Start planning your tour
- See sloths, monkeys and brightly coloured frogs
- Admire the classic cone-shape of Arenal
- Cruise the jungle waterways in search of wildlife
- Search for the beautiful quetzal in Monteverde
- Share white-sand beaches with sun-bathing iguanas
Start and end in San Jose! With the discovery tour Explore Costa Rica, you have a 15 day tour package taking you through San Jose, Costa Rica and 6 other destinations in Costa Rica. Explore Costa Rica includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Day 1: Join trip in San Jose
Start point Quality Real Hotel, Hotel Reception, Costado Este Forum, Autopista Próspero Fernández, San José, Costa Rica 19:00
- Day 2: Visit the Poas Volcano; try out traditional oxcart painting
- Day 3: Drive to San Gerardo de Dota and the Savegre Cloud Forest
- Day 4: Early morning search for quetzal; free day to explore the forest
- Day 5: Travel to rural Turrialba; free afternoon and evening meal at a traditional finca (farm)
- Day 6: Whitewater rafting through the forest-covered Pacuare River
- Day 7: Journey by bus and boat to Tortuguero National Park
- Day 8: Full day to explore the park searching for wildlife
- Day 9: Drive to Sarapiqui; Visit La Tirimbina for a chocolate tour and night walk in the forest
- Day 10: Walk in the Selva Verde Rainforest Reserve; drive to Arenal
- Day 11: Free day around La Fortuna; optional zip wire or hanging bridges
- Day 12: Drive south to Manuel Antonio National Park
- Day 13: Explore Manuel Antonio's wildlife and beaches
- Day 14: Free day in Manuel Antonio; relax on the beach, snorkel or revisit the park
Day 15: Travel back to San Jose International Airport where the trip ends
End point San Jose Airport, Departures Hall, 1701 Airport Blvd, San Jose, CA 95110, USA 10:00
- Additional Services
- Optional Extras
- Additional Services
Where You'll Stay
- Overall RatingExcellent
- Most Recent
- Most Popular
- Highest First
- Lowest First
- JJanHarris· March 12, 2020Be prepared for variable weather conditions from hot, windy, rainy and humid. Do not expect to see all wildlife as you're not in a zoo! Plenty of early starts but that's the necessity of this tour if you want to have the best chances of seeing... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewHi Jan, Really glad to hear you enjoyed your tour - Costa Rica certainly is beautiful! Thanks for your review :) CarmelTrip date: March 2020
- ESElaine· January 07, 2020The tour leader and the driver were excellent, knowledgeable, endlessly patient and upbeat. Hotels were generally acceptable but not luxurious. La Baula Lodge was below par (both food and accommodations). Guayabo Lodge was too far from the included... Show moreExplore! commented on this reviewDear Elaine, Many thanks for your review – I’m so glad to hear that positive feedback about your Tour Leader, but I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t see as many animals as you were hoping for. December and January are peak months in Costa Rica, and the... Show moreTrip date: December 2019
- AJames· December 23, 2019We had a fantastic and educational holiday. We have recommended it to many peopleExplore! commented on this reviewThat's great to hear, thank you for your recommendation!Trip date: March 2019Review collected by Explore!
- ASharon· December 23, 2019I have always enjoyed explore trips but have to say Juan Carlos is the best guide I have had on any trip. He never made us feel rushed to get his time off he was completely in tune with the needs of the group.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your great review. We're really glad to hear about Juan Carlos, and will pass on the feedback to him.Trip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- AJeremy· December 23, 2019Food and drink in country was more expensive than we expected. A bottle of water at the airport on arrival or in the coach would be a great welcomeExplore! commented on this reviewMany thanks for your review, Costa Rica is unfortunately an expensive destination, and often more than people realise. Explore are moving away from providing plastic bottles from our trips, but we are working together with Water to Go, who have an... Show moreTrip date: October 2019Review collected by Explore!
- GGailandHaydnSmith· December 01, 2019The tour leader was excellent. Wildlife was somewhat hard to spot (I was expecting plenty of toucans but saw only a few isolated ones). Our particular group were fun and very good company. There was a more commercial tourism than I expected.Explore! commented on this reviewThanks for your great review! I agree - wildlife in Costa Rica is harder to spot than you think (apart from sloths - they're pretty easy to find!), but usually our Tour Leaders do a great job of picking them out of the trees. Great to hear that you had... Show moreTrip date: November 2019
- ASuzanne· May 17, 2019Memorable and excellent holidayExplore! commented on this reviewMany thanks for your kind review.Trip date: December 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AStewart· May 17, 2019Great holidayExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your review :)Trip date: November 2018Review collected by Explore!
- ASarah· May 17, 2019Manuel Antonio disappointing so would be good to find a better destination on the Pacific Coast. White Water Rafting, Tortuguero and the humming birds were highlights for meExplore! commented on this reviewThanks for your great review. We're really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Manuel Antonio - many of our other customers love it! Glad to see the positive feedback for the rest of the trip though. Thank you.Trip date: January 2018Review collected by Explore!
- AMartin· May 17, 2019It was my first trip of this kind for more than 40 years and I thoroughly enjoyed it; most of all because the group (including Jose and Antonio) soon became good friends enjoying each other's company and appreciation of the places visited, activities... Show moreTrip date: July 2018Review collected by Explore!
Dates & Availability
Explore Costa Rica
From San Jose to San Jose
No credit card fees
Select a departure month
Select The Travel Month
Select Your Tour Version
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 10, 2020SaturdayOct 24, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,220
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayOct 17, 2020SaturdayOct 31, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,220
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayNov 7, 2020SaturdayNov 21, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,220
- Get Instant ConfirmationSundayNov 22, 2020SundayDec 6, 2020Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,220
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayJan 30, 2021SaturdayFeb 13, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,360
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayFeb 13, 2021SaturdayFeb 27, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,360
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayFeb 27, 2021SaturdayMar 13, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,360
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMar 13, 2021SaturdayMar 27, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,360
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayMar 27, 2021SaturdayApr 10, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,360
- Get Instant ConfirmationSaturdayApr 3, 2021SaturdayApr 17, 2021Multiple Room TypesHold space for 48h$3,360
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Good to Know
- About the country
- Payment information
- Cancellation Policy
- Discover TourRadar