Balkan Cycling (Bulgaria)
- Ride to Glozhene Monastery
- Explore Troyan Monastery
- Visit Sokolski Monastery
- Having visited by car the Dryanovo monastery
- Sightseeing tour in Veliko Turnovo
- Age range
- 12 to 80 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Travel style
Start and end in Sofia! With the bicycle tour Balkan Cycling (Bulgaria), you have a 8 day tour package taking you through Sofia, Bulgaria and 10 other destinations in Bulgaria. Balkan Cycling (Bulgaria) is a small group tour that includes accommodation in a hotel as well as an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
Other reviews about Penguin Travel:Write a review
- Johnston McAvoy's review about another Penguin Travel tour4.0 - GoodThe tour covered very impressive country side and most of the roads were great for cycling. My guide Ivan was excellent;... Read more
- Stacey Cooper's review about another Penguin Travel tour5.0 - ExcellentI've just returned from the Best of Bulgaria round trip tour- 8 days. We saw amazing sights with a very knowledgeable g... Read more
- Deelip Chatterjee's review about another Penguin Travel tour4.0 - GoodWhy don't you ask about the bus driver? The driver is very important part of a road trip. The bus driver 'Bobbie' was ex... Read more
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1. Arrival
- Day 2. Goliam Izvor - Glozhene monastery - Ribaritsa village
- Day 3. Ribaritsa village - Troyan monastery - Apriltsi
- Day 4. Apriltsi - Gabrovo - Sokolsky monastery - Etura
- Day 5. Gabrovo - Tryavna - Bozhentsi
- Day 6. Bozhentsi - Dryanovo monastery - Elena
- Day 7. Elena - Arbanassi - Veliko Turnovo - Plovdiv
- Day 8. Transfer to Sofia airport. Departure
Expand allDownload PDF Brochure
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Anna9th July 2018
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Bulgaria. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Sofia.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Penguin Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 19 December 2018 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Balkan Cycling (Bulgaria), but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Penguin Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Penguin Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 518 km.
- Sofia (Bulgaria)
- 70 km
- Goliam Izvor (Bulgaria)
- 23 km
- Ribaritsa (Bulgaria)
- 46 km
- Apriltsi (Bulgaria)
- 33 km
- Gabrovo (Bulgaria)
- 14 km
- Tryavna (Bulgaria)
- 6 km
- Bozhentsi (Bulgaria)
- 38 km
- Elena (Bulgaria)
- 25 km
- Arbanasi (Bulgaria)
- 5 km
- Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,492 tours in Europe
- covered by 259 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Balkan Cycling (Bulgaria) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 22,970 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Europe tours