3 Day Isle of Skye
- Our saving
- US $ 161
- Visit magnificent, historic castles
- Spot the Loch Ness monster
- Take in stunning views of Ben Nevis
- Explore the gorgeous Isle of Skye
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MCMatthewWritten on October 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhen I booked the 3-dau Isle of Skye tour, I was expecting some pretty views, I got a lot more. Neil was a fantastic tour guide who was both informative and funny in equal measure. Easily approachable if you had a question as well which was lovely. The bus we rode on was also comfortable and a great way to see the highlands. The accommodation was also fantastic, beds were comfortable and the breakfast options were great, the local pubs and restaurants available for dinner were also great. The Highlands themselves were more beautiful than I had anticipated. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone interested in exploring the highlands.Show detailed ratings
- CCelesteWritten on October 18, 20174.5 - ExcellentTHIS TOUR IS FOR BACKPACKERS. It was a small, amazing group of not too young, like-minded backpackers. We had a ton of fun in the Isle of Skye. Our tour guy was Dave and he was (sometimes painfully) funny and very helpful. He adapted our tour to include the things we wanted to do, including a 2-hour hike (which was rewarded by a bottle of whiskey for the group to share!) I really enjoyed this tour because it was very much geared towards our group. Would recommend to any backpackers on a budget because there were no "tourist traps" to get you to just spend more money. Accommodation was okay, nothing beyond hostel expectations. Scotland is a beauty and we embraced a little bit of liquid sunshine but Dave knew the best spots to take us. Great tour!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Celeste, We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the tour with Dave. Many thanks for taking the time to write a great review. Hopefully, you will come back to Scotland soon. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- KKellyWritten on October 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentDuring my 16 day tour of Europe, my time in the Isle of Skye with Macbackpackers was definitely my favorite part. Dave was a great tour guide--very fun, informative and funny. As a solo traveler, I would definitely recommend giving this tour a go!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Kelly, We are absolutely delighted to hear you had such a great time on our tour with Dave and that it was the highlight of your Euro trip. Thank you so much for taking the time to write the great review and sending the amazing pictures. Hopefully, you will come back to Europe soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- PCPeterWritten on October 9, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour was absolutely incredible. Apart from a bit of rain and wind, the Isle was breathtaking in every way and Dave made it a truly unforgettable experience. I will be sure to tell everyone I know about this so that they can have a similar experience as me.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Peter, Thank you for taking the time to review us and spreading the word. We are delighted to hear you had a great time on tour with Dave. Hopefully, we will see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- RRoosWritten on October 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis three day Isle of Skye tour exceeded all my expectations! Our tour guide Dave made sure we had as much off-the-bus-time as possible. His great story telling talent, amazing playlist and many many jokes made the time on the bus just fly by. The scenery in the Highlands was breathtaking and the other people on the tour were all extremely nice and open which is perfect for when you're traveling solo! I had an amazing time, a big thank you to Dave and everyone on the tour!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Roos, It's lovely to hear you enjoyed the tour with Dave and rest of the group. Thanks for rating us and taking the time to write such a nice review. We're looking forward to having you on tour soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- LukeWritten on October 7, 20175.0 - ExcellentHighly recommend! Great tour had a lot of flexibility on where we went. Covered plenty of sights and landmarks. Richard the tour guide helped give it all a much more personal experience of Scotland, not something you'd get on a larger tour. Could not recommend Mac backpackers enough 10/10Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Luke, It's great to hear that you enjoyed the tour with Richard. Many thanks for writing the review and hopefully, we'll have you on tour with us soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- AAhrenWritten on October 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe three day Isle of Skye tour was honestly one of the highlights of my trip around Europe. Truthfully, much of this great experience was due to Dave, our tour guide. He was absolutely hilarious, had an extreme in-depth knowledge of the locational history, and made the entire trip fun, social, loose, and just an all around great time. Also, the music playlist was spot on. Awesome music that often times fit directly with the stories being told. So many tours are way too stereotypically “touristy” for me, but this one was different for all the right reasons. The small group size, the fun/joking environment, staying with the group at a hostel, and just being able to actually get out and about and experience things outdoors was worlds better than the traditional, stuffy “hop-on-hop-off” style tours. I wouldn’t hesitate for a single second to recommend this tour to my friends and, more specifically, I would tell them that if Dave was their guide, that they would be in for an incredible, informative, and hilarious adventure. You’re the man, Dave. Thanks for making the trip such a memorable experience.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHey Ahren, Thank you so much for taking the time and writing such a lovely review. We're delighted to hear that you had an amazing tour with Dave. Hopefully, we'll see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- CMCarleyWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went on the 3 day Isle of the Skye tour from the 22nd to the 24th of September and it exceeded my expectations. I typically enjoy going and exploring new countries on my own and at my own pace, but we were let ample time to go see and do what we wanted. Our tour guide Richard was very knowledgeable about Scotland and its history. What I enjoyed the most was that he gave us options on things to do, and all the things he recommended were fantastic. We lucked out with the weather but make sure if you do this bring some waterproof walking shoes! Thanks for a great trip.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Carley, Thank you so much for taking time to review us. We're delighted that you enjoyed the tour with Richard and hopefully we'll see you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz
- YYuriWritten on October 3, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe tour was just above all expectations! Incredibly beautiful, charming and astonishing. We were traveling in a small but comfortable bus, the hostel is quite good for two-night stay, the living room is just an example of coziness :) Our guide, Marc, shared tons of interesting stories, legends and fun facts with us, as well as all sorts of Scottish music, and he definitely made this trip a lifetime experience. 10/10, it's a must for all kinds of travelers!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Yuri, We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the tour with us. Thank you for taking time to leave a great review and stunning pictures. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- JRJoanaWritten on September 30, 20174.5 - ExcellentI loved the 3 day Isle of Skye Tour. And Richard was responsible for that, too. Beautiful places, great stories. Everything super well organized. Thank you! And I hope to travel with you again!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Joana, Thank you for taking time to review us. We are so happy to hear you loved the tour. We look forward to seeing you again soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Where does the tour usually leave from?
The tours leave from Kyleakin and usually last longer than 4pm.
- May 1, 2017
Is accommodation included?
Unless otherwise stated, eg. Christmas/Hogmanay Packages, accommodation is not included in the price of the tour, but is guaranteed for you whilst on tour. We reserve a bed in a dormitory in each hostel we stay at for you. You will therefore be asked to pay on arrival at the hostels.You can pay for your accommodation with either cash or credit/debit card.
All of our hostels provide dormitory accommodation, in rooms of between 6 and 12 beds. A dorm bed will be held automatically for you for each night of your tour (not including Edinburgh).
- May 1, 2017
Are meals included?
The price of the tour doesn’t include food. However we make supermarket stops every day and each of the hostels has a well equipped kitchen for our guests to use. There will also be pubs and restaurants near each hostel if you feel like eating out in the evening.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Paul31st August 2017
3 Day Isle of Skye
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- WednesdayOct 25, 2017from EdinburghFridayOct 27, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $1860 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayOct 27, 2017from EdinburghSundayOct 29, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$18Price$191-9%USD $1747 spaces left
- MondayOct 30, 2017from EdinburghWednesdayNov 1, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$25Price$191-13%USD $16610+ spaces left
- FridayNov 3, 2017from EdinburghSundayNov 5, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$31Price$191-16%USD $16110+ spaces left
- MondayNov 6, 2017from EdinburghWednesdayNov 8, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$31Price$191-16%USD $16110+ spaces left
- WednesdayNov 8, 2017from EdinburghFridayNov 10, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$5PriceUSD $1860 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- FridayNov 10, 2017from EdinburghSundayNov 12, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$31Price$191-16%USD $16110+ spaces left
- MondayNov 13, 2017from EdinburghWednesdayNov 15, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$31Price$191-16%USD $16110+ spaces left
- FridayNov 17, 2017from EdinburghSundayNov 19, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$31Price$191-16%USD $16110+ spaces left
- MondayNov 20, 2017from EdinburghWednesdayNov 22, 2017in EdinburghOur saving$31Price$191-16%USD $16110+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 December 2017 the full payment of $161 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $161 for 3 Day Isle of Skye, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 96 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 75 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 42 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 93 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 95 km
- Stirling (Scotland)
- 50 km
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $161 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,239 tours in Europe
- covered by 166 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 3 Day Isle of Skye via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 52 travellers have already met
before they left for 3 Day Isle of Skye tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 380 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 3 Day Isle of Skye