Ultimate Skye Experience
- Our saving
- US $ 283
- See Britain's highest peak and visit haunting Glen Coe
- Snap a photo of Scotland’s iconic Eilean Donan Castle
- Traverse rugged Isle of Skye and feast on fish and chips
- Look out for Nessie as you cruise across the Loch Ness
- Rather Poor
- KWKateWritten on September 30, 20183.5 - GoodHi! I am so glad that I booked a tour with your company! I learned so much more than I feel I would have been able to had I tried to travel the country without a guide. James was excellent! I don't think there was anything more I could hope for the the experience he provided for us. He was completely accommodating and had such a lovely attitude throughout our adventure to Skye. I will never forget my experience and am already imagining my next adventure to your beautiful country! Worth every penny. Thank you James! ♡Show detailed ratings
- CBCindyWritten on August 13, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe took the 3 day Skye tour with Brian. The first day was long and not very much info was shared. The time on the bus did not match the real time and on several stops there was a confusion on what time to meet. After talking to Brian about this he became more clear on times and where to find the bus. Our b&b was a shock. We asked for accommodations for 3 and we stayed in Kyle with Mike. There were 7 guests and one working bathroom. The rooms had not been vacuumed for what I would guess was a long time and the bunk beds needing dusting as the bed covers showed a layer of dust. We did not know whether to ask for another accommodation the next day or not. The town had maybe 3 restaurants and you had to walk to get your evening meal. The town was quaint and having come from Los Angeles a complete shock to us. The second morning we went downstairs to breakfast and Mike had prepared a meat eaters Scottish breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, and mushrooms. I can’t adequately describe the setting of tables, couches, books, and stuff in that room, but I can say that the breakfast was tasty and the host a very nice and sincere person. After learning that Getting supplies to Kyle is very difficult and what an effort it takes to get something simple like a toaster, or a toilet fixed, we felt grateful to share his home. Other people on our bus had better accommodations but it is the luck of the draw on what you get. Everyone stays at a different place. Internet was basically nonexistent due to weather. Day 2 we spent in Skye and we had more time to explore. Brian talked more this day and we saw several beautiful locations and had more time for lunch. We visited fort Williams and saw hairy coos and castles and many waterfalls during the day. Day 3was my favorite. We visited The collodin battlefield and visited lochness. We were traveling better as a group and Brian was a wealth of information on clan and Scotland. HiaShow detailed ratings
- KMKristineWritten on August 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentTour guide Andrew is such an amazing story teller with a great sense of humour and an incredible historical and general knowledge of Scotland. He made the tour so much fun and informative. The itinerary was well paced and gave me a wonderful introduction to the beauty and history of Scotland. Would highly recommend the tour and the tour company.Show detailed ratings
- AMAdelineWritten on August 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentAndrew made the tour a very interesting and enjoyable experience! His knowledge of Scottish history and storytelling abilities were both excellent! He is also a charming host who takes care of his tour guests. It was a wonderful tour!!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on August 6, 20184.0 - GoodHad a great guide with Brian. Very patient with straggling passengers. Went out of his way to make us comfortable on the bus and told great stories about the history of the sites we visited. The first day is long. The weather was mostly favorable but it takes a long time to get to skye. Once there we were shocked at the accommodations. 7 guests and one shared bathroom with a not very flushing toilet. The rooms were dirty and on a scale of 1 to 5, a one. However the owner was delightful and after talking with him a while it was obvious to us why nothing work d well. Satellite issues due to weather for instance. In the states the place would be condemned but I found mike a delightful host. The town had 2 restaurants so finding food was CinderellaShow detailed ratings
- SMSarahWritten on January 19, 20181.5 - Rather poorI was really disappointed by this tour the one thing that made up our mind in choosing was the whisky tour which was cancelled leaving the tour guide to obviously scramble to find something else to do he took as to his friend cafe. Also beware of the lodgings on the last night I found hair mixed in our pizza and meal worms in my soup.Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewDear Sarah McInroy, Thank you for your feedback. We’re surprised you did not raise this with us directly during or immediately after the tour. Unfortunately, due to an unforeseen closure due to the weather we were unable to visit the Whisky Tasting on Skye. We hope you enjoyed the other impressive sights you saw on this date such as Kilt Rock, The Old Man of Storr, Uig and The Fairy Glen. We take complaints such as this incredibly seriously and have contacted the accommodation provider directly to get their response. As you’ll understand we allows guests to choose where they dine in the evenings. On this occasion it looks like you did not dine with our supplier but ate elsewhere in the village. Accommodation Owner: “There were no complaints about their food. They never complained or raised any concerns about the food. I asked them if everything was ok before they left and they said yes. I spoke to them extensively during their stay and they said nothing negative about their stay at all. I am sorry they had this to say about somewhere but as we do not serve pizza I cannot add to this as I cannot in all honesty see how it refers to us.” Kind Regards, Clare
- JJuliaWritten on November 6, 20173.0 - AverageBeautiful nature. Good accommodation. amazing castles, But such a rainy weather!!!Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Julia S, Unfortunately, we can't control the weather and it can be a little unpredictable in Scotland. If you have any suggestions about how we could improve we'd be delighted to hear them. Kind Regards, Clare
- SidneyWritten on October 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur tour to the highlands was fantastic! Steven was an excellent tour guide, he had lots of stories about all the sites we were seeing. We made plenty of stops in between the main locations to get pictures and explore little towns. We chose to stay in the B&B, which I highly recommend. Our host David was very kind and his place was beautiful.Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Sidney, thanks for your wonderful review. We're delighted you had such a good time on tour with our driver-guide Steven and with your host David! Kind Regards, Clare
- EHEmilyWritten on September 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis was the first time I've done a multi-day guided tour, and it was wonderful! Far surpassed my expectations and I would absolutely do another tour with Highland Experience Tours!Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Emily, Thanks so much for joining us on tour, we're delighted you had a great time with Owen. We hope to see you on another tour soon. Kind Regards, Clare
- KSKhyaatiWritten on September 8, 20174.0 - GoodNo regrets! Great experience :)Show detailed ratingsHighland Experience Tours commented on this reviewHello Kyaati, we're delighted to hear you had a great experience on tour with Mark!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Highland Experience Tours
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How many people can this tour take?
This tour can accommodate up to 29 persons.
Is a 3 year old child able to room with 2 adult on this trip?
You would need to select a family room. You may also be asked for proof of age at the departure point.
Can I board the bus at Glasgow?
You can depart the tour from Glasgow, but we need to know about it prior to the departure.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Annie14th May 2018
Ultimate Skye Experience
- Upcoming departures
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- November 2019
- December 2019
- January 2020
- SaturdayOct 27, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayOct 29, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- WednesdayOct 31, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayNov 2, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- SaturdayNov 3, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayNov 5, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- WednesdayNov 7, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayNov 9, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- SaturdayNov 10, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayNov 12, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- WednesdayNov 14, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayNov 16, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- SaturdayNov 17, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayNov 19, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- WednesdayNov 21, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayNov 23, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- SaturdayNov 24, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysMondayNov 26, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
- WednesdayNov 28, 2018from Edinburgh3 DaysFridayNov 30, 2018to Edinburgh6 seats left$9USD $283
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland and England
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Highland Experience Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 December 2018 the full payment of $283 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $283 for Ultimate Skye Experience, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Highland Experience Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Highland Experience Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 89 km
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park (Scotland)
- 72 km
- Glencoe (Scotland)
- 15 km
- Fort William (Scotland)
- 56 km
- Eilean Donan Castle (England)
- 52 km
- Isle of Skye (Scotland)
- 14 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 104 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 91 km
- Pitlochry (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $283 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,576 tours in Europe
- covered by 257 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Ultimate Skye Experience via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 14 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Ultimate Skye Experience