. If you’re on the edge at all about this I really recommend it and have told many of my friends about it.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Jacob, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and share the amazing pictures. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Stewart. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- AAmritWritten on October 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentThese were the best 3 days I had during my UK travel. I am almost in love with Scotland and it's culture. From serene nature to the historical facts I enjoyed every moment of the trip. Richard is an excellent guide with an immense knowledge. His way of sharing the facts along with fun was amazing. Thanks a lot Richard and MacBackpackers :)Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Amrit, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us and share the amazing pics. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Richard. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- JAJaneWritten on October 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentWell organized tour by a great company with an exceptional guide Richard who kept us informed and entertained the whole tripShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jane, Thanks for the lovely feedback and amazing pics. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Richard. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- PDPritiWritten on October 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis is the best tour I have ever been to. It is amazing from the start till the end. Richard is a great tour guide and has a lovely pleasing personality. He has heaps of stories and knowledge about Scotland (and Scotland has a lot of it). And if your lucky he may also cook up a meal for you (we got lucky). The great thing about the tour is that it is not a regimented route. You can always let them know. Go Macbagpackers. You will be seeing more of me in your future trips.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Priti, Thanks for sharing the lovely pics and nice review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Richard. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- LLakshithaRajendranWritten on October 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely loved the 3 day tour of Skye. Worth every penny. The weather wasn’t all that great the first couple days but despite that we had an amazing time and got to experience the beauty of Skye and the Scottish Highlands which was absolutely breathtaking. Our guide Richard was absolutely fantastic, funny, gave us options and took the feedback of the group to tailor the itinerary, was full of great stories and really made the three days a time to remember! I hesitated a lot when I was booking because I hadn’t been on a tour before and usually like to do a self guided tour but macbackpackers really exceeded all expectations. It wasn’t just a drive with a checklist of photos to get but instead we got to do a couple hikes including a two hour one to get some great views of the Old Man of Store which was amazing. The hostel was also wonderful. Definitely want to come back to Scotland and do a longer tour with macbackpackers. Really sad the tour is over though:(Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Lakshitha, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and share all these lovely photos. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Richard. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- MTMarianneWritten on October 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentGreat fun, great guide and great tour! :)Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Marianne, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear that you had a fantastic time on tour. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- KKatrinaRoqueWritten on October 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe had a fantastic time with MacBackpackers on this tour but Richard made it great. His hilarious stories and witty punch lines definitely made the tour much more interesting. He’s knowledge about Scottish history is really excellent as well, we could not have asked for a better guide. Despite the weather, it didn’t stop us from having a great memories. We realize the 3 day tour is really short to discover all the majestic places Scotland has to offer so we will definitely be back for more and the MacBackpacker is definitely the our choice.Show detailed ratings
- DylanWritten on October 6, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe best tour I have ever done!! every single second was a blast! it was very interactive in what we wanted to do and see, which let us work around the weather instead of having to wait for it to clear up. Richard is an absolute legend and felt more like a mate then a tour guide, his vast knowledge of not only scottish history but little fun facts about coos to such niche topics such as Elephant polo was very impressive and made the bus rides so much enjoyable. would reccomend this tour to anyone who is looking for a fun active week away in the highlands.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Dylan, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Richard. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- JJohnWritten on October 4, 20184.5 - ExcellentI enjoyed the 3 day Isle of Skye tour and especially the tour guide Neil. He had incredible story telling and was quite informative. My only regret was that I didn't do the 5 day one since I'll definitely see a lot more of Scotland. The 3 day tour is a bit rush and we do spend a lot of time on the bus. Overall, I recommend Macbackpackers for your Scotland experience.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi John, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that despite a bit rushed feeling you had a great time with Neil on tour. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon for a longer tour. Cheers, Jaz
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
- Day 2
End point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the optional excursions?
The tour operator has advised that there are no optional excursions available for this tour, as the itinerary is already packed with great inclusions.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
Is there a hotel list available?
The price of this tour does not include accommodation. Instead, the tour operator reserves dorm beds in their Highland hostels for everybody whilst on tour. Accommodation on this tour is made in backpacker hostels, in multi-share dormitories (bunk-beds). All the hostels have a self-catering kitchen so if you don't fancy going out to the local pubs or restaurants for a meal you can cook yourself.
Your accommodation in dorm style rooms is guaranteed and you just pay either with cash or by credit card on arrival. Prices range from £17 and £20 per night.
Usually, accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, however, this is a list of accommodations that they typically stay at:
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Edith, 72 years old29th September 2018
3 Day Isle of Skye
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- MondayOct 22, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayOct 24, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- WednesdayOct 24, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayOct 26, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- FridayOct 26, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayOct 28, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- MondayOct 29, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayOct 31, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- FridayNov 2, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayNov 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- MondayNov 5, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayNov 7, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- WednesdayNov 7, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$6USD $189Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayNov 9, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayNov 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- MondayNov 12, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayNov 14, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
- FridayNov 16, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayNov 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$196-10%USD $178
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 17 December 2018 the full payment of $178 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $178 for 3 Day Isle of Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 75 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 93 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $178 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,335 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Isle of Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 678 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Isle of Skye