5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- Our saving
- US $ 322
- Experience a taste of Highland life
- Search for the elusive Nessie
- Witness Scottish folklore come to life
- Explore Trossachs National Park
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MindyWritten on April 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentI just got back from this tour yesterday and already wanting to plan a trip back! This was such an amazing tour and even better with Neil as our guide! Neil was funny, considerate, an awesome DJ, storyteller, and became a friend to us all! He told the best stories about each landmark and had the best music playlist for the longer trips between stops. Neil always gave recommendations for eating, drinking, and shopping at each overnight stop and they were always great places. He made this trip one that I will never forget and helped me see Scotland in a totally different but awesome way! If you love being out in the mountains, hiking, seeing breathtaking views, hear tales of folklore, and meeting some awesome people then you should book this tour!Show detailed ratings
- LLauraReimannWritten on April 22, 20185.0 - ExcellentThis was the second time I did the exact same tour and I loved it even more than the first time! I was lucky to have Neil as my guide for both my visits to Scotland as no one knows more and crazier myths and legends, can entertain you and be your DJ and still drive you savely through the narrow streets of lovely little towns.Show detailed ratings
- LLrkeAhlmannOlesenVangWritten on April 20, 20185.0 - ExcellentI did the 5 Day trip with Neil as guide. And it was an amazing trip. Neil is the best possible guide and he really made you feel at home in Scotland. I can Highly recommend it.Show detailed ratings
- LLTWritten on April 17, 20185.0 - ExcellentWe hiked and visited tons of sites (castles, lochs, a whiskey distillery, etc) and as a bonus had beautiful weather. Although we packed a lot into every day, I rarely felt rushed. I'm generally a pretty independent traveler but it was great to have transportation and accommodation taken care of. Richard was a fantastic guide! He's a very knowledgeable and funny storyteller, and he asked for the group's input about which location/activity we preferred. I recommend this tour to people who want the convenience, camaraderie, and local knowledge that a tour provides, while still having flexibility to make the trip your own.Show detailed ratings
- ConstantinWritten on April 17, 20184.5 - ExcellentExcellent trip, great country. Will defo come back!Show detailed ratings
- LizzyWritten on April 15, 20185.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely loved the tour. We got to see all the best parts of the highlands. We spent everyday visiting ruined castles, amazing viewpoints and hiking mountains. Richard was great - knew all the local places and history, and was a great story teller!! Would definitely recommend this tour for anyone who wants to actually experience the Highlands.Show detailed ratings
- KamWritten on April 14, 20185.0 - ExcellentThe hiking in the trip is so fun. We get to see lots of very cool landscape in highlands, like glencole and the famous Isle of Skye.the guide is also very knowledgeable and funny as hell. I had a really good time in the tourShow detailed ratings
- EEviWillemsWritten on April 12, 20184.5 - ExcellentI have seen the most beautifull places, Scotland is absolutely stunning. Mark the guide was very kind and had the most amazing stories. The variety between the time on the bus and the time of the bus where good. Thereby i enjoyed the time on the bus as well, the views, music and stories from mark made it very worthwhile. Would absolutely recommend this tour!Show detailed ratings
- MMonikaHuberWritten on April 9, 2018Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
- KirstenWritten on April 8, 20184.5 - ExcellentThis tour was absolutely AMAZING. I came on this tour originally just because it convientently fit into my schedule, but I could not be more satisfied with the results. I now know more about Scotland and its history and sights than I ever could have imagined. Thanks to Mark for being an awesome guide and making everything so entertaining! I hope to make my way back to Scotland soon!!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
End point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Neil Sight Spotting from Wester Ross
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- What happens when you set the guides free at the beach...
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 3, 2018
Do I need a visa?
As a tour booking website, TourRadar cannot organise visas for you on your behalf as the visa requirements are regularly being updated and vary for the nationality of one traveller to the next. It is for this reason that we recommend checking with your local embassy or consulate website for the latest up to date information.
- April 1, 2017
Is there a hotel list available?
The price of this tour does not include accommodation. Instead, the tour operator reserves dorm beds in their Highland hostels for everybody whilst on tour. The dormitories are between 4 and 10 beds and can be mixed gender or - on request - single-sex only. The bathrooms are all shared. They always try to keep the tours to themselves but it can happen that you will share with other people as well.
Your accommodation in dorm style rooms is guaranteed and you just pay either with cash or by credit card on arrival. Prices range from £18 to £24 per night.
Usually, accommodations are subject to change until 4-6 weeks before the departure date, however, this is a list of accommodations that they typically stay at:
Inverness Student Hotel
The Oban Backpackers
Hopefully, this list will give you a better idea of what kind of accommodation you can expect while on tour.
- April 1, 2017
What does the tour price include?
The tour price includes a Scottish tour guide and the bus transport as per the itinerary.
Unless otherwise stated, accommodation is not included in the price of the tour but a room is guaranteed for you whilst on tour, MacBackpackers reserve a bed for you in each backpacker hostel they stay at. You will therefore be asked to pay on arrival at the hostels.You can pay for your accommodation with either cash or credit/debit card.
The price of the tour doesn’t include food. However, you will make supermarket stops every day and each of the hostels has a well-equipped kitchen for al guests to use. There will also be pubs and restaurants near each hostel if you feel like eating out in the evening.
89 travellers met before going on their MacBackpackers 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynette13th February 2018
5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- MondayApr 30, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 4, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $27$349-8%USD $322
- MondayMay 7, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 11, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $27$349-8%USD $322
- MondayMay 14, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 18, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $27$349-8%USD $322
- MondayMay 21, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMay 25, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $27$349-8%USD $322
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 1, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $27$349-8%USD $322
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 8, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $14USD $335
- MondayJun 11, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 15, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $14USD $335
- MondayJun 18, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 22, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $14USD $335
- MondayJun 25, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJun 29, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $14USD $335
- MondayJul 2, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayJul 6, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats leftOnly 4 days left toSave $14USD $335
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 22 June 2018 the full payment of $322 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $322 for 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 77 km
- Torridon (Scotland)
- 33 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 52 km
- Quiraing (Scotland)
- 26 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 43 km
- Armadale (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $322 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,672 tours in Europe
- covered by 201 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 327 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling