Start planning your tour
Places You’ll See
- Miyajima Island
Start in Tokyo and end in Osaka! With the discovery tour Simply Japan, you have a 14 day tour package taking you through Tokyo, Japan and 8 other destinations in Japan. Simply Japan includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1: Join trip in Tokyo
- Day 2: Experience the spectacular Fire Ceremony and discover Tokyo’s temples and frenetic city streets
- Day 3: Explore Tokyo with the option to visit Hakone National Park for views of Mount Fuji
- Day 4: Travel by train to Matsumoto and discover the impressive Crow Castle
- Day 5: Meet the snow monkeys of Jigokudani and spend the night in Zenkoji Temple
- Day 6: Join the monks for morning prayers and explore the samurai district of Kanazawa
- Day 7: Free time in Kanazawa to try sushi at the Omichi Fish Market or discover the 'Ninja Temple'
- Day 8: Try sake in the old town of Takayama and stay in a family-run ryokan
- Day 9: Travel by train to Hiroshima and experience the poignant Peace Park and Peace Museum
- Day 10: Take the ferry to Miyajima Island, meet the tame deer and see the floating torii gate
- Day 11: Take the Bullet train to Kyoto and explore Nijo Castle
- Day 12: Free time to explore the Zen gardens, temples and geisha district of Kyoto
- Day 13: Continue discovering Kyoto before travelling to Osaka for a final night amongst the neon lights
- Day 14: Trip ends in Osaka
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ANorma· December 23, 2019I had an awesome time. I had some reservations, and did a let research before going to Japan, to ensure that I was mentally prepared. I have to say, I am pleased I did. This background information plus the excellent guide made my trip to Japan even... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewHello, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review on your trip. I am so pleased you enjoyed Japan and hope you will explore the rest of the world with us in the future!Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ABrian· December 23, 2019Would liked to have seen a tea ceremony. Would have loved to have seen some sumo wrestling but think this might be seasonal so not available.Trip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ACarolyn· December 23, 2019I personally would have liked more time at the Folk Museum but I know it was a question of balance in a city with an awful lot to see.Trip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ABrian· December 23, 2019Including more rural Japan would have been nice, it was a bit city heavy.Trip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAnn· December 23, 2019Overall an 5 trip but one or two extra touches as I have explained would have made it for me.Trip date: August 2019Review collected by Explore!
- JBJane· December 20, 2019Very busy tour covering different parts of Japan. Great introduction to the country. The hotels were all of good quality and well located. The timing of the tour meant that the free day in Tokyo was when all the museums were shut and the day in... Show moreTrip date: November 2019
- CCarolynAlexander· October 30, 2019Go for it! It's a wonderful introduction to Japan - it's history, culture, temples, castles, people and food.Trip date: October 2019
- Kevin· May 23, 2019A very good introduction to Japan. Be aware that there is a fair bit of walking involved and the agenda is hurried at times because some venues and museums close early. I felt more time was needed in Hiroshima and less in Osaka.Trip date: May 2019
Dates & Availability
From Tokyo to Osaka
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 6, 2020SaturdaySep 19, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationTuesdaySep 22, 2020MondayOct 5, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560Book With Flexibility
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 11, 2020SaturdayOct 24, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 18, 2020SaturdayOct 31, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 25, 2020SaturdayNov 7, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 1, 2020SaturdayNov 14, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 8, 2020SaturdayNov 21, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,560
- Get Instant ConfirmationThursdayNov 12, 2020WednesdayNov 25, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,630
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 15, 2020SaturdayNov 28, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,630
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayFeb 14, 2021SaturdayFeb 27, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$4,340
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar