3 Day Isle of Skye
- Take in views of Ben Nevis
- Experience the dazzling Faerie Pools
- Visit Eilean Donan Castle
- Learn the history of Glen Coe
- Rather Poor
- NathanWritten on August 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentDave was a fantastic guide. He told funny jokes and gave us a very entertaining tour of the beautiful highlands. 20/10!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Nathan, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- TeresaWritten on August 13, 20185.0 - ExcellentWhat a way to spend a weekend! As a solo traveler, I was a little wary about spending 3 days with a bus load of strangers, but those fears were quickly cast aside as Mark took the bus out of Edinburgh and onto our adventure. As a guide, he went above and beyond in all aspects. He made history and legends come to life through his gifted storytelling, he went out of his way to make the tour memorable and enjoyable, and even his playlists on the bus were thought out. The time on the bus flew by, as did the trip as a whole, from the hikes, to the sights, to the whisky. Thank you, MacBackpackers, for this journey; I hope to take another trip someday!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Teresa, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time on tour with Mark. We hope to see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- KrystalWritten on August 12, 20185.0 - ExcellentFirst timer in Scotland here. In the span of three days, I got to understand and learn more about Scottish history and culture. Richard is a fucking riot! He is a great story teller and had great recommendations for activities, food, and Scottish music. Overall, a knowledgeable guide and driver. The itinerary seemed sparse/ open-ended on the website. However, we were provided with choices for attractions and monuments. The transportation vehicle and accommodation were new, clean, and comfortable. Macbackpackers is definitely the tour group to go with! I was doubtful about doing a tour, let alone a short 3-day one but it was amazing. Be sure to check out their website as well, details are well explained there >> https://www.macbackpackers.com/. Scotland is now one of my favorite visits in Europe. Will definitely be back for the nature. Highlight of the trip? The hike at Old Man Storr- breathtaking! Thanks a shit ton Richard.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Krystal, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear you had a fantastic tour with Richard. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- AAnonymousWritten on August 10, 20184.5 - ExcellentAmazing landscapes and Mark is an excellent guide who know a lot of things about Scotland. I really enjoyed this three days trip. Thank you!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us and share the wonderful pictures. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Mark. We hope to see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- AMAnneliseWritten on August 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was a great tour! Mark was an excellent guide and very knowledgeable. The itinerary was good and Mark adapted it to what the group wanted. It was the best three days of our Scotland trip, and I would absolutely go on another Macbackpackers tour if I got the chance!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Annelise, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Mark. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- JackWritten on August 9, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis was my first time visiting Scotland and I wanted a good way to see a lot of it with the limited time available. Mark was an excellent guide - he portrayed his vast knowledge of the country in an interesting and entertaining way. The places we got to visit were breathtaking, with the hikes in Skye being the highlight. Two things to note when you are considering booking this: 1. The guides are very authentic, and therefore may adapt the itenerary slightly from what is advertised in order to show places that the group may wish to see. I saw this as a positive as it means no one tour is the same, but it is something to bear in mind. 2. The weather is very changeable given the location. Pack accordingly! If you want a great way to experience this country with knowledgeable and helpful guides, look no further.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jack, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us. We're delighted to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Mark. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- EEmilyWritten on August 7, 20182.5 - AveragePrior to participating on this tour I had just come from a tour through Ireland with a different company and had a fabulous time. I was let down when coming on this tour as I found that it was hours and hours of driving and when we did stop it was only for 30-1 hour max. My guide also altered the plans without our knowledge so we didn't stop in half the placed the itinerary said we would. Also, my guide talked inappropriately about his political views, making several people on my bus who were English feel very uncomfortable. As well, my guide was in a car accident, within the first day of the trip which quite frankly in unacceptable, especially since afterwards he did not apologize to the customers on the bus, but rather continued to act unprofessionally.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Emily, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're sorry to hear that there were some issues while you were on this tour. Our itineraries are not set in stone, and this is mentioned on our website. On the 3 Day Isle of Skye, there's a long distance to drive on the first and last days of the tour. Hence, you might have shorter walks on those days. However, usually, there're longer walks during the second day. Unfortunately, meanwhile it's rare, sometimes accidents happen, and we would like to apologise for this. Luckily, no one got hurt when the side of the bus got scratched by a rental car. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience. If you wish, please feel free to write us at email@example.com. Best regards, MacBackpackers
- ABAanchalWritten on August 4, 20183.5 - GoodAmazing tour! Richard had tons of fun and interesting stories to tell throughout the tour and definitely made it a memorable experience!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Aanchal, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Richard. Hopefully, we'll see you again in the near future! Cheers, Jaz
- JJessicaWritten on July 28, 20184.5 - ExcellentThe tour was beyond every expectation that I had. Dave is a legend and he was responsible for the best 3 days ever!Show detailed ratings
- JJacobWatkinsWritten on July 28, 20185.0 - ExcellentA fantastic way to experience the beautiful Scottish highlands, learn Scottish history and culture, and meet wonderful people. Richard was an excellent host and told great stories and jokes throughout the trip. We were never on the bus for too long, as there were plenty of interesting sights to see on the way to the Isle of Skye. I would recommend this tour to anyone who wants to escape the city for a bit and explore Scotland’s lovely landscapes and small towns. Bring a sturdy pair of shoes for hiking!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jacob, Thanks for sharing the great pictures and taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Richard. Hopefully, we'll see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
- Day 2
End point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
What are the optional excursions?
The tour operator has advised that there are no optional excursions available for this tour, as the itinerary is already packed with great inclusions.
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
Is there a hotel list available?
The price of this tour does not include accommodation. Instead, the tour operator reserves dorm beds in their Highland hostels for everybody whilst on tour. Accommodation on this tour is made in backpacker hostels, in multi-share dormitories (bunk-beds). All the hostels have a self-catering kitchen so if you don't fancy going out to the local pubs or restaurants for a meal you can cook yourself.
Your accommodation in dorm style rooms is guaranteed and you just pay either with cash or by credit card on arrival. Prices range from £17 and £20 per night.
Usually, accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, however, this is a list of accommodations that they typically stay at:
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
Guides who have led this tour
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Geraldine5th June 2018
3 Day Isle of Skye
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- FridayAug 17, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayAug 19, 2018to EdinburghOnly 3 seats left$18$190-10%USD $172
- MondayAug 20, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayAug 22, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$30$190-16%USD $160
- WednesdayAug 22, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayAug 24, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$30$190-16%USD $160
- FridayAug 24, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayAug 26, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$6USD $184Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayAug 27, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayAug 29, 2018to Edinburgh7 seats left$18$190-10%USD $172
- WednesdayAug 29, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayAug 31, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$18$190-10%USD $172
- FridayAug 31, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundaySep 2, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$30$190-16%USD $160
- MondaySep 3, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdaySep 5, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$18$190-10%USD $172
- WednesdaySep 5, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridaySep 7, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$18$190-10%USD $172
- FridaySep 7, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundaySep 9, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$18$190-10%USD $172
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 13 October 2018 the full payment of $160 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $160 for 3 Day Isle of Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 75 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 93 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $160 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,973 tours in Europe
- covered by 254 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Isle of Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 616 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Isle of Skye