Irish Explorer - 7 days
- Our saving
- US $ 806
- Uncover Dublin’s extraordinary history
- Travel along the Wild Atlantic Way
- Explore the bohemian city of Galway
- Visit Bunratty Castle & Folk Park
- Rather Poor
- CHCarolynWritten on September 17, 20184.0 - GoodThe tour was efficiently organised by Expat, with special accolades to Kerry for her 'on tour' organisation. The accommodation varied considerably from what I would call a 2 star hotel at Galway to a 4 star at Blanchardstown. I know the Imperial Hotel at Galway is very conveniently located, but is an inferior hotel in all ways and I have written an honest, somewhat scathing review on TripAdvisor. I know others felt similarly.The other unmentioned hotels were satisfactory. Included meals were very good. The itinerary was tight and tiring with so much bus travel. However it was what it was - a taster for Ireland. The coach was very good, driver Martin was excellent and his experience showed. He was very friendly, polite and helpful at all times. Tour guide Kerry was efficient and super organised. Her understanding of the area showed in her explanations and directions. There was no talking about herself (as we've had on another recent tour) and she made the whole trip interesting. The only thing I might say is that Kerry, although friendly, was not skilled in one to one conversations and not prepared to give as much time as she could to individuals. She always seemed to be keen to get away. She also didn't have meals or socialise with the group (as far as we could see) so this limited her personal contact with people. A small criticism, but one which stood out to us. Still one of the best organised guides we've had. Would I recommend this tour to others? Better for younger people, not us older ones. Not overly strenuous activity, but a long time on the coach and long days.Show detailed ratings
- JGJoanneWritten on September 16, 20184.0 - GoodVery good. A lot to cover so on the road a lot, accomodation good, breakfast boxes could be improved Overall value for moneyShow detailed ratings
- MBMargueriteWritten on August 1, 20183.5 - GoodIt was great to get an early start. We enjoyed the sights around Ireland.Show detailed ratings
- MAMaryWritten on July 27, 20184.5 - ExcellentIt would have been nice to be introduced to one another. Some type of ice breaker. Something simple like your name, where from, why Ireland. But nothing was suggested or offered to let us get to know anyone but her and our driver. She was very strict, which was appreciated as we were often the first tour buses at destinations. The driver was fantastic.Show detailed ratings
- ColleenWritten on July 22, 20184.5 - ExcellentWhat a great experience and way to see Ireland for the first time. Kerry was an excellent tour guide great personality, interacted well with everyone. Our driver Peadar was also great telling stories about Irish history and entertaining us with song. Would recommend this tour 100%.Show detailed ratings
- BETHWritten on June 19, 20184.5 - ExcellentVery good overview of Ireland.Show detailed ratings
- SWSusanWritten on June 11, 20184.5 - ExcellentI loved our guide and driver, very knowledgeable and helpful. The itinerary covered so much of the beautiful country of Ireland so that in a short time we have a good overview of this beautiful place. Hotels were very good, wish there were elevators or porters to help with luggage but overall very nice.Show detailed ratings
- BWritten on June 11, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe Ring of Kerry day was the highlightShow detailed ratings
- SOSheilaWritten on June 6, 20184.5 - ExcellentWe were fortunate to have a lovely group of people, age 9 to age 70-something. The people were from all over the world including South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, England, Canada, Germany and the U.S. Our tour guide, Kerry, was very knowledgeable and always kept us updated of the places we were going next, plans for the following day and things we might want to bring along, etc.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 31, 20183.5 - GoodThe bus driver, Mr. O'Brien, was an excellent driver and went out of his way to accommodate us and offer assistance getting on and off the bus and unloading our luggage. Kerry, our tour guide, was delightful, organized and was a fantastic leader, making sure everyone knew the plans for each day and for the following day. She frequently reminded the group of the departure times and where the bus would be parked, so no one would be left behind. The Travel Lodge for our first and last night was less then ideal and the food at that hotel was not that great either.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Dublin
- Day 2: Belfast - Giant's Causeway - Derry/Londonderry
- Day 3: Derry/Londonderry - Galway
- Day 4: Cliffs of Moher - Limerick - Killarney
- Day 5: Ring of Kerry
- Day 6: Blarney Castle - Dublin
- Day 7: End of Tour
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
How much time is spent on the bus each day?
Passengers will spend 3-5 hours on the bus each day, depending on the distance between cities and stops.
When and where does the tour end?
This tour concludes after breakfast at 10 am at the Red Cow Moran Hotel in Dublin (The hotel is subject to change until your booking is finalised). Don’t forget to swap details with your fellow travellers before your onward journey home!
When and where does the tour start?
The first day of this tour is an arrivals day so you can arrive at any time at Red Cow Moran Hotel (subject to change), however, your tour guide will be at the hotel between 2 pm and 5 pm on the first day of the tour to help you with check-in. If you arrive early, the tour operator recommends taking a walk around the city centre, and as Dublin is a relatively compact city, you can easily explore the history and culture on foot!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Vicki10th June 2018
Irish Explorer - 7 days
- Upcoming departures
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SundayMay 5, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayMay 11, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$430$1,265-34%USD $835
- SundayMay 19, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayMay 25, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$377$1,265-30%USD $888
- SundayJun 2, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJun 8, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$430$1,265-34%USD $835
- SundayJun 16, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJun 22, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$430$1,265-34%USD $835
- SundayJun 30, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJul 6, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$377$1,265-30%USD $888
- SundayJul 14, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayJul 20, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$377$1,265-30%USD $888
- SundayJul 28, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayAug 3, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$430$1,265-34%USD $835
- SundayAug 11, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayAug 17, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$459$1,265-36%USD $806
- SundayAug 25, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdayAug 31, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$430$1,265-34%USD $835
- SundaySep 8, 2019from Dublin7 DaysSaturdaySep 14, 2019to Dublin10+ seats left$430$1,265-34%USD $835
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingNorthern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Dublin.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Expat Explore Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 10% to confirm this Expat Explore Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 26 November 2018 the full payment of $806 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $806 for Irish Explorer - 7 days, but the deposit of 10% is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Expat Explore Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 140 km
- Belfast (Ireland)
- 99 km
- Londonderry (Northern Ireland)
- 223 km
- Galway (Ireland)
- 41 km
- Cliffs of Moher (Ireland)
- 51 km
- Bunratty (Ireland)
- 13 km
- Limerick (Ireland)
- 16 km
- Adare (Ireland)
- 119 km
- Caherciveen (Ireland)
- 44 km
- Kenmare (Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $806 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 9,841 tours in Europe
- covered by 255 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 31 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Irish Explorer - 7 days