3 Day Isle of Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 142
- Take in views of Ben Nevis
- Experience the dazzling Faerie Pools
- Visit Eilean Donan Castle
- Learn the history of Glen Coe
- Rather Poor
- JenniferWritten on June 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentBest tour I've ever been on! It was like a 3-day comedy tour with amazing scenery and everything I wanted to see in Scotland crammed into a very affordable budget. I have no complaints, and highly recommend it to active budget-savvy tourists with a dark sense of humor such as myself.Show detailed ratings
- CCasperHilbinkWritten on June 21, 20184.5 - ExcellentWithout a doubt the best tour I've ever been on. The itinerary was amazing; filled with all Isle of Skye's highlights. Despite doing the three day tour, there were even some nice hikes included. Best part of the experience was busdriver Dave. During the rides he regaled us with tales, filled with relevant, interesting and fun information. On top of that, he arranged musical intermezzos, with songs that were relevant to the stories, and yet catchy. Truly an incredible experience. Would recommend it to everyone!Show detailed ratings
- CarlyleWritten on June 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentI hope this is the right Dave - his name is Dave the busdriver on facebook and he does the isle of skye tours. Dave was incredibly funny, professional, and entertaining. You should be very proud to have him on your time - by far the best tour guide I have EVER had.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Carlyle, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a great tour with Dave. Yes, he's the only Dave we have. We hope to see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- TPTriciaWritten on June 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was the first time I have ever done a back packing trip let alone with MacBackpackers. I loved it, Mark was knowledgeable, funny and kept us entertained and laughed right along with us. He made us feel like family and showed us the beauty of the highlands. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone who wants to see the beauty and hidden gems of Scotland. It made my trip so much more enjoyable. I would and have been recommending this to all my friends and family since I have returned home. It was a once in a lifetime trip I wouldn’t mind doing twice.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Tricia, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us. We're happy to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Mark. We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- AyferWritten on June 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour! Great experience!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Ayfer, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time on 3 Day Isle of Skye with us. We hope to see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- EEdenWritten on June 19, 20185.0 - ExcellentNeil is an amazing guide full of great stories! He has an amazing sense of humour!!!! Even though we had a major storm hit, we still got to go on several beautiful hikes and enjoy Skye and Glencoe!! I've taken the tour before and each time is unique and wonderful!!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Eden, Thanks for taking the time to review us. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed the 3 Day Isle of Skye tour with Neil. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- KathleenWritten on June 18, 20184.0 - GoodMark is amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a better guide! We had a wonderful time on our tour, can’t wait to come back to Scotland!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Katie, Thanks so much for sharing the lovely photos and taking the time to rate us. We're delighted to hear that you had a great time on tour with Mark. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
- EElyseBurlinghamWritten on June 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe had a great time on our tour! Dave always had lots of fun stories and tons of information to share during the tour. We saw some amazing sites and had a great hike on the Isle of Skye. Plus Dave was hilarious and he made the tour that much better!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Elyse, Thanks so much for rating us. We're delighted to hear that you had a brilliant time on tour with Dave. We hope to see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- DanielaWritten on June 16, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe tour was awesome! And Dave is hilarious! I loved the way he tells the stories about the places we’ve visited and the list of songs he played! I had so much fun!!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Daniela, Thanks so much for sharing the lovely photos and taking the time to rate us. We're delighted to hear that you had an amazing tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again very soon! Cheers, Jaz
- VanesaWritten on June 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentIt was extremely lovely! It would be great to have more trekking points.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Vanesa, Thanks so much for the lovely feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed the tour. If you come back for the longer tours, there 'll be more time for hikes. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Cheers, Jaz
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
- Day 2
End point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 24, 2018
What are the optional excursions?
The tour operator has advised that there are no optional excursions available for this tour, as the itinerary is already packed with great inclusions.
- April 4, 2018
Can you assist with booking additional accommodation?
Of course, we can! Once you have a confirmed booking on this tour, we can request additional accommodation for you with the tour operator.
- April 4, 2018
Is there a hotel list available?
The price of this tour does not include accommodation. Instead, the tour operator reserves dorm beds in their Highland hostels for everybody whilst on tour. Accommodation on this tour is made in backpacker hostels, in multi-share dormitories (bunk-beds). All the hostels have a self-catering kitchen so if you don't fancy going out to the local pubs or restaurants for a meal you can cook yourself.
Your accommodation in dorm style rooms is guaranteed and you just pay either with cash or by credit card on arrival. Prices range from £17 and £20 per night.
Usually, accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, however, this is a list of accommodations that they typically stay at:
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
3 Day Isle of Skye
- Upcoming departures
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayJun 27, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- WednesdayJun 27, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Edinburgh4 seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- FridayJun 29, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayJul 1, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayJul 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Edinburgh7 seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- FridayJul 6, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayJul 8, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$8USD $189Sold outSee similar tours on this date
- MondayJul 9, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayJul 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- WednesdayJul 11, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayJul 13, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- FridayJul 13, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysSundayJul 15, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
- MondayJul 16, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysWednesdayJul 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$55$197-28%USD $142
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 August 2018 the full payment of $142 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $142 for 3 Day Isle of Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 75 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 93 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $142 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 8,605 tours in Europe
- covered by 226 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Isle of Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 531 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Isle of Skye