- Our saving
- US $ 1,183
- New Delhi
- +6 Destinations
- Northern India
- New Delhi
- Explore New Delhi and Humayun's Tomb
- Experience the world famous Taj Mahal
- See tigers at Ranthambhore National Park
- Visit India’s most romantic city, Udaipur
- Age range
- 15 to 99 year olds
- Hotel, Camping
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Jeep & 4WD, Local Transport, Private Vehicle
- Travel style
- In-depth Cultural, Adventure
- Rather Poor
- RKRussellWritten on August 13, 20183.5 - GoodOverall Classic Rajasthan was an amazing experience. Very good balance of long and relaxed days. There were hiccups along the way, but our amazing guide Mohsin made necessary adjustments. Just be mindful that credit cards are not reliable--you will need to rely on cash most of the time.Show detailed ratings
- VWritten on March 10, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was a tour of a life time. One after the other after the other marvellous days. Learnt much and would highly recommend this for diversity of places to stay, types of locations and fantastic experiences.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Victoria, Thank you so much for sharing your experience in India with us! Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We always share feedback with our global team where it is very much appreciated. Hope to see you on a second trip of a lifetime with us soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- BMBarbaraWritten on February 26, 20184.5 - ExcellentA great experience! It was my first group trip with Intrepid so I was naturally a little nervous - I shouldn't have been. The tour was organized in great detail, with a good mix between comfort and adventure, organized activities and free time. The guides we had at the various destinations were all very good and Anil, the guide that stayed with us throughout the tour, was really great - very knowledgeable, ready to help with anything, and happy to answer our questions. I enjoyed every minute of the tour.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Barbara, Thank you for sharing your experience in India with us, sounds like you had a wonderful trip. Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your first trip with us – hopefully it won’t be your last! Kind regards, Intrepid
- JHJuttaWritten on February 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentI had an absolutelly amazing Classic Rasathan trip with Intrepid! Everything worked really well - the pre communication through Tourradar, an absolutelly lovely group of people on the tour itself, the amazing tourguide Abhi, well chosen hotels to good transportation.Show detailed ratingsIntrepid Travel commented on this reviewHi Jutta, Thank you for sharing your experience in India with us, sounds like you had a fabulous time. Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We always share positive comments like these with our global team, where they are very much appreciated. We’re delighted to hear that you had a great time with us and we hope to see you on another trip again soon! Kind regards, Intrepid
- EEEileenWritten on November 8, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour was full on busy, a bit like India, most places we visited were overnight stays with just a couple of two night stops. We used local transport for most of our journeys which was quite an experience. Although we visited Ranthambore we didnt see any tigers - big disappointment but not surprised as wildlife doesn't always show itself when you want it to. Our guide Promod was brilliant, he was helpful and ensured that we all got to do the things we wanted, organising some extra activities when requested. The accommodation was varried, from stays in castles to perminent tents and all things in between. As a lone traveller a great way to see India and meet like minded people.Show detailed ratings
- CMConnieWritten on October 10, 20174.5 - ExcellentAmazing value & variety in a whirlwind tour of northern India! I crossed many things off my India travel bucket list including seeing a tiger in Ranthambore, taking a hot air balloon ride, sleeping in a castle, riding a local train and going on a camel safari. Wow. Just WOW!!Show detailed ratings
- TWritten on June 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentChetan Shanker Jha was exceptional leader. Loved the tour and highly recommend it to anyone travelling to India. Trip of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
- RSRoseWritten on April 2, 20174.0 - GoodWe did our first ever tour (with Intrepid) to Rajasthan on the Classic Tour from 7 - 21 March with Anil as our guide. We were very pleased with the tour and the variety of travel and accommodation experiences on offer. Anil was a calm, responsive and attentive leader who inspired confidence. We thought he had a challenging task in view of the fact that one member of our tour needed a higher level of attention, which Anil willingly gave. We understand that Intrepid was not aware of this particular traveller's needs. We were agreeably surprised with the quality of the Swaran Palace Hotel in Karol Bargh (we gather there had been complaints about the previous one used by Intrepid). The only place that disappointed us somewhat was Udaipur, where our room in the downtown hotel was dirty and depressing, with dusty blinds tacked down so we had no view of the grotty area outside the window. Also, in Udaipur the guide who was allocated us round the Palace did not take us on any kind of town tour, which we had been promised - and in retrospect we think he could have taken us to the Palace Gardens and showed us where to have a drink overlooking the lake. Also, we were denied the cooking session we'd booked because of a larger group of people having preference over us. Overall we were impressed with Intrepid, with our excellent tour leader, and with the small size of our group.Show detailed ratings
- CMCliveWritten on April 2, 20174.5 - ExcellentAll our concerns about how we would handle India - mainly medical and food - evapourated as soon as the tour started. The guide - Anil - was perfect. He was understated but well organised and very knowledgable and always willing to answer our questions. He also had a couple of difficult issues to deal with which he handled very well. The accomodation exceeded our expectations with some real standout stays in palaces/castles which may have had a slight air of decaying grandeur but which made them all the more fun. One exception was the two day stay in Udaipur at the end of the tour where our room was claustrophobic and not particularly clean - but I believe Intrepid are aware of this and looking to replace it. The camping was in a beautiful location and really quite luxurious. Some early morning starts proved demanding but the travel on local trains and buses was also good fun. Lots of opportunities to interact with rural and city population which provided some of the best moments of the tour. We also had well planned 'recovery days' after long periods of travel. Not so keen on Rathnambur National Park even though we did see a tiger! We were there on a Sunday with masses of vehicles travelling around in a fairly uncontrolled fashion. May be better on weekdays? All in all a really great introduction to a unique and interesting part of India.Show detailed ratings
- CBCarolynWritten on March 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentA 55 year old lady. My 1st trip oversea's I chose India Intrepid Comfort trip travelling Rajasthan. Went with a open mind & no expectations. I had the time of my life! Amazing accomodation, treated like royalty! our guide Mohsin was exceptional, felt safe, happy, content throughout. Mohsin made sure we had the best seat & view when dining out, assisted with selections of food all deliscous!! Listerned & embraced the Culture, admired in oar the beautiful out of this world Taj Mahal! intricate detailed built Palaces, Forts, Temples, Mosques all rich in History. Only 10 on comfortable air conditioned bus, happy travellers, everlasting friendships! In wonderfull INDIA !!! Carolyn BoucherShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Delhi
- Day 2: Delhi
- Day 3: Agra
- Day 4: Madhogarh
- Day 5: Jaipur
- Day 6: Jaipur
- Day 7: Ranthambhore National Park
- Day 8: Bundi
- Day 9: Paangarh
- Day 10: Bijaipur
- Day 11: Udaipur
- Day 12: Udaipur
- Day 13: Pushkar
- Day 14: Pushkar - Delhi
- Day 15: Delhi
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
Is there a hotel list available?
The tour operator has advised that they do not have a hotel list available for this tour, as all accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date. After the booking is made you will be issued your final trip documents with your specific accommodation details. That being said, on this tour you will be staying 1 night in a permanent tent, 10 nights in hotels and 3 nights on heritage property. An example of a hotel that they generally stay at on this tour is Hotel Taj Princess - hopefully, this can give you an idea of the kind of accommodation you can expect on tour.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour will end in the morning on the last day of the tour at Hotel Taj Princess and it is now time to say farewell to Delhi! There are no activities planned for the final day and you’re able to depart the accommodation at any time. Please be aware the hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released.
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day. Meet your fellow travellers, and depending on what time you arrive, head into Delhi and visit the World Heritage-listed Mughal masterpiece of Humayun's Tomb or the tall brick tower of Qutub Minar. The tour generally starts from Hotel Taj Princess, however, please be aware the starting hotel is subject to change until your final documents are released. Your adventure officially begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm, so we recommend arriving beforehand.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Debra2nd June 2018
- Upcoming departures
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- FridayAug 31, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysFridaySep 14, 2018to New Delhi0 seats left$59USD $1,421
- TuesdaySep 4, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysTuesdaySep 18, 2018to New Delhi6 seats left$197$1,450-14%USD $1,253
- FridaySep 7, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysFridaySep 21, 2018to New Delhi7 seats left$197$1,450-14%USD $1,253
- SundaySep 9, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysSundaySep 23, 2018to New Delhi4 seats left$60USD $1,435
- TuesdaySep 11, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysTuesdaySep 25, 2018to New Delhi8 seats left$267$1,450-18%USD $1,183
- SundaySep 16, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysSundaySep 30, 2018to New DelhiOnly 1 seat left$64USD $1,531
- TuesdaySep 18, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysTuesdayOct 2, 2018to New Delhi0 seats left$64USD $1,531
- TuesdaySep 25, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysTuesdayOct 9, 2018to New Delhi0 seats left$64USD $1,531
- FridaySep 28, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysFridayOct 12, 2018to New Delhi0 seats left$61USD $1,459
- TuesdayOct 2, 2018from New Delhi15 DaysTuesdayOct 16, 2018to New Delhi0 seats left$61USD $1,474
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for India. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for India. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for India. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for India. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for India. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Start and end in New Delhi.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 October 2018 the full payment of $1,183 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1183 for Classic Rajasthan, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- New Delhi (India)
- 179 km
- Agra (India)
- 222 km
- Jaipur (India)
- 122 km
- Ranthambhore National Park (India)
- 108 km
- Bundi (India)
- 218 km
- Udaipur (India)
- 230 km
- Pushkar (India)
- 355 km
- New Delhi (India)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,183 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,418 tours in Asia
- covered by 254 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date.
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Classic Rajasthan
Last modified (date)
Joining point instructions
Alternate Joining point
Alternate Joining point description
Alternate Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Alternate Finish point
Alternate Finish point description
Alternate Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers