5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- Our saving
- US $ 232
- Great value for money
- Fully guided adventures
- Experience picturesque routes of Scotland
- Visit well known sights and all the hidden gems
- Age range
- 18 to 40 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- MEMichelleWritten on December 22, 20174.5 - ExcellentIt was a great trip! Our tour guide Neil told amazing stories and had a wicked sense of humour! Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to see Scotland’s beautiful scenery!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Michelle, Many thanks for rating us. We are glad to hear you had an amazing trip with Neil. Hopefully, you will come back soon! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- MMeganWritten on November 25, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was an absolutely amazing trip! The tour guide Richard was knowledgeable and entertaining with the perfect amount of cheekiness. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone that is looking to see the real Scotland.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Megan, Thanks so much for taking the time to rate us. We are happy to hear you had a brilliant tour with Richard. We hope to see you again soon!. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- AYAnnaWritten on November 24, 20174.0 - GoodThe adventures on hikes, waterfalls, lochs, snows sightings, walks were awesome. Engaged tour by Richard. We enjoyed the trip.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Anna, Thanks for rating us. We are happy to hear that you had a nice tour with Richard. Come back soon again! Best wishes, Jaz xx
- AMAlexandriaWritten on November 24, 20175.0 - ExcellentOur guide Richard was fantastic, down to earth and very knowledgeable. Definitely a historic tour with a twist. We could pick where we wanted to go and he made it happen.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Alexandria, We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the tour with Richard. Thanks so much for taking the time to send your pictures and rating us. We hope to see you soon. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- JMJessicaWritten on November 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentA tour is only as good as the guide you are blessed with. And Neil at MacBackpackers is a real gift. It take a lot of energy and dedication to be an expert about so many wonderful locations, with all the history that permeates glorious Scotland, and Neil proved to be a master. This was my fourth trip to Scotland, and this tour especially surpassed all my other visits. Bravo Neil. And thank you.Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to rate us. It is a delight to hear that you had a fantastic tour with Neil. We hope you will return to Scotland soon again! Best wishes, Jaz
- LLindsayWritten on November 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentHeart is still full from such an incredible time on the 5 day Highland Tour! Loved the freedom of the itinerary and the awesome insight from our kick-ass guide, Mark; he was hilarious, had some great music playing and made everyone feel very comfortable- so much so that we were all referring to each other by nicknames and felt like a little family. Highlight was definitely climbing The Old Man of Storr despite hurricane-like wind and rain, lol, and having a group dinner on our last night. Was so sad to leave but our little squad is already talking of coming back for a reunion. Thank you so much for such an unforgettable experience :) Love always, 'Canada' xoShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Lindsay, Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review and posting photos from the trip. We are delighted to hear you had a fab tour with Mark. We think that all of you should definitely come back soon. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- ATAna-MariaWritten on November 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentMark was an amazing guide. His sense of humour brought our entire group closer together from the first day. He was an awesome storyteller, and was passionate about the history of each place we visited. He gave us enough time at each location, and we never felt rushed. He had awesome recommendations for each place we visited. The bus was spacious and very comfortable, and the hostels were a great value. Highly recommend the 5-day fling tour! Thanks Mark!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Ana-Maria, Thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review. It is great to hear you had a fantastic tour with Mark. Hopefully, we will see you again soon! x Jaz
- Chiew SimWritten on November 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentMark was an amazing tour guide. Honestly, this is the best ever tour I joined. It totally beyond my expectations. Highly recommended!!! Regards, Chiew SimShow detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Chiew, Many thanks for rating us. We are delighted to hear you had a great time on tour with Mark. We are looking forward to having you on tour with us again in the near future. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- ACAliceWritten on November 5, 20174.0 - GoodI had the best experience in Scotland, our guide Neil was super fun and made learning about their history really interesting and unique. I had never been on a tour before because I was worried I would spend the entire time on the bus but this was so amazing because we got to go out and see so much everyday, I would recommend it to everyone!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHello Alice, Many thanks for taking the time to rate us and sending beautiful pics. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the tour with Neil. We are looking forward to seeing you again when you return to Scotland. Best wishes, Jaz xx
- JMJesseWritten on November 3, 20174.5 - ExcellentJust finished the 5 day Highland fling and it’s the best tour I’ve ever experienced! Our tour guide Neil was amazing, he was funny, super knowledgeable about everywhere we went and was completely honest about his own experiences when visiting places. It didn’t matter the weather we got lots of time off the bus hiking to beautiful lookouts and walking through historical sites. Obviously five days was not enough and I will definitely being coming back, but it was none the less and amazing start. I highly recommend any of these tours for anyone who actually wants to feel and experience the highlands, not just stare at it out of your window!Show detailed ratingsMacBackpackers commented on this reviewHi Jesse, It is a pleasure to hear you had an amazing tour with Neil. Thanks for taking the time to review us. Hopefully, you will join us on another adventure soon! Best wishes, Jaz
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
Start point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
End point Castle Rock Hostel, 15 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Neil Exploring Spean Bridge and Ben Nevis
- Richard on top of a Blustery Old Man of Storr
- Neil Sight Spotting from Wester Ross
- Relaxing Clouds overlooking the Old Man of Storr
- What happens when you set the guides free at the beach...
- Who are MacBackpackers?
- Neil showing off the Old Man of Storr
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
Can you please provide more information on the accommodation used on this tour?
We reserve dorm beds in our Highland hostels for everybody whilst on tour. The dormitories have between 4 and 10 beds and can be mixed gender or - on request - female only. The bathrooms are all shared. We always try to keep the tours to themselves but it can happen that you will share with other people as well.
- April 1, 2017
What does the tour price include?
The tour price includes our Scottish tour guide and the bus.
Unless otherwise stated, Christmas/Hogmanay Packages, accommodation is not included in the price of the tour, but is guaranteed for you whilst on tour, we reserve a bed for you in each backpacker hostel we stay at. You will therefore be asked to pay on arrival at the hostels.You can pay for your accommodation with either cash or credit/debit card.
The price of the tour doesn’t include food. However we make supermarket stops every day and each of the hostels has a well equipped kitchen for our guests to use. There will also be pubs and restaurants near each hostel if you feel like eating out in the evening.
- February 1, 2017
I'm 62 years old, can I join this tour?
If you're open to young backpackers from all over the world, can live with 'young language', are happy to stay in a dormitory (bunk beds) with your fellow travellers and are able and willing to climb a mountain or two you're welcome to join our tour.
Most of our guests on our tours are in their early 20's.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Sylvia22nd December 2017
5 Day Skye & Highland Fling
- Upcoming departures
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- MondayJan 29, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayFeb 2, 2018to Edinburgh8 seats left$99$331-30%USD $232
- MondayFeb 5, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayFeb 9, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$13USD $318
- MondayFeb 12, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayFeb 16, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$99$331-30%USD $232
- MondayFeb 19, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayFeb 23, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$13USD $318
- MondayFeb 26, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMar 2, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$99$331-30%USD $232
- MondayMar 5, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMar 9, 2018to Edinburgh0 seats left$13USD $318
- MondayMar 12, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMar 16, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$99$331-30%USD $232
- MondayMar 19, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMar 23, 2018to Edinburgh8 seats left$99$331-30%USD $232
- MondayMar 26, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayMar 30, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$99$331-30%USD $232
- MondayApr 2, 2018from Edinburgh5 DaysFridayApr 6, 2018to Edinburgh10+ seats left$99$331-30%USD $232
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingScotland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Edinburgh.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 25% to confirm this MacBackpackers booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 21 March 2018 the full payment of $232 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $232 for 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling, but the deposit of 25% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and MacBackpackers will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for MacBackpackers tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Edinburgh (Scotland)
- 73 km
- Dunkeld (Scotland)
- 108 km
- Culloden (Scotland)
- 31 km
- Loch Ness (Scotland)
- 27 km
- Inverness (Scotland)
- 77 km
- Torridon (Scotland)
- 33 km
- Kyleakin (Scotland)
- 52 km
- Quiraing (Scotland)
- 26 km
- Portree (Scotland)
- 43 km
- Armadale (Scotland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $232 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 7,010 tours in Europe
- covered by 177 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 79 travellers have already met
before they left for 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 296 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 5 Day Skye & Highland Fling