3 Day Isle of Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 167
- Explore spectacular landscapes of Scotland
- Experienced local guides
- Environmentally and culturally responsible tours
- Discover the haunting beauty of Glen Coe
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- AIAshleeWritten on January 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentI just got back from the 3 day Isle of Skye tour and first of all a huge thank you to the best tour guide Neil! Such a great guy & his knowledge and stories made the whole tour better than imagined! He really went out of his way for us tourists making sure we would get the most out of the trip. I would highly recommend this tour & seeing this beautiful part of the world! We were lucky enough to get snow on our second night which made the view more magical the next day! Thanks again! :-)Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Ashlee, It's great to hear you had a fab time on tour with Neil and that you got to enjoy some fresh snow. Thanks so much for sending the amazing pics and taking the time to write the review, Hopefully, we will see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- GHGraceWritten on January 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentNeil was the best tour guide in eternity!! I will personally recommend Isle of Skype tour and him as the tour guide to all my friends who come to Scotland. In fact, I’ll tell them they have to go to Scotland solely for this purpose. His stories and knowledge were awe inspiring and we felt very safe in his hands. What a Gorgeous tour, I’m so sad it had to end! Thanks Neil you are hilarious.... like a ninja!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Grace, Thanks for sending the lovely snowy pics and writing the review. We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful tour with Neil. We look forward seeing you and your friends again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CCarolineWritten on January 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentI went on the 3 day Isle of Skye trip in the last week of June 2017. It was FABULOUS. I was a solo traveler and had a great time both with others on the trip and our guide. Our guide definitely knew how to plan our trip and was flexible enough to both give good recommendations but also allow us input on what we want to do. For example, we made an impromptu Whiskey Distillery tour on the last morning so that we could get to Glen Coe after the rain. I cannot recommend MacBackpackers enough over other tour companies. They are friendly, fun, affordable and do really know their beautiful country.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Caroline, Thanks so much for writing the review. We are excited to hear you enjoyed the 3 Day Isle of Skye tour. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- LDLaurenWritten on January 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely brilliant and our tour guide Mark was awesome. Would definitely recommend to anyone.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Lauren, Thanks for rating us. We're delighted to hear you had a great tour with Mark. We're looking forward to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- TLTrevesWritten on January 7, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had an awesome experience on the 3 day isle of skye tour. Not only was Marc very informative, engaging, and funny, he also had a sick ass playlist which was perfect for cruising through the Scottish landscape. Thanks for the good times and the stories!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Treves, Thanks for reviewing us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the tour with Mark and his music. We can't wait to have you back on tour with us! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- EEmmaWritten on January 1, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was amazing, beautiful scenery with interesting and entertaining facts and stories about Scottish history. Richard was a fantastic guide!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Emma, We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the tour with Richard. Thanks for reviewing us. We hope to see you again in the near future! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- RuthWritten on December 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentHad the best time touring around the Isle of Skye with Richard at the helm. It was freezing (snowy and rainy--- bring waterproofs!!) but so very beautiful and I learned so much about the Scottish history from Richard. He tailored the trip to allow us to see what we wanted to see, but also gave us great recommendations. Highly recommend this trip!!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Ruth, Thank you very much for taking the time and writing such a lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you had a great tour with Richard. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- MEMitchellWritten on December 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentFantastic tour, the guide absolutely made it.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Mitchell, Thanks so much for writing the review. We are glad to hear you had a great tour with us. We hope to see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- ITIsabellaWritten on December 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentI did the 3 day Isle of Skye tour and it was amazing! Our guide Richard was absolutely incredible, he totally made the trip. As it was winter we had a small group which was actually great! We bonded very quickly and had an excellent few days roaming around the highlands, seeing incredible mountains, castles and seaside cliffs, jumping out to say hello to highland coos and and deer and listening to incredible stories of Scotland’s history and folklore. The way that Macbackpackers run their tours means they are flexible and means you as a traveller can help to form the itinerary. I had the best time and didn’t want it to end. I would absolutely recommend this tour to anyone - in fact I have already recommended it to a few friends! I will definitely be booking another tour with them as soon as I can. :)Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Isabella, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review and sharing your incredible photos! We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time on tour with Richard. We are really looking forward to having you on tour with us again soon! Best wishes and season greetings from everyone at MacBackpackers xx
- AAnneWritten on December 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had a great time on the 3 day Isle of Skye tour! We had a nice small group and our guide Richard told us many stories ranging from historical, legends and geological knowledge. His stories really added extra value to my trip! The itinerary is really flexible and adapted to the wishes of the group.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Anne, We are delighted to hear you had a fantastic 3 Day Isle of Skye tour with Richard. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing the review. We hope to have you on tour with us again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
- Day 2
End point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Are meals included?
The price of the tour doesn’t include food. However we make supermarket stops every day and each of the hostels has a well equipped kitchen for our guests to use. There will also be pubs and restaurants near each hostel if you feel like eating out in the evening.
- May 1, 2017
Is this tour suitable for a family travelling with a 13 years old?
MacBackpackers tours have been designed for 18-40 year old backpackers and therefore the nature and style of the tours reflect this.
We like our guests to socialise with like-minded young backpackers - on the bus, while hiking, in the hostel and in the pub. Our guests are mostly in their early twenties and book with us specifically because they want to hang out and party with other fun people their age. We are for young people travelling solo or with a like-minded friend and not for families I'm afraid.
The language used on board our buses can be a bit offensive and the things we're talking about are for young adults and can be awkward for people outside the age bracket. Our activities are also designed for 18 - 40 year olds.
- May 1, 2017
Is accommodation included?
Unless otherwise stated, eg. Christmas/Hogmanay packages, accommodation is not included in the price of the tour, but is guaranteed for you whilst on tour. You will therefore be asked to pay on arrival at the hostels.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sylvia22nd December 2017
3 Day Isle of Skye
- Upcoming departures
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- FridayJan 26, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayJan 28, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$60$201-30%USD $141
- MondayJan 29, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayJan 31, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$8USD $193
- FridayFeb 2, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayFeb 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$60$201-30%USD $141
- MondayFeb 5, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayFeb 7, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$8USD $193
- FridayFeb 9, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayFeb 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$60$201-30%USD $141
- MondayFeb 12, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayFeb 14, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$60$201-30%USD $141
- FridayFeb 16, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayFeb 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$60$201-30%USD $141
- MondayFeb 19, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayFeb 21, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$8USD $193
- FridayFeb 23, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayFeb 25, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$60$201-30%USD $141
- MondayFeb 26, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayFeb 28, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$8USD $193
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 March 2018 the full payment of $167 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $167 for 3 Day Isle of Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 75 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 93 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $167 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,010 tours in Europe
- covered by 177 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Isle of Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 53 travellers have already met
before they left for 3 Day Isle of Skye tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 407 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Isle of Skye