Wild Mountains & Rivers Exploration
- Our saving
- US $ 1,034
- +7 Destinations
- Mainland Greece
- Rather Poor
- CCCamilleWritten on May 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThanks to Tourradar, I found Trails Beyond which is now my go-to travel agency because of how fantastic my trip was. Experiencing Zagori and Meteora was an absolute dream. Zagori, Greece is now one of my top 5 favorite places out of the 18 other countries I've been to and I wouldn't have experienced it if it weren't for Trails and Beyond. Danae did a great job helping me plan and prepare for the trip. She helped book a side trip for me in Santorini which was also fantastic. So grateful for her help. My guide, Stavros, was extremely knowledgeable and on track with everything during the entire tour. I learned more about hiking and Greece than I was expecting to learn. I feel more confident about my hiking abilities after this tour. Stavros even took photos and videos of my co-traveler and me which makes me glad for the memorable captures. Oh and the accommodations at the mountain guesthouses were my favorite. Family owned, they were so warm and welcoming with amazing views, I love it. Overall, I am super satisfied and impressed with Trails Beyond!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 8, 20185.0 - ExcellentThanks to Tourradar, I found Trails Beyond which is now my go-to travel agency because of how fantastic my trip was. Experiencing Zagori and Meteora was an absolute dream. Zagori, Greece is now one of my top 5 favorite places out of the 18 other countries I've been to and I wouldn't have experienced it if it weren't for Trails and Beyond. Danae did a great job helping me plan and prepare for the trip. She helped book a side trip for me in Santorini which was also fantastic. So grateful for her help. My guide, Stavros, was extremely knowledgeable and on track with everything during the entire tour. I learned more about hiking and Greece than I was expecting to learn. I feel more confident about my hiking abilities after this tour. Stavros even took photos and videos of my co-traveler and me which makes me glad for the memorable captures. Oh and the accommodations at the mountain guesthouses were my favorite. Family owned, they were so warm and welcoming with amazing views, I love it. Overall, I am super satisfied and impressed with Trails Beyond!Show detailed ratings
- MorganWritten on May 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentTrails Beyond went above and beyond to make the most memorable trip to Greece for my Mom and I. From the lovely accommodations, to the daily activities, to the planned meals... everything was so well thought through. Every day was memorable and would have never been able to explore this mountain region of Greece without the guidance of Denae. The villages were incredibly picturesque, the hikes beautiful and interesting, as well as Greece's cultural daily life we learned along the way. Not to be missed. Can't thank Stavros and Denae enough for a great week together, we didn't want them to leave us!Show detailed ratings
- IngridWritten on November 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentDanae was exceptional from my first enquiry through to the last moment of our tour and even follow up emails with pictures taken on our tour. Our time with Danae and Stavros felt like a week spent with two best friends that were locals to the area. Nothing was too much trouble, they happily accommodated our needs and answered our thousands of questions. Expert driving from town to town, meals and wine shared at beautiful locations, guidance of trails and villages was detailed and shared with genuine sincerity. Every moment, every day with Trails Beyond was exciting, fulfilling and vistas to inspire even the well travelled tourist. It was sad to leave our time with this pair and end our week of walk visiting off the beaten track places. Trails Beyond the best tour organiser in Greece!Show detailed ratings
- ISIngridWritten on August 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentAs off the beaten track explorers our expectations were high and met, even exceeded in many areas! Danae and Stavros spent the week driving us and sharing many authentic experiences throughout the mountains always smiling and sharing valuable tips. From daily hiking to amazing places (my favourite being the stone bridges day), to meals shared at quiet hotels, drinks in local pubs, rafting on the Papigo River and horse riding through the fir forest, every day was filled with adventure and smiles. Nothing was too much for this pair, sharing sunglasses when mine were broken, adapting walks to suit fitness, tiredness or over enthusiasm to watch a sunrise. Accomodation was always very comfortable in small locally run hotels where we had a chance to chat with the owners and experience local food cooked especially for us, even my husbands difficult dietary requirements were catered for. Stavros was forever ready with his camera snapping amazing shots featuring us that we would not be able to capture. From pickup on day one to drop off on conclusion nothing was too much trouble for these fantastic guides and it was sad to say goodbye. I would recommend Trails Beyond if you are looking for an authentic adventure with plenty of activity. Thankyou Danae and Stavros for our week with you, a highlight of our 8 weeks in Europe!Show detailed ratingsTrails Beyond commented on this reviewDear Ingrid, thank you for your really wonderful words! It was a great pleasure having you with us, you were a great company, really easygoing and interesting people to meet and spend time with, we wish all our guests are like you guys! I hope you enjoyed your European trip and it would be great to see you again, if you come back to Europe!!
- RHRobertWritten on May 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentI can't recommend this tour and Trails Beyond enough. The Greek mountains are breathtakingly beautiful, photos can't do them justice. The hotels we stayed in were very nice, but the guesthouses were even better, with a real sense of Greek hospitality. Our guides, Danae and Stavros, were so warm and friendly. We were a very small group so it seemed less like a tour, and more like two people showing their friends around their awesome country. The itinerary packed a lot in, but we never felt hurried. The hikes were a bit taxing, but that was part of the appeal. The other activities were all fun and allowed additional opportunities to see the landscape and learn about the area. An unexpected bonus was all the delicious food we ate. This could almost have been a gastronomic tour! All of these combined to make one of the best experiences I have ever had.Show detailed ratings
- MichaelWritten on July 29, 20155.0 - ExcellentEnjoyed the trip very, very much and highly recommend Trails Beyond to anyone who wants to travel to Greece beneath the beaten tourist tracks. Danae was such a fantastic guide who really lives her passion to show the unknown parts of her beautiful country to the travellers. Ευχαριστώ πολύ Danae!!!Show detailed ratings
- AntonioWritten on May 17, 20155.0 - ExcellentExploration, nature, action, history, food, freedom, landscape, stars, moon... this tour was amazing, a big experience. Everybody love exploration and to feel radical have to book it! I hope to do it again. Let me end saying thank you to Danae, ours guide...the best one with the right stuff! Yhooo!!!!!Show detailed ratings
- MassimoWritten on May 17, 2015Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
- AandreasWritten on May 16, 20155.0 - ExcellentThere are no words to describe how we enjoyed this tour! We could hardly believe our eyes with the landscapes we visited and the quaint mountain villages we visited. The tour program was really balanced, so that we would always do and see things at the right pace, having the time to elaborate and get the most of all the experienced we lived. Even when a sudden snowstorm caused us some trouble on our way to Metsovo, the driver and tour guide kept their temper and knew exactly what to do. They clearly knew all those remote areas very well, found us a shelter in a warm cafe where we eventually spent the night thanks to the generosity of the villagers. We will always keep vivid memory of those hikes through the Epirus mountains and those incredible canyons. Highly recommended!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Athens
- Day 2: Athens - Lake Plastira - Elati
- Day 3: Elati - Pertouli - Vitsa
- Day 4: Vradeto steps, Beloi viewpoint & Zagoria arch stone bridges
- Day 5: Crossing Vikos Gorge
- Day 6: Papigo (rafting) - Meteora
- Day 7: Meteora - Athens
Prepare for an adventure in this stunning destination with our travel guide.
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
I'd like to know if accommodation is included?
Accommodation is included. The 7th night is dependant on your schedule.
Are airport transfers included in this tour package?
Aiport pick up is available for this tour but only in dates specified in the itinerary.
Where does the tour start?
This trip starts in Athens.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Hamish13th March 2018
Wild Mountains & Rivers Exploration
- SundayNov 4, 2018from Athens7 DaysSaturdayNov 10, 2018to Athens10+ seats left$32USD $1,034
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Trails Beyond booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 15 December 2018 the full payment of $1,034 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1034 for Wild Mountains & Rivers Exploration, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Trails Beyond will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Trails Beyond tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 225 km
- Plastiras Lake (Greece)
- 30 km
- Elati (Greece)
- 7 km
- Pertouli (Greece)
- 64 km
- Zagori (Greece)
- 9 km
- Vitsa (Greece)
- 13 km
- Vikos-Aoos National Park (Greece)
- 76 km
- Meteora (Greece)
- 272 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,034 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,374 tours in Europe
- covered by 256 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Wild Mountains & Rivers Exploration via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 11 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Wild Mountains & Rivers Exploration