National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures Reviews (186)Write a review
CarolynWritten on March 24th, 2020Super guide . Great resorts. Enjoyed every day.
CristabelWritten on March 16th, 2020This was a wonderful trip, everyone was so gracious and informative and professional. Thank you
RoniWritten on March 10th, 2020It was one of the best ever trips I did before, thanks also because of you
National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures Tours
National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures Destinations
Travel With Confidence
When you’re ready to travel again, we're here to support you. Your safety, as well as the safety of our employees and partners, has always been our top priority, which is why new physical distancing and cleaning measures have been put in place on all of our tours. Our new Travel with Confidence policy features new health and safety procedures from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave, without taking away from having the time of your life. The policy will evolve as time goes on and as we continue to monitor local public health recommendations, but what won’t change is our commitment to keeping you safe as you explore our big, beautiful world.
G Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that we have implemented health and hygiene protocols that are aligned with WTTC’s Safe Travels Protocols
As a major contributing partner in the creation of these recommendations, G Adventures is proud to be implementing ATTA's COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines , developed in collaboration with Cleveland Clinic, across all our tours.
Our Global Connection Officers
Our GCOs (the people who answer when you call us) are available 24/7 to help with any questions you have prior to your trip, so you can feel confident and safe before leaving. No matter what time of day, they're there to respond to you — even at 3AM. They'll be up to date on local regulations and restrictions and can guide you through your travel process as smoothly as possible. And if you don't feel well before travelling, there's our Book with Confidence policy that helps you reschedule your trip for when you do, which they can help you with too (terms & conditions apply). If you book flights with us and there are any changes, rest assured that the team will support you by making new arrangements on your behalf.
Our groups have always been small. This offers security, access, camaraderie, and a connection with your destination you won't get by travelling on bus tours or on your own.
Our Chief Experience Officers
Our CEOs are responsible for ensuring you have the time of your life while keeping you as safe as possible. Here’s how they’re ready to do that:
- They’re trained in First Aid, CPR, and other safety protocols
- They’re supported 24/7 by the field staff in our offices around the world who are well-equipped to handle emergencies
- They can help you find local clinics if you're feeling sick
- They’ll receive new training to ensure they are up to date on all health and safety policies during these evolving times
- They have extensive local knowledge to proactively help you navigate wherever you’re travelling
- Their local knowledge allows for greater flexibility when it comes to knowing the best time to visit certain highlights to avoid crowds whenever possible and suggesting the restaurants with the strictest hygiene practices or those where you can reserve your own table or room in advance
- They’ll wear face masks when necessary based on local guidelines and recommendations
You and Your Fellow Travellers
Our travellers' safety and wellbeing is our biggest concern. If you're not feeling well before your departure, we have a Book with Confidence policy that provides you with flexibility and freedom to delay leaving until you’re back to 100% healthy (terms & conditions apply). If you have a fever or any other symptoms on tour, you may be required to have a doctor clear you before rejoining us. All travellers are requested to bring face coverings, whether they're buffs, face masks or bandanas (extra style points encouraged). We'll make every effort to have hand sanitizer available, but we recommend bringing your own.
Planes, Trains, Automobiles and More
Small private transport vehicles
- Every surface in our well-kept fleet of private vehicles will get at least one daily deep cleaning
- Each traveller will have a daily assigned seat
- Hand-sanitizer will be required every time you board the vehicle
- Facial coverings will be recommended while on-board
- Every surface will get at least one daily deep cleaning
- High-traffic areas will receive more frequent cleaning
- Hand-sanitizer or hand washing will be required every time you board the boat, as well as before and after meals
- To support physical distancing, meals may have assigned seating and there will be assigned slots for activities and rooming
- Facial coverings will be recommended and welcomed on-board
- Your crew is trained in health and safety measures (including food handling) and all cooking staff will follow up-to-date advice from health authorities
- Use of local transportation will be limited wherever possible. Please reference the Trip Details for each individual tour for specifics
- If local transportation is used, precautions will be followed in adherence to local health and safety regulations to keep our travellers safe and sound.
Where You'll Be Staying Safe
We’ve always carefully selected our accommodation partners for their high standards and local roots. Travelling in small groups means that we stay at smaller hotels too, with fewer guests — which means less daily contact with others outside your group in public spaces. Now we are working with our accommodation partners to optimize their health, safety and cleanliness procedures, as well as creating additional measures for physical distancing. Here are some of the things we’re working on to help keep you safe:
- Daily deep cleaning and disinfecting of all surface areas inside your room with extra cleaning on light switches, door handles, TV remotes, and thermostats
- No hotel staff will enter your room after it has been cleaned
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all public restrooms and all surfaces in public areas. This might include the closure of public spaces such as gyms, bars, restaurants, and meeting rooms for periods throughout the day
- Wherever possible, our groups will stay on the lower floors to limit elevator use
- Hotels will implement physical distancing protocols in line with local regulations
- This is just the beginning of our commitments to keeping you sleeping safe and sound. We will continue to evolve and roll-out these and additional policies as needed.
A Good & Safe Place to Eat
We have always carefully selected our food service partners and worked closely with them to ensure they are meeting health, safety, and cleanliness standards with their facilities, staff training, and food preparation and delivery. Wherever possible, we will reserve separate tables or private rooms at the restaurants we visit, opt for more "al fresco" opportunities when we can (gotta love that fresh air!), and ensure breakfasts can be “grab and go” boxes, while avoiding family style or self-serve buffets for meals. We want you to feel comfortable and safe as you savour every last bite.
You’ve always had freedom and flexibility to do your own thing on our tours with optional activities and experiences. Now, you’ll still have those options with added measures to keep you healthy and safe. All equipment for activities on tour, including hiking poles, camping supplies, life jackets, snorkels, etc., will be cleaned thoroughly at least once a day and disinfected between use. When travellers are responsible for putting up their own tents on camping itineraries, you will be given the supplies required to disinfect your gear. We will also do our best to make activities and highlights stops happen during non-peak hours, so you can have fun and feel safe no matter what you’re doing.
A Healthy Goodbye
If you’re not feeling well at the end of your tour for any reason, let your CEO know and they can help get you access to medical care and support. Because we want you to head home after a life-changing experience feeling just as good (let’s be honest, way better) than when you left.
Contact our Travel Experts
+1 844 239 9196
Our team of experienced tour specialists have travelled to hundreds of countries around the globe and have decades of first-hand travel experience to share. Contact us now to have all of your tour-related questions answered!