- Our saving
- US $ 2,376
- Rather Poor
- JJeffCattWritten on October 1, 20183.0 - AverageRoom was very small with small bed mattresses that were made up as singles and often slipped apart. Lower deck deluxe cabins were below water line with small portholes and leaky showers. Nowhere to store luggage. Nowhere to hang clothes so could not unpack. Shower leaked. Very cloastrophobic. On one occasion room service was not totally complete. Waitress in the dining room was rude and arrogant to the point that she would not serve you if your knife was on your plate after buttering your roll. She was reluctant to assist when we wanted to pay our bill on the final evening...it was obviously an imposition but we did not want to wait until the next day when it would be hectic leaving the boat. Only took a moment to finalize the bill. Tour guide was very difficult to understand and 'lectures' were read straight from PowerPoints that did not always work. Many instructions given were important but difficult to understand...led to confusion.She was also very inflexible and did not always consider individual needs and concerns about transfers, seating arrangements (some people did not attend the Captain's Dinner because they could not find a seat next to their partner.) She did not put the customers’ needs as a priority and was more concerned with what made her organisation easier for her. She assumed people were onboard after shore excursions before we left port. She did not count heads. First 2 days we were on our own with no guidance or help. Meet and greet day consisted of a woman in the lobby of the hotel for a short time to give directions. No get together with other passengers for a meal or even a drink! Second day was to leave bags in the foyer at 11:am and then walk to the boat at 2:30pm. No cool drink was offered on arrival after a half hour walk in the hot sun! Therefore, the trip was only 6.5 days as the last day we were off the boat at 8.30am. This was advertised as a 9 day tour but we were pretty much on our own for the first two days and the last day. On the final day our choice for waiting for our transfer was sitting on a 'park bench' in the sun for two hours or placing our bags for two hours in a locker at our own expense! The Split Airport on a Saturday is a complete nightmare. Therefore an early transfer would be the best option but we were not given this choice and in fact if you asked to change times you were told the transfers were non negotiable. While wine and beer prices were reasonable, quantities varied greatly from day to day depending on who was serving you. It was noted that on the day the gratuities were to be paid the servings were much larger. I also think it is poor that if you were buying a softdrink, it was poured from a 1.25L bottle and you were charged $5 AUD. In Dubrovnik our dock allocation was less than satisfactory, particularly when you consider the age of some of our passengers. Walking to and from the bus stops was via an uneven gravel path or a “death defying” walk along the shoulder of a very busy road. The local taxi service appeared to show greater concern for the sake of our passengers by delivering them to the gangway of our ship rather than leave these elderly to find their own way back to the boat in difficult conditions. This all goes to demonstrate the lack of care and consideration given to the safety of passengers on Katarina cruises. To further demonstrate a lack of passenger care, a woman on our cruise was very unwell for a period of days and was in obvious need of medical care. She remained in her cabin for most of the cruise without an insistence of medical care. Most passengers were shocked at her deterioration when we saw her on the final evening. She ate only two spoonfuls of soup, leaving the dining room after not having eaten for days. We were distressed to see how ill she looked. When considering the cost of this cruise and the fact that Insight is advertising in conjunction with Katarina cruises, this trip did not measure up to the Insight standard. We have been on 8 previous Insight trips which we have thoroughly enjoyed. Unfortunately, this tour did not live up to our expectations based on previous experience with your company. We certainly would be reluctant to recommend this trip to other travellers.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Welcome to the Dalmatian Coast.
- Day 2: Your Elegant Cruise Ship.
- Day 3: Cruise to Korčula.
- Day 4: Mljet and Dubrovnik.
- Day 5: Dubrovnik, a ‘Paradise on Earth’.
- Day 6: The Pelješac Peninsula.
- Day 7: A Venetian Dream on Hvar.
- Day 8: Bol’s famous beach on the Island of Brač.
- Day 9: Depart Split.
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Rather poor by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Average by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Heather, 57 years old23rd September 2018
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- FridayMay 3, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Split9 seats left$264$2,640-10%USD $2,376+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayMay 10, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayMay 18, 2019to Split10+ seats left$264$2,640-10%USD $2,376+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayMay 17, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Split10+ seats leftUSD $2,640+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayMay 24, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayJun 1, 2019to Split10+ seats left$299$2,990-10%USD $2,691+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayMay 31, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Split10+ seats left$302$3,015-10%USD $2,714+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayJun 7, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayJun 15, 2019to SplitOnly 1 seat leftUSD $3,015+ $35 Cruise Port TaxBook Now Hold my
- FridayJun 14, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Split10+ seats leftUSD $3,015+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayJun 21, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayJun 29, 2019to Split8 seats left$302$3,015-10%USD $2,714+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayJun 28, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Split10+ seats left$302$3,015-10%USD $2,714+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
- FridayJul 5, 2019from Split9 DaysSaturdayJul 13, 2019to Split8 seats left$302$3,015-10%USD $2,714+ $35 Cruise Port Tax
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Croatia. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in Split.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Insight Vacations to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Insight Vacations booking. The remaining balance is then payable 50 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 December 2018 the full payment of $2,376 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2376 for Dalmatian Elegance, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Insight Vacations tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Split (Croatia)
- 16 km
- Trogir (Croatia)
- 95 km
- Korcula Island (Croatia)
- 41 km
- Mljet Island (Croatia)
- 46 km
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)
- 50 km
- Peljesac (Croatia)
- 14 km
- Trstenik (Croatia)
- 59 km
- Scedro (Croatia)
- 28 km
- Pakleni Island (Croatia)
- 14 km
- Hvar Island (Croatia)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,376 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,509 tours in Europe
- covered by 258 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 50 days prior to the departure date.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Dalmatian Elegance