Start planning your tour
- Hike through Europe's longest gorge, Samaria
- Walk along the scenic coastline of Ayia Roumeli
- Wander through the streets of quiet, coastal Loutro
- Admire the views from Zarosin the Idi Mountains
Start in Chania and end in Heraklion! With the walking tour Walking in Crete, you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Chania, Greece and 7 other destinations in Greece. Walking in Crete includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in Chania
Start point Arkadi Hotel, Hotel Reception, 1866 Square, Chania 731 00, Greece 18:00
- Day 2: Walking tour of Chania; drive to Omalos Plateau
- Day 3: Hike Samaria Gorge to Agia Roumeli
- Day 4: Coastal walk to Loutro
- Day 5: Exploring Loutro
- Day 6: Morning relaxing; ferry to Chora Sfakion; drive to Zaros
- Day 7: Hiking Zaros Gorge
Day 8: Drive to Heraklion airport where the trip ends
End point Heraklion Airport, Departures Hall, 85QF+RV Nea Alikarnassos, Greece 11:00
- Additional Services
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- AGillianDecember 23, 2019an excellent trip liked the itinerary and able to opt out of walk if necessaryTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ADavidDecember 23, 2019The tour leader makes such a big difference and Pan was excellent. A good mix of people in the group.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ASaraDecember 23, 2019Unfortunately, the Samaria Gorge was closed due to weather, and the Samaria Gorge walk was my main reason for selecting this Explore holiday. It would be useful if the trip notes indicated that the Samaria Gorge was sometimes closed because of rain or... Show moreTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AFionaDecember 23, 2019It was my first trip with Explore and I was so impressed with your professionalism from start to finish. Such good value and every moment had been thought through. I LOVED my trip and cant wait to book another one.Trip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ACharlesDecember 23, 2019The grading of the walks we did are questionable as being moderateTrip date: May 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ASandraDecember 23, 2019-Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ANigelDecember 23, 2019A reasonably active, but not too strenuous trip, 4 for a holiday. Plenty of time to relax. A 4 group of participants. 4 weather! As expected.Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ADebraDecember 23, 2019-Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AJaneDecember 23, 2019-Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AWilliamDecember 23, 2019A wonderful trip - maybe needs some warnings that the Samaria gorge could be difficult for people with ailing limbs etc - but to be fair in your advance information it does say to have frequent practice walks!Trip date: September 2019Review collected by Explore!
Walking in Crete
From Chania to Heraklion
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
- SundayMay 3, 2020SundayMay 10, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,080
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayMay 10, 2020SundayMay 17, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,080
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayMay 24, 2020SundayMay 31, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,080
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 6, 2020SundaySep 13, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,120
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 13, 2020SundaySep 20, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,120
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundaySep 20, 2020SundaySep 27, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,120
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayOct 11, 2020SundayOct 18, 2020Sharing a twin room$1,120
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar