3 Day Isle of Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 171
- Take in views of Ben Nevis
- Experience the dazzling Faerie Pools
- Visit Eilean Donan Castle
- Learn the history of Glen Coe
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- KKaitlynnWritten on March 18, 20185.0 - ExcellentMy boyfriend and I just completed our 3 day tour of Isle of Skye and it was amazing!! The scenery was so beautiful and we definitely want to go back. The tour guide Dave was awesome too, keeping us entertained on the long bus rides with the lore and histories of the areas we were driving through (plus he was hilarious). Definitely would recommend to all our friends and family back home, worth every penny. Dave you rock!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kaitlynn, Thanks for the lovely photos and review. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour Dave We look forward to seeing you and your friends on tour in the near future!
- CChristieWritten on March 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentSuch an amazing time! Had the pleasure of having the hilarious and knowledgeable Richard as our guide. He let us choose where we went and what we did! Best tour I’ve ever done! He made so many great recommendations and we had the accomodation reserved for just our tour group which was amazing! Couldn’t rate this trip or Richard any higher!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Christie, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're glad to hear you had a fantastic tour with Richard. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers, Jaz
- LOLenkaWritten on March 10, 20185.0 - Excellent3DAYS HIGHLANDS AND ISLE OF SKYE TOUR: An amazing opportunity to see and experience one of the most beautiful places in the world, highly recommended!! We had the most perfect, funny guide Richard! He knew how to make every second worth fit to the weather conditions, recommended the best places for eating, kited with great stories and historical and cultural knowledge, we felt safe with him even during the snowy hike to get the best view. There were enough stops for taking photos and WC. Also our accommodation on the Isle of Skye was amazing, in the small fishing village, we had the whole private hostel just for ourselves - 12 people, with fireplace, kitchen, free tea, hot chocolate and coffee all the time. Definitely go!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Lenka, We're delighted to hear you had a great tour with Richard. Thanks so much for sending the lovely pictures and taking the time to rate us. We hope to see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- SSSusanWritten on February 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentBrilliant tour of the Isle of Skye, we packed in a lot over the course of the three days. Our guide, Neil, also made the trip, as it was so clear he was passionate about his job and Scotland in general! So many great anecdotes and history lessons while we were sightseeing. The highlight of the trip was definitely the full day at the Isle of Skye. Highly recommened tour!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Susan, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us. We're glad to hear you had a great tour with Neil. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- ArpitWritten on February 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentOne of those rare times which stays with you for the rest of your lives, such was the trip to skye with macbagpackers. Beautiful country, stunning scenery, inspiring stories and amazing people. Maybe the best trips to take in Scotland which fits well in the budget. Making great friends from different cultures comes with the package. Very happy to see the guide treats the group as family and take it as true passion not just as a job.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Arpit, Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We're delighted to hear you had a great time on our 3 Day Isle of Skye tour. Since you wrote our 1000th review here on TourRadar, we'd like to send you a MacBackpackers hoodie as a wee thank you. I've sent you an email. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- OKOssieWritten on February 26, 20185.0 - ExcellentJust came back from the tour yesterday. I had such a good time - the highlands and isle of Skye are just breathtaking places!! Our tour guide, Neil, was knowledgeable, funny, and full of great stories he shared with us. His passion to Scotland truly heightened the experience. Highly recommended!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Ossie, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear you had a fab tour with Neil. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- PHPaigeWritten on February 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentWhat a trip! I'm officially in love with Scotland (specifically the highlands). I had the best time on the 3 day tour of Skye. My guide (Richard) was hilarious, and incredibly informative. As a group we were offered many options of what to do to fill our days, allowing us to customize our adventure in the North.I seriously couldn't have asked for a better experience and would definitely encourage others to go on one of MacBackpackers' tours. (But be prepared for the weather if you venture up during the winter season!)Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Paige, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear you had a great time with Richard on the 3 Day Isle of Skye tour. We hope to have you on tour soon again exploring more Bonnie Scotland! Cheers, Jaz xx
- KKathieWritten on February 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Tour was amazing! The Guide Mark explained a lot in a very entertaining way.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kathie, Thanks for taking the time to rate us. We're glad to hear you had fab time with Mark on the 3 Day Isle of Skye Tour. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime! Cheers, Jaz xx
- CCarolineWritten on February 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis trip was seriously amazing! Good price (a lot better than other similar trips out there) frequent stops, knowledgeable guide and chance to meet some great people. Our guide was Mark- he was funny and approachable. He incorporates a good mix of history, pop culture and humour to his guided tour- allowing flexibility on some of the stops to cater for the needs of the travellers; for example our trip did not originally include a stop at the Harry Potter bridge (Glen Finnan Bridge) but since a number of Harry Potter fans were aboard we rearranged our itinerary a little to allow us to stop there. The highlands/ isle of Skye is seriously so beautiful- it’s a must see if staying in Edinburgh. You know it’s a good trip when you miss the place and the people- I definitely did pretty much as soon as I got off the bus. Side note: Mark has a very soothing voice and should consider making a podcast lol. If only he could commentate the rest of my travels.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Caroline, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted you enjoyed the tour with Mark and had a chance to see the Glenfinnan Viaduct. We hope that you'll be back soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
- SSydneyWritten on February 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentWow, what an incredible tour and experience I have had! The 3 day Isle of Sky was everything I expected and more. I was so fortunate to have Richard as a tour guide, his positive attitude, and humour made the trip so much better. Richard gave us the opportunity to choose what we wanted to see, which made the trip that much more special. The accommodation was lovely, our own hostel for just our group was amazing. I highly reccomend this tour as you will see such beautiful places along the way. I will never forget the memories I have made and the people I have met!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Sydney, We're happy to hear you had a great tour with Richard. Thanks for writing such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Cheers, Jaz xx
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
- Day 2
End point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Are meals included?
The price of the tour doesn’t include food. However we make supermarket stops every day and each of the hostels has a well equipped kitchen for our guests to use. There will also be pubs and restaurants near each hostel if you feel like eating out in the evening.
- May 1, 2017
Is this tour suitable for a family travelling with a 13 years old?
MacBackpackers tours have been designed for 18-40 year old backpackers and therefore the nature and style of the tours reflect this.
We like our guests to socialise with like-minded young backpackers - on the bus, while hiking, in the hostel and in the pub. Our guests are mostly in their early twenties and book with us specifically because they want to hang out and party with other fun people their age. We are for young people travelling solo or with a like-minded friend and not for families I'm afraid.
The language used on board our buses can be a bit offensive and the things we're talking about are for young adults and can be awkward for people outside the age bracket. Our activities are also designed for 18 - 40 year olds.
- May 1, 2017
Is accommodation included?
Unless otherwise stated, eg. Christmas/Hogmanay packages, accommodation is not included in the price of the tour, but is guaranteed for you whilst on tour. You will therefore be asked to pay on arrival at the hostels.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janice22nd December 2017
3 Day Isle of Skye
- Upcoming departures
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- FridayMar 23, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayMar 25, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$38$209-18%USD $171
- MondayMar 26, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayMar 28, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$11$209-5%USD $198
- WednesdayMar 28, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayMar 30, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$11$209-5%USD $198
- MondayApr 2, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayApr 4, 2018to EdinburghOnly 2 seats left$19$209-9%USD $190
- WednesdayApr 4, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayApr 6, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$209-9%USD $190
- FridayApr 6, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayApr 8, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$209-9%USD $190
- MondayApr 9, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayApr 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$209-9%USD $190
- WednesdayApr 11, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayApr 13, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$209-9%USD $190
- FridayApr 13, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayApr 15, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$209-9%USD $190
- MondayApr 16, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayApr 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$19$209-9%USD $190
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 May 2018 the full payment of $171 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $171 for 3 Day Isle of Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 75 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 93 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $171 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,433 tours in Europe
- covered by 191 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Isle of Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 424 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Isle of Skye