Rodopi Road Cycling (Bulgaria)
Save up to 75% across the globe
ends in 27:06:35
Start and end in Sofia! With the bicycle tour Rodopi Road Cycling (Bulgaria), you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Sofia, Bulgaria and 6 other destinations in Bulgaria. Rodopi Road Cycling (Bulgaria) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Rather Poor
- JMJohnstonWritten on July 26, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour covered very impressive country side and most of the roads were great for cycling. My guide Ivan was excellent; he was well informed on history and all aspects of the regions we explored. Overall, he was great company (and his English was excellent). The only problems I encountered were related to the information given prior to the trip. First, the pick up at Sofia airport: my information was that an OK taxi would provide pick up and delivery to hotel. I expected to be met by an OK taxi person at the airport; however, it turned out that I had to find the OK taxi booth myself and ask for taxi - you should make that clear. Second, the information on what to bring was very confusing. A whole list of things that were irrelevant for a vehicle supported cycling tour was provided. For example, it was advised to bring bike panniers, but given the vehicle support that was clearly unnecessary. Someone who was less experienced in these sorts of trips may have gone out and bought expensive panniers unnecessarily - that would have been a total waste of money.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1. Arrival
- Day 2. Belmeken dam - Velingrad spa town
- Day 3. Batak dam - Beglik dam - Dospat
- Day 4. Yagodina cave - Devil's throat cave - Trigrad
- Day 5. Shiroka laka - Smolyan lakes - Smolyan
- Day 6. Rozhen - Borovo
- Day 7. The Miraculous bridges - Bachkovo monastery - Plovdiv
- Day 8. Departure
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Average by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Nancy17th May 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Sofia.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Penguin Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 25 November 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Rodopi Road Cycling (Bulgaria), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Penguin Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Penguin Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 389 km.
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 93 km
- Velingrad (Bulgaria)
- 21 km
- Batak (Bulgaria)
- 34 km
- Dospat (Bulgaria)
- 19 km
- Trigrad (Bulgaria)
- 28 km
- Smolyan (Bulgaria)
- 63 km
- Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- 132 km
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,860 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Rodopi Road Cycling (Bulgaria) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1 Genuine Review
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Rodopi Road Cycling (Bulgaria)