- Tour Operator:
- Max group size:
- Age range:
- 16 to 85
- Operated in:
- Tour id:
- Hygiene Measures:
Places You’ll See
- Cycle through the heart of the Transylvanian Alp
- Explore medieval towns and impressive castles
- Wander through the home of Dracula's at Bran Castle
- Discover the beautiful UNESCO town of Sighisoara
- Fall in love with 'the Paris of the East' at Bucharest
- Day 1: Join trip Bucharest
- Day 2: Explore Bucharest, drive to Bran Castle and on to Moieciu
- Day 3: Cycle Piatra Craiului National Park to Bucium
- Day 4: Visit the Sambata Monastery, cycle via Arpasu to Albota
- Day 5: Cycle the Olt River Valley to Talmaciu, drive to Sibiu
- Day 6: Drive to Carta, ride via Agnita to Dealu Frumos
- Day 7: Cycle to UNESCO listed Sighisoara
- Day 8: Visit Peles Castle, drive to Bucharest
- Day 9: Trip ends Bucharest
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Operated by Explore!
We've been taking small groups on adventure holidays for almost 40 years. Our authentic adventure travel experiences explore the sights and culture of a country, with hand-picked accommodation that balances comfort and location. Our average group tour size is just 12; perfect for meeting new people and getting to the heart of our destinations. Explore is one of the worlds most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning Explore leaders. With Explore, you'll get to see your destination from a whole new perspective that takes you away from the typical well-trodden tourist track. You'll have the chance to meet, dine and stay with local people, rest in authentic accommodation with other like-minded explorers and travel to must-see destinations with a unique Explore twist. From family holidays to trips for solo travellers; cycling tours to wildlife safaris; trekking on mountains or exploring miles of scenic coastline; self-guided journeys small group trips or Private Tours; there is something for every kind of traveller with Explore. We will provide our expert knowledge, exciting itineraries and outstanding service as part of our sustainable travel experiences which take you under the skin of the country you're visiting for the adventure of a lifetime.Read more
Reduce Carbon Emissions
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- ATrish· December 23rd, 2019I did appreciate the group being small-4- & was initially surprised it ran but to our advantage! A rival company on cycling tour had 16 & that seemed too many.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your trip! Our trips will have smaller group numbers for 2021 trips.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AKarin· December 23rd, 2019Great holiday and lovely seeing the country side. No coffee or afternoon drink stops on most days but this is because there is no where to stop.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback and review.Trip date: August 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAndrew· December 23rd, 2019Bikes were 4; distances and uphill climbs appropriate.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AChristopher· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ADiane· December 23rd, 2019-Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AAnn· December 23rd, 2019Romania drivers are not sympathetic to cyclists. They drive too fast overtake on bends and we had a few scary moments. I hope it’s not an accident waiting to happen.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your feedback!Trip date: August 2019Review collected by Explore!
- Kkarinkidd· September 30th, 2019Bogdan was an excellent tour leader. His local knowledge and enthusiasm for Romanica really made the trip. Good cycling routes and lovely countryside. This trip is a mixture of on and off road cycling on a mountain bike. I would guess at least 30% of... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your detailed review and praise for Bogdan.Trip date: September 2019
- DDiane· September 24th, 2019Good tour with a great tour leader. Some long cycling days, enjoyed having an e-bike. Hotels and guest houses variable in quality of breakfast but all were very clean.Explore! commented on this reviewHi Diane, thank you for your review. I was sorry to hear you found the breakfasts variable - we will review this aspect. Pleased to see you enjoyed both the tour and the cycling.Trip date: September 2019
- SSophieCorlett· September 17th, 2019Great to see rural Romania up close and to hear about the history and culture from our ever patient guide Bogdan. Each day was a good mix of cycling and sightseeing with some good climbs and gravel paths to test our abilitiesExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!Trip date: September 2019
- EElisabethMills· September 17th, 2019Be prepared for another full on, no time to relax, go with the flow "holiday".Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review. Hope it was fun.Trip date: September 2019
Dates & Availability
Take advantage of our 0% interest instalment plan on selected departures. Learn More
- Saturday20 May, 2023Sunday28 May, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,590
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday10 Jun, 2023Sunday18 Jun, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,590
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday15 Jul, 2023Sunday23 Jul, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,5900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday12 Aug, 2023Sunday20 Aug, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,5900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday2 Sep, 2023Sunday10 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,5900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday16 Sep, 2023Sunday24 Sep, 2023EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,5900% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday18 May, 2024Sunday26 May, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,6500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday8 Jun, 2024Sunday16 Jun, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,6500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday13 Jul, 2024Sunday21 Jul, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,6500% Interest Instalments
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturday10 Aug, 2024Sunday18 Aug, 2024EnglishMultiple Room Types$1,6500% Interest Instalments
Frequently Asked Questions
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- Plugs & Adapters
As a traveller from USA, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa you will need an adaptor for types C, E, F.
- Type CRomania
- Type ERomania
- Type FRomania
- These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Typhoid - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Tuberculosis - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B - Recommended for Romania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer you a visa application service. Whether you need a visa or not depends on your nationality and where you wish to travel. Assuming your home country does not have a visa agreement with the country you're planning to visit, you will need to apply for a visa in advance of your scheduled departure.
- Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
- Payment information
- For any tour departing before June 13th, 2023 a full payment is necessary. For tours departing after June 13th, 2023, a minimum payment of 30% is required to confirm your booking with Explore!. The final payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on the designated due date. The final payment of the remaining balance is required at least 75 days prior to the departure date of your tour. TourRadar never charges you a booking fee and will charge you in the stated currency.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Explore! will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- The following cards are accepted for "Explore!" tours: Visa, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express or PayPal. TourRadar does NOT charge you an extra fee for using any of these payment methods.
- Cancellation Policy
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar is an authorised Agent of Explore!. Please familiarise yourself with the Explore! payment, cancellation and refund conditions.
- AccessibilitySome tours are not suitable for mobility-restricted traveller, however, some operators may be able to accommodate special requests. For any enquiries, you can contact our customer support team, who are ready and waiting to help you.
Keep Exploring Romania
- 10 Best Backpacking Tours Europe 2023/2024
- Best 4 week Europe Itineraries [Train, Cruises & More]
- 10 Best Cycling Tour Companies 2023/2024
- 10 Amazing Private Bicycle Tours 2023/2024
- 10 Best Cycling Trips 2023/2024
- Romania from Bucharest
- Romania Bicycle
- 9 days Romania
- Operators in Europe
- Carpathian Mountains
- Piatra Craiului Mountains
- Cycle Romania Tours in Romania
- Bicycle Tours
- Piatra Craiului Mountains Tours
- Bicycle Tours
- Active Adventure Tours
- Group Tours
- Fully Guided Tours
- Carpathian Mountains
- Piatra Craiului Mountains
- Romania tours